levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2018 :  5:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here we are in a new month! Time flies. Hard to believe we are in the fourth month of the year already.

We had a great day with the family. Attended services this morning, had an egg hunt for the kids this afternoon and a nice time together.
Everything is tidied up and back to normal.

What does everyone have if anything in their plans for April?

We will be going to PA to help move JT's mom to his sister's place.
Will be so much better for her if she is not alone anymore. Then headed to Ohio for another visit with the kids and grandgirls.

When we return it will be time to get some things in the ground to get the garden going.

Spent yesterday clipping vines and doing some Spring cleaning in the yard. We have so many trees that there is always something to trim, rake or clean up.

Hope all of you had a great March and are looking forward to a new month!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  06:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy April everyone just popping in to say hi and have a wonderful day.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  07:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to see you Sherry. Hope all is well there in Texas.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  07:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to see you here, Sherry. Hope things are well with you. Ed and I were in Jefferson on Saturday and I thought about you being pretty lose to there.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  4:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing really planned in April. Just yard work if it ever warms up. Tomorrow we will be getting lots of rain and then snow as it gets colder. Typical spring. Lol...gives me more time to knit and sew. Yay!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  2:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

Denise, indeed it is hard to believe that April is upon us. Not much going on here. I am still plugging away at finishing quilting UFO in between starting and completing new projects. I'm working on staying focused. Seemed I'm only focused in my quilting ... other areas sure could use some focus.

I will be going away this coming weekend for some R & R. Although I say there isn't much going on here, what I mean is not much that I want to report on. As you all know, I am a very private person. What I will say, it has been challenging. So, I'm looking forward to getting away from it all to the Kripula center in Stockbridge, MA for a few days. I do enjoy that place, it is so peaceful. A great place to gather one's thoughts!

Catch you all later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  5:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy April, happy Spring - whenever it decides to come to all of us! We have Spring one day, Winter the next! Plants out, plants back in the garage :(! My poor Hydrangea's don't know if they are coming or going and it is taking a toll on them!
Getting ready for Grandson's wedding May 5th, so lots going on here. We had son, daughter-in-love and grandson here for Easter as well as two granddaughters from another daughter. Busy, busy - but I love it. Have the front porch floor half painted - weather has been an issue with me finishing it. Sister and adopted sister coming from MA, May 1st, Hubby going to Emory Pain Doctor in the morning to see what can be done about his back, surgery is not an option. I'm not on here much, but know that y'all are in my heart and prayers. Hugs to you all

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  5:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hugs and prayers to you, Ruth. We are here when you get a chance to visit and write.

Has anyone heard from Shannon?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  5:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She has been on Facebook. But nothing shared there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2018 :  11:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well hello and happy April everyone, Time is flying by too fast.
Carole enjoy your rest time. And your UFO!
Ruth it is just wonderful to see you on here, hope you are able to get your plants out soon.
Have a great day Linda.
Denise thank you for all you do, and I sure enjoyed the Spring Swap.

Love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2018 :  6:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! Not much going on here either. It's the time of year when the weather goes up and down. Keeps us inside still.

No plans to go away this month. Going to spend time with the kids here. My son is going to help fix some things around our house.

Hope you have a nice time in MA Carole. Will pray for your husband's back pain.

Got our seed order. Have to wait another month to plant anything though. Soon enough we will be tired of extreme heat. Lol...

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2018 :  09:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm been reading and keeping up with all of you but not posting much. I seem to do the same old things so there's nothing new to say. I did get MaryJane's Wild Bread book so I am busy with nurturing my first Mother. I will drop in from time to time but my computer time will be spent mostly on MJF and her Wild Bread forum. When I can add to the conversation on SPG forum I will join in.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  04:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi everyone!
We spent yesterday on the road. We are in PA helping to move JT's mom in with his sister. Living by herself has become a bad situation for her. Only problem we face is the addition they put on their place is very small and no where near being finished.
So, they will have get it done quickly after we move her in.

After we leave here we headed to Ohio where I will stay for a couple of weeks to help with the little girls while her hubby is away for a business trip. My dd is very tired and sick with this pregnancy. I will be on more once I get there.

Sara,
I enjoy seeing all you are doing each day. I feel like this group is somewhere we can get together as if we are chatting over a cup of tea with one another. We seem to have times where everyone seems to be busy and not dropping byas often, but I so look forward to this group and what everyone is doing.

I would love it if you gals could send me an email and let me know if there are any of those on the main forum you think might like to join us here. I can send them an invite to join us.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 07 2018 04:57:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  06:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, It is pouring here, wind earlier was pushing me around when I was going up the stairs at work. It is pouring now. Boo, The wind hit my house and lifted it a little. Don't like that. Went to game night at the Church here in Loleta tonight and played scrabble. The host of the night made a different kind of Kraut with riblets, really good. And home made pretzels.

The back road to Ferndale was blocked today, I was going that way and had to turn around. apparently the road that gave out about a year ago decided to do it again with a car in the hole. The person was ok though.n That is scary, With the rain and the earthquakes that probably got it going again.
And on into Saturday. I got side tracked. I have to go to a meeting for retirement today, of which I am employed but retired before. Thought I could find out something new. The storm has stopped for now hope it stays that way.
Have a good Saturday everyone.

Love you all

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  06:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene,
That is a mess when it rains,and all that damage to the roads.
Sure hope you get some sunshine!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  8:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it did get sunny today and supposed to be tomorrow which is good for me driving to Church. God is good.

They are working on that road.
Have a good night.

love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2018 :  6:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise you are busy. Hope the construction goes quickly for JTs mom.

Enjoy the girls. Praying your dd will be feeling better very soon.

Darlene glad the rain has stopped and the sun is shinning. Sounds like you attend a nice church.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  11:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two young men from next door killed a baby rattle snake today. Means there are more around. Will be on my guard when in the yard. Last year Annie killed a baby copperhead so I think she can take care of herself.

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  3:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

Not much to report here ... I feel like Sara, same old same old ... What an exciting life I lead! lol NOT! but, I like it like that!

I've been plugging away at my UFOs in between machine quilting for other people. That's about it!

Bought myself a diffusor and I absolutely love it. It has done wonders for my cough! I've been hacking for over 4 months, sucking on cough drops in the night so I could catch some zzzz. Invested in one of these

... and OMG a miracle has occurred! I'm no longer hacking a lung out! I presently use spearmint or peppermint mixed with lavender oil.

Does anyone have a good reference/book for mixing essential oils? I'm looking for a book that will tell me how, why and what to mix. I'm experimenting at the moment, not that successfully.

Catch you all later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Apr 15 2018 3:51:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  5:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, snakes scare me. We only have rat snakes here and not poisonous but I still dont like them.

Carole,
I have one just like that but it's a little different shaped. I bought before winter set in and used eucalyptus in it all winter. It did wonders for me when I came home sick from my last visit here. I do not know of a book but I get my information from mountainroseherbs.com.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  5:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Carole, that is great that the diffuser has helped so much, it is really nice. I am glad your feeling better,
Marilyn might have a recipe or information on that.

Ooh Sara You have some wicked snakes about your area! Be careful out there.

Take care out there! Hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  04:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Up early this morning helping to get things in order here. Dd is tired a lot and dealing with 3 little ones isn't easy. Seems everyone has to be somewhere, school, preschool, dance lessons, art fairs. LOL. Why do we make ourselves so busy when we are young? Serious;y, everyone is fine.

I found out yesterday that instead of going straight back home we are detouring back up through Pa. again to check on things with JT's mom and pick up a few things from her.

I love to visit but it will be nice to get home and start on some Spring things. Providing Spring has shown up yet.
Lots to get done at home now. Warmer weather always makes me happy to get moving and get things accomplished.

Wishing a splendid day for everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 19 2018 11:19:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  06:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Been very cool here in Texas lately. And very windy the past few days. Getting ready and trying to decide what clothes to pack for China. We leave 2 weeks from today, and packing for 19 days is daunting. Have several "travel kit" pieces that can drip-dry overnight and they are lightweight. Other travelers in our tour group may be seeing the same clothes over and over. Only allowed a checked bag of 44.2 pounds and the suitcase weighs over 10! And for the carry-on in China on the short plane hops can only weigh 11 pounds. Had to find something lightweight to use as the carry-on bag because the normal bags weight at or over 8 pounds!!! Not much room left. I have a zippered "Shopping bag" type bag I got in Ireland at a souvenir shop and it weights 1/4 pound - I think that will be my carry-on. LOL! And Ed's carry-on will be his camera bag.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  06:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda you'll need a vacation when you get through with all the packing and preparations.

It's a piddling day for me. A little of this and that. I had wanted to make a new garden flag for the Jubilee but haven't gotten around to it - maybe today. I have two from the previous Jubilees that I will put out first of May. One with aprons and the other with mini-aprons. I did make a mini-garden flag for my mini-garden.

The wind has blown and blown here too but the sun is shinning today so that's a good thing.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  07:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We will be gone May 3-22, so I won't be putting up my flag or banner. Don't want it to blow away while wee are gone. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9538 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9538 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  11:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad I'll be home in time for the Jubilee. Will gather up my things to put out when I get there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 19 2018 11:21:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Marching into April 2018 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page