Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  8:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Ed says it is a lot easier than replacement. Hopefully the meniscus is salvageable and knee replacement is NOT in the cards for later.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  06:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will do great, Linda! Meniscus surgery is going to fix that tear which is hurting you with every move. Plus, you have a live in nurse to help you afterwards so you will be able to have the best of care!! Try not to worry and look forward to having your life back again with a fixed knee.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  07:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie. Yes, ed is a great nurse. Lol!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  6:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, hope your surgery will feelin no pain soon!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  12:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE on surgery: Has been rescheduled to Monday, July 31. Please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Linda on Monday.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  7:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well take it easy on yourself Linda this week.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  7:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having just had knee replacement in May, I can tell you better days are ahead. My prayers are with you for a fast recovery.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  07:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

How was your weekend?

On Sunday I went to King Arthur Flour Bake school in Norwich VT (approximatly 2.5 hour drive south east of me) and took a bread course. I would be an item worthy of sharing in the thread "what's going on in your kitchen" but I didn't bake it in my kitchen! lol

We made two baguettes in class. I'm surprised there was any left over after the drive home. OMG, it was delish!

On Monday I headed into Montreal to get my paper work done for may passport and to meet my mum for lunch. I couldn't believe the traffic!!!! It took me 2 hours to cross the bridge. A drive that normally takes me 1.5 hours took 3.5 hours!!!! I do not miss the Montreal traffic! It is always a pleasure to catch up with family.

Linda, thank you for letting us know. Healing energy already on its way to you!

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  1:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. Terry is doing a little better. But he is taking heavy dose of diabetic medicine. But we have began to eat better. We got one of those NuWave cooking oven. And we just luv it. We don't fry
anything at all now. So we can tell the difference. But continued prayers. So now I want to go back and catch up here and see what is going on. Thinking of my sisters. Luv you, all.

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  1:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luv you too Marlee! I am glad things are getting better. I have heard of those NuWave ovens. Nice it is doing a good job for you.
Take care and Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  3:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, glad he is doing better. I have a friend, insulin dependent who lost over 100 # riding an exercise bike. Problem then was too much insulin. I even called her daughter because I thought she was descending into dementia. When the doc lowered her insulin she quickly got betterlopped Her memory is iffy, but so much better. Hang in there. I'm going to check into a new wave oven. Thanks for the tip.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never in my life had a fist fight, but I feel as though I have been in one all afternoon. The dentist numbed my lower jaw...boy was it funny feeling...my chin felt soooo long. Then she cleaned my remaining teeth. Then she drilled and the hygienist GAve me a shower...it was cold. Then fillings were needed, three of them. More numbing meds...and one tooth to pull rather than the four I was thinking I nečded. It took an hour and a half to pull one tooth. She worked, used a saw, more pain meds, more work...problem the tooth broke into lots of pieces and broke off from the roots. I feel sure I will be colorfully bruised. Now in a couple of weeks we will begin the process to get some new choppers. It really felt good to walk out into the warm sunshine at 4:30pm. 2 and 1/2 hours later.now a nap.bye bye.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  4:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW I thought your teeth pulling was done. sorry you are going through all this

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm finished now. Healing time begins, then new teeth. Yea.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  5:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my Marilyn, that sounded horrible.Not a thing I want to do. I am glad you will be getting new teeth now. Yay!
I am glad your healing now.
Take care

love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2017 :  10:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for you all for being there for me. Marilyn oh my goodness, that sounded horrible. It gives me chills. Well today we had a detective come by and there have been reported theft of our neighbor across the field. We had told him of some people we never saw before a couple of weeks ago. But we got his card encase we see any different vehicles. There are only 5 houses on our road. We all know each other. Kind of scary. EEEK.

Been trying to clean up around here. Terry was in hospital for a week and then came home. Had to take him back later. But he is feeling alittle better. So everything got put on hold. How many of my sweet sisters have a lot of trash. There is only two of us, I don't understand how we can have so much trash. My sweet mom before she passed away would always say " If you have a lot of trash you are either awful dirty or awful clean".
Well getting of here and getting back to cleaning.

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2017 :  11:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, I understand the lot of trash thing...it seems everything we buy these days is so sealed up it makes more trash.
We also had a problem for a while with bad people. My husband commented it was bad when the Police come out in the country to take care of the Sheriff's business. When our sheriff died (They said he committed suicide/we believe he may have been taken out) it became well known how corrupt things had gotten around here. We learned that two neighboring countries even knew. So the new man fired most of the old crew. The night a stolen vehicle came on to our property, the two deputies were so "wet behind the ears" they never even made a report. So the police took over. So at this point we have very little confidence in our county law.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 26 2017 11:46:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2017 :  7:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with the trash thing - like Marilyn says, almost everything we buy is wrapped, bagged, boxed, canned, or in a jar. ALl the packaging gets thrown away. Even boxes of cereal have another bag inside. Lots of trash. And buying fresh vegetables at the grocery store - every veggie is put into a plastic bag, that we soon throw away. At a farmers market, some of us take our own reusable bags, so vegetables can be put into the bag to go into the refrigerator later. This helps cut down on the trash.

Recycling is one way to try and curb trash. There are so many ideas on Pinterest on how to recycle some everyday things into useful second lives. This helps reduce the trash a little.

Marlee -- so sorry to hear about the neighborhood thefts. It is so nice when all the neighbors know each other and can watch for strange traffic or persons in the area.
Marilyn - I think I remember the story of the sheriff's death. So sorry you have no confidence in the law enforcement.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  1:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to visit my friend in north Georgia this week to celebrate her 60th birthday. On Wednesday, we went to Mercier Orchards , located in Blue Ridge Georgia, and I was able to purchase some of their early apples: Ginger golds and Zestars. They are both a tart apple like a Granny Smith but good for eating, canning and cooking. This weekend I hoe to make some apple butter and homemade applesauce and perhaps a cobbler or pie. Lots of delicious apples!! Yay!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  5:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like you had a good time there Winnie.

Have a good week end.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  8:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds great Winnie. It is interesting how apples from different parts of the country have such different names and tastes.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  06:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie - what fun!!!! I have to admit I miss going to the orchards out here! I keep hoping I'll find something, but so far, no luck. I'll keep searching, though and plan to start our own hopefully next year.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  5:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Winnie, You were only about 6 miles from me :(! So wish I had known you were going to be in Blue Ridge! Sorry it was hot while you were here, it cooled off today so nice! We actually have all the windows open with cool breezes coming in.
Again, sorry I missed you when you were in my neighborhood :(!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  6:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm bummed. Surgery was scheduled for tomorrow but has been cancelled - again. I understand why, but just want to get it DONE! I have a sore on my leg that is almost completely healed, about 8" below my knee, and my surgeon is super careful and will not do surgery if there are any open sores. He wants to take no chances for infection. Ed is one of his nurses, and has been closely watching this spot. This afternoon he took pictures and texted them to the doctor and said he would say questionable for tomorrow and the doctor agreed. I'm glad he is careful, but just want to get this done.

On another note, Maggie, one of Ed's cows, gave birth Friday to a beautiful heifer calf. She was born on the hottest day of the year here in Texas, with highs of 103 degrees. Ed gave her a B-12 shot to try and give her a lift. Unfortunately, she passed away this morning. We were so looking forward to watching her grow up. One of the greatest hardships of farming is losing animals, and babies seem to affect us the most. This is the first calf Ed has lost.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page