Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  9:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I think Ed must be a keeper. He seems to be patient and kind. Of course I have always said nurses are angels.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  7:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So true - nurses are angels. And he is a keeper.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6073 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6073 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  9:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so good Linda!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  9:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends, I have not said much this month...because I have not felt very good. Today I did a bit of housework but mostly I tried to be fairly still because my head hurt. Probably a sinus headache. It was hot today so summer has arrived in Texas. Tomorrow I will call for the next dental appointment. Hadlee is so curious. She just needed to see my No Teeth on the upper jaw tonight. She is worried that I may become a hermit. I assured her that I would go to town when I have some teeth once more. She is funny. Baylee and Triston visited his family in Louisiana over the weekend. Robert is planting a fall garden, green beans, black eyed peas and okra so far. He has never had a fall garden but his broken hip kept him from planting those things in the spring. Th doctor told him he is doing great. I am proud of him because he still does his exercises at home, and as far as I know he has only fallen once...outside. That is all of my news. Sleep good. God bless each of you special ladies and your families.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6073 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6073 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  9:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you Marilyn, I am glad you are doing ok.
Take care everyone.

Love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  04:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday about my left knee. He said it is a torn meniscus, and I go to have an MRI tomorrow to confirm. Then I then take the results back to him on Friday morning. He took x-rays and said I do have a little arthritis in that knee, too. I will probably need surgery; I sure am not looking forward to that.

Glad you are up and about, Marilyn. You have gone through a lot this summer with all your oral surgeries.

I have to go to the PO today to mail my sister's birthday present or she will not get it by Saturday. So glad there is Priority Mail.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  09:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you continue to feel better, Marilyn. It has been a rough summer of intensive dental work.

Linda, I was thinking your injury sounded like it would ned some surgery. The good news is that a torn meniscus is very fixable and you will get better soon and your pain and mobility issues will resolve. IT is one of those surgeries that can be done as an out patient and you will be up and at it in a few days with physical therapy. Let us know how things move forward.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  10:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon!

Great to see all of you on the forum. I did pick up my new car yesterday (Monday). Gosh, car technology has sure changed in seven (7) years! Phone links up to the car, Siri is there to help me .... I am enjoying my trial to SiriusXM radio. They have a channel for everyone of your moods! lol

We have had some gorgeous weather interspersed with rain. The sun was out on Sunday ... I sat outside all day, enjoying the warm day. I did de-weed a bit. What a beautiful day it was.

Marilyn, hope you feel better soon.

Linda, knee surgery is no fun but as Winnie mentioned .... seems like it won't be as bad as other types of knee surgeries. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  10:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Winnie and Carole. I am hoping that this is an easy surgery and won't keep me down long. In fact, maybe the PT will help me lose weight. LOL! I can always hope.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  4:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I haven't been around in a while girls. Have just had a lot going on with my dad. He has been complaining of pain in his shoulder and so we took him to his primary care. They took xrays and sent him to an ortho guy. Today we did that appointment. Apparently he has a chronic tear in his rotator cuff. They say it was a very old injury or something.
Normally they would do a shoulder replacement but due to his age, 91, and his heart issues he is not a candidate. It also has to do with it being a major surgery and the possibility of complications from anesthesia. If he were younger maybe but they don't see the benefits outweighing the risks for him so He will have cortisone shots and physical therapy to try and get him able to get himself up. Right now my brother in law is doing bathroom duty with him. We are looking into some kind of harness for him so he is easier to lift by one person. It stills has to be one of the guys because I am not able to lift on him. With his knees full of arthritis and such it is a task to say the least. If this does not help we may be looking at alternatives for his care. So life has been keeping me away for awhile. I will try to visit and catch up when I can. Just a different season of life for me right now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  06:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, there are these medical lift swings that you might be able to rent under Medicare. They use them in hospitals and nursing homes with heavy patients when you need to lift them from bed to wheelchairs and toilets. It also might be helpful if you get your Dad's physician to order HomeCare so that a nurse can come out and help assess how to best help your Dad. They can order PT in the home for his shoulder as well. Plus, they can send someone to help with the bathing and also help with the whole medical equipment issue. Homecare is not a long term solution but they might be able to help you get set up better in the home to manage his care. Since Homecare is under physician care, it would be covered under Medicare and supplemental insurance.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  09:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, you are so active I think you will do good.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Homecare definitely would be worth looking into, Denise.

Thanks, Marilyn. Had my MRI this morning - interesting laying there with all the machines noises. LOL! Back to the doctor on Friday morning to see how bad the tear is.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  1:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies - Sorry I'm not around much! I don't even know what I've shared since the last time I was on here! Anyways, we had our ultrasound... everything looks great - we are expecting another girl :) Going to name her Jennifer Rebecca, and call her Jenni. My 6 year old son actually was the one who picked the name Jenni and Rebecca was my grandmother's middle name. It looks like I may have to have c-sections for now on. Pretty bummed about that and still looking at options and doing research to see what the safest route is for the baby! My company is still here. One more week. It has been quite a daunting experience, as my aunt doesn't feel she is able to do much do to her fiber, weight and age, and her husband has health issues and using a walker around the house and a wheelchair when we leave the house. I would appreciate your prayers over the next week while they are still here! The kids are doing fairly well, but are struggling with constantly getting told to move their things so he can walk through with the walker through various areas that they are use to be spread out in. It's been an adjustment!!!

Winnie - maybe you can give me some advice... She was diagnosed as diabetic about a year ago and put on oral medications twice a day... yet her fasting blood sugar sits around the 180s!!!!! Three hours after she eats it is usually around the mid 200s! Anyways, I've always worked with Type 1 Diabetics in the pediatric realm, so it was crucial for them to understand how food affects their sugars, how to adjust their insulin for exercise and what their numbers on, etc. The kids generally paid attention, and there parents most certainly did! But how do you get an adult to understand the necessity???? I can't restrict her foods (well I guess I kinda can... but I'd have to raid their stuff to take all the junk and chocolate away). She sees the doctor late August... I don't want to come on too hard, but at the same time I want her to understand there are serious consequences for too high numbers all the time! I hate to bring it up on here, but my email does not work :( I am assuming it is an issue with hotmail, but for the last couple weeks it just has not opened! Thinking I may need to set up a different account with a different user. Anyways - if you could please respond on here, and anyone else too if you have any suggestions!

Linda - oh no wonder you are in pain!!!! I pray it can heal quickly!!! I agree with Winnie - most of the surgeries have quick recoveries!!! Are you wearing a brace or anything to give it extra support?Didnt you have a quilting guild recently? How did it go???

Carole - I am so sorry to hear about your car troubles! What a hassle! Who is Siri????

Marilyn - How are you feeling???? Praying you too are healing well?

Denise - I had been wondering where you had been! I'm so sorry for the stress you have been under! I agree with home health care being a possible help. However, sometimes the extra body in the home can be stressful as well. Definitely praying for you <3

Darlene - thank you for your constant compassion <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  1:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you are having a girl - Jenni is a nice name. I'm glad you seem to be doing better. I hope your aunt feels better soon.

Yes, I am wearing an OTC brace. It does help. If I keep from twisting my knee inward, I can do well. The meniscus is torn on the outside of my left knee. Several people I know have had the surgery, and unless the MRI shows something more invading, I hope to be up and better than normal soon after the surgery.

LOL! Siri is voice of my iPhone verbal search, and is in some cars, too. I find that the Google search "person" can do better to find things I want than Siri.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  3:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda did they play a movie for you? Hadlee has had soooo many. They put in a movie and there is a mirror so kids can see their parents sitting across the way.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  3:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hadlee used to comment on my Texas speech until she got Siri on her iphone. She has so much trouble getting Siri to understand her speech. I told her Sri must be a foreigner.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  4:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, it sounds like your Aunt is elderly and not in good basic health. All of that influences how effective her medications will work too. Also, it is not uncommon for older people to resist changing their eating patterns despite the fact that they need to. You can encourage her to make the changes in diet as suggested but as an adult, you cannot make her. My guess is that when she returns to her doctor, he/she will address how she is doing with keeping her blood sugar numbers in healthier ranges. I think you have done all that you can do as it is really up to her to take diabetes seriously and make lifestyle changes to live healthier. Non-compliance is a big problem with adult diabetics. This is one battle you cannot fight.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  6:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! No, he asked what music I liked and I said jazz so I had earphones with jazz music.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6073 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6073 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  7:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Siri is a foreigner too!
\

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  3:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the doctor got the results from the MRI and he texted Ed (Ed is one of his nurses and I said they could talk to him) and said it is a medial meniscus tear and he is going to recommend a scope (surgery). His next comment was "so prepare her). LOL! Guess I will be having surgery. Prayers needed that everything will be better after the surgery. A knee scope has to be easier than my hip replacement 7 years ago.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  3:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know when?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  3:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not yet. My appointment to go over MRI results is tomorrow morning.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 20 2017 4:08:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  4:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, ok.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6073 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6073 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2017 :  6:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That should be an easier surgery than a knee replacement Linda, I will keep you in my prayers for comfort.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - July 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page