hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  7:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of the most beautiful classical music ever written was composed by a young Austrian, born in 1756, named Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Wolfgang started learning to play the clavier, which is similar to a piano, at the young age of three. At age four he was playing the violin. He wrote his first concerto at the age of six. It was at that point that his father, who was a musician himself, started traveling the world with him and his older sister, Nannerl, who was also fluent in music. It was his father's desire to get him and his sister well known at a young age so that they could provide for themselves financially better than he. During this time frame, musicians were treated as servants and were paid very little. Money was always an issue for the Mozart family. Often times the Mozart children were paid with gifts, opposed to money. While the gifts were probably appreciated by the children, it did not help their father put food on the table! As Wolfgang got older, his father continued to control much of what Wolfgang did, much like a manager. Part of the reason may have been that Wolfgang was not a good steward of his money. He was married to a singer named Constanze Weber, in 1782. The couple had six children, though heartbreakingly only two survived past infancy. While he wrote more than 800 pieces of music, his most famous are his operas. He died at the young age of 35!

Some of the most beautiful music written today is by the exceptional pianist Jon Schmidt, of The Piano Guys. This son of German immigrants started his composing career at eleven. By the time he was sixteen he was teaching others how to play the piano. In his early twenties, Jon started a successful career as a solo pianist. Unlike Mozart, Schmidt was extremely concerned about music and his ability to provide for his family financially. To help provide for himself, he started a degree in English with plans of getting his MBA. However, once he presented himself to an audience in a concert hall, and was loved, he quit working towards his MBA and fully embraced his love and talent in music. He held his solo career for twenty years prior to becoming a major part of The Piano Guys. Married to his wife Michelle, they have five children.

Both Mozart and Jon's ability to compose beautiful and mysteriously powerful masterpieces using the piano are due to God given abilities. Both men have/had the mindset to do better and improve their works, to the best of their abilities. Both men stay(ed) true to their faith in God, through fame and hard times. Mozart's life was much shorter than that of Schmidt, but I think the greatest difference is in the stewardship of finances. While Mozart liked to spend money by giving parties, buying expensive wigs and clothing, playing games, Schmidt was concerned enough about the financial stability of his family that he was willing to put aside his love of music and obvious talent to obtain a "steadier occupation."

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  7:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good job, Shannon :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  8:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww thanks Joyce :) Coming from you, that means A LOT!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2017 :  03:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) You would get full marks on your history exam for this essay question :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  4:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon...you have been busy! I learned a lot from your report! As soon as I get all of my yearly reports finished for the farm, I am going to get my badge applications sent in.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  07:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ladies. I'm such a nerd ;)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349