Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Anyone interested in old Christmas magazines?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Anyone interested in old Christmas magazines? Next Topic  

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  06:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While sorting items in my sewing/craft room, I found quite a few Christmas issues of Woman's Day, Family Circle, Good House Keeping, etc. I need to ship out of here. Just have too much and I will never be able to use it all.

All are Christmas issues back through the years. Also, there other Christmas craft books. Thought I'd start with my Hen House Sisters first to see if anyone wants them. If there is interest, I will post pictures. Since I have so much stuff postage would be appreciated. Can't think of anything I need.

Happy Easter everyone.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Apr 14 2017 06:20:03 AM

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, I also have a supply of these...but I thought I would throw this out...We have used two sets of magazines in our kindergarten class this year. Each week the kids find pictures of things that begin with that weeks letter. Elementary teachers and art teachers often love to receive magazines. Ladies magazine's, fishing, hunting, horse, cattle, etc. all are appreciated. So if you do not mail them away, perhaps you could donate them to a school.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 14 2017 06:37:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  06:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The older ones I give to elementary schools because the kids can use them to find pictures for projects. I take some of my newer magazines to hospitals or surgery centers for their waiting rooms. I know when I've been in waiting rooms there are either no magazines, few magazines, or not interesting ones.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  07:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is true. I have taken them to our clinic, hospital and the doctor who did my knees...because most of his magazines were sports magazines. Car dealerships, oil change facilities, tire stores also usually have need of something to occupy their customers who must wait. When I know I must wait, sometimes I take along a magazine or two and leave them there. If your name is on the magazine be sure to mark it out with black sharper markers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  07:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and the "male" oriented places usually have all sports or car related magazines for the guys. I cut off my name/address or mark it out completely.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  12:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input everyone! I will see what I can do with them. They have lots of Christmas projects in them. I'm sure someone can use them. We used to have a used book store through our library and they would take all magazines. They sold them 3 for 25 cents. Still cheap enough for school projects. Students and teachers could pick the ones they wanted. National Geography was especially in demand. It helped the library too.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  2:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Another place, especially for craft type magazines, is Alzheimer places and senior centers.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2017 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda. I never would have thought of them.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2017 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, they often have classes for the residents there, and at the senior centers, too. There are always knitters, quilters, and other crafters at the senior center.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Anyone interested in old Christmas magazines? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page