Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Jubilee 2017 for our SPG Henhouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jubilee 2017 for our SPG Henhouse Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  4:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been talking over at the main Chatroom about ideas for the upcoming Jubilee 2017 here at MJF. For those of you who haven't been following over there, our 2017 Jubilee will be the weekend of May 6-7. Carole and I have been chatting about posting here on our HenHouse ideas and plans for the Jubilee so that those who don't follow the main Forum can have fun here.

One idea that is taking roots is making garlands of mini aprons. Our Linda is hosting a swap for those too. An idea I mentioned for Jubilee weekend was to do the Tie one On gifting where you make something like bread, cookies etc., wrap it in an apron and gift it to someone as a surprise. There is actually a National Tie One On Day which is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving every year, where you do this same thing. I think a few people did this at our first Jubilee two years ago. I have been out of town the past two Jubilees so I am looking forward to being home this year and properly celebrating.

So, what are some of your ideas for Jubilee? Would you like to do something as a group? A special swap? A recipe exchange of easy dishes that could be made on our Jubilee weekend?

Please post your some ideas, thoughts here that you have! May will be here before we know it and what a fun way to ring in this beautiful month!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  5:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie have you heard what the theme will be? I know chickens has been proposed on the main Chatroom since this is the Chinese Year of the Rooster.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't be around to participate as that is our anniversary weekend. Sounds like it will be fun though.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  9:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like fun. Keep us posted, please.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  06:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I have not heard of any specific theme for Jubilee weekend this year. Maybe that will be forthcoming or perhaps we can just leave it open. If making mini aprons is gathering interest, perhaps the theme can just be Aprons? I think last year MaryJane launched her chicken fabric and we also had egg gathering aprons. In her comments she mentioned being very busy this year with completing two books and would not be around much. We could decide our own theme here for the HenHouse too. I think roosters is a cute idea. Anyone else have a Jubilee idea for our HenHouse?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  06:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I have been giving this some thought. I would be interested in an recipe exchange related to the Jubilee theme. Not a swap but an exchange which to me means only the recipes are sent and not tucks. With so many ideas for the Jubilee I want some of them to be simple and less expensive so I can join in without being overwhelmed.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  06:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie we were posting at the same time. I like the idea of roosters and it would tie in with chicken recipes. Who doesn't have a favorite chicken recipe.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  07:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mini aprons and roosters. I love my roos. They are like dogs...in that they make a lot of noise when strangers or danger appear. They are wonderful cultivates, greeters, and they are mighty handsome. We have three colored egg Roos, two are multi colored, one is red. We have Rhode Island red roos, several Nankin Bantam roos (these were Thomas Jefferson's favorite) and one very dignified fellow in his grey striped suit. They are fun to have around. When they choose to disagree...what a sight to see with their neck feathers flared out, jumping and hopping about. Noisy, yes, but I rarely hear them, they are part of the background noise on a farm.

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 06 2017 07:10:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  07:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Love the Aprons and Roosters idea. And sending out a recipe is an easy and inexpensive idea!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  3:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this idea of roosters and aprons as well. Sara, I was thinking recipe only and no tucks so that we could keep it simple and only the cost of a first class stamp. Yes, I think chicken recipes are always a winner too!

Lets wait and see if more add their ideas or confirmations before we select for sure.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  4:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds fun! Love roosters and Aprons too!!

Connie
Imagine....33392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  6:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote this earlier, but it did not send. Could we decorate our recipe with roosters, hens and an apron. We could cut and paste or draw and color with colors or colored pencils.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  6:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn that sounds like fun. I cut and paste pretty good.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  7:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Sara, we will see what others think.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  06:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This all sounds very good to me

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  07:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I love your idea of decorating the recipe card with roosters/chickens and aprons. I don't draw, but usually can find clip art. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 07 2017 07:43:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  6:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love my chickens and my Rooster Chester keeps me well entertained most days. I have Buff Orpingtons, a few red sex links and 3 americaunas. Chicken recipes are well appreciated here since I raise 30 meat birds every year.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  7:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds like fun and a recipe is something I could do. We are getting chicks this year. We lost a few of our girls to a fox and so I only have about 7 left. I want to get the group of girl back up there again. Hoping to get some Rhode Island reds this year as well. This sounds fun. What are we doing with mini aprons? Making them for ourselves?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  06:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It appears that everyone is excited about using the Rooster and mini aprons as our SPG HenHouse Jubilee theme this year, so let's make it happen. There can be lots of fun ways to use a rooster in sewing projects, cards, and recipe sharing.

As for the mini aprons, this can be a project that Farmgirls can decide how to do or skip. Denise, can you post your mini apron bunting you have in your sewing room to share here? Linda, can you share some of your mini aprons as well to give others an idea of what they look like? Or, interested folks can just go over to the Chatroom and read up what has been posted for more great ideas. Grace(katmom) has a few posting with her big collection of mini aprons.

In March , I will post a swap for the recipe exchange. Those who wish to participate can join in and we can share our favorite chicken recipes.

Let's share here any ideas you have for using the Rooster and or mini aprons theme for project suggestions.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  06:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I'll be looking for the chicken recipe swap in March. Will it be on letter size paper or recipe size cards? I want to know so I can work on it as I decide on recipe and how I want to decorate it with roosters.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  10:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely in love with the theme roosters and mini aprons. Count me in!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  04:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you go Winnie. These are ones I have in my crafting area. I have some Spring ones as well but they are not up yet and I don't have a photo but will get one to post later today.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  04:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we swapping mini aprons as well as the recipes or are those to make for ourselves for the Jubilee?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  04:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those aprons are cute.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  4:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The recipe swap is just one recipe. There are no extras or tucks in the recipe exchange in order to make it easy for more people to join in and not feel the pressure of getting or making extra items.

The mini aprons is for anyone who wishes to make some. I wanted you to show your banner so others could see how cute they are as a garland or banner for a room. Thank-you for posting yours!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  7:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In the Stitching and Crafting Room thread Grace (KatMom) has posted a LOT of her mini aprons. Please go look at them there. I am almost done making my 15 aprons. Our first mini apron swap just ended signups. I will post aprons there when they are sent out. I will be starting another swap in a few weeks if you'd like to join. It would be fun to have more sign up - we had 14 this time. When I start the signups the theme will be polka dots and flowers, so you can plan ahead if you want to join.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jubilee 2017 for our SPG Henhouse Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page