Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Dec 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Dec 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 5

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  08:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Doing a bit of catching up in between customers and inventory! Always a treat!

Thank you for your kindness .... I am starting to feel better, but still not there .... I must admit it has been an extremely long time since I've been knocked down by a germ!

Winnie, what an adorable blue bike. I enjoyed reading about your experience purchasing the bike, what fun! I'm positive that the little boy will absolutely enjoy his new bike. BTW, cute cookies!

I will agree with you Marilyn, it is important to give locally. We have no clue of the struggles some face ... When Pumpkin was in elementary school, (3rd grade) the teacher offered the kids to either do a gift exchange or buy a gift for a needy child. My little Pumpkin chose to purchase a gift for a needy child (she filled out the form herself). It's been like that ever since. I'm so proud of her ... she is such a generous soul. Now that she is in college, we no longer have access to a giving tree. What is nice about her university is that they allow her to donate the left over money of her meal plan to a homeless shelter. While most kids go on a spending spree to zero their meal plan balance, she gives hers to charity.

Sherry, so sweet of you to be affiliated with an orphanage. We have such generous and heartfelt members in our henhouse!

Darlene, love blanket you made! Thank you for sharing. Hope your world isn't being rocked by more earthquakes! Glad you enjoyed your "peanut" play! Thank you for sharing your neighbour story. There are so many beautiful souls in this world. If you are still looking for a potato and leek soup, I have an easy one. Let me know and I'll post it when I get home.

Linda, did you get your kitchen all straighten out? I'm sure it's gorgeous by now! lol Love the scrub caps! I think it's great that individuals in the medical field can have funky scrubs! lol Did you get your heat pump straighten out?

My trip to Boca Raton was wonderful. The weather was hot and humid, not that it made a difference because we were in a room with temperatures of at least 65 degrees. It was not a vacation but a business trip .... I think the earliest I went to bed was 2:30 a.m. and some mornings it was more around 3:00 a.m. But I loved every minute.

Well, this is turning out to be a long post .... I'll stop for now ... I am all caught up on this one anyway. Hugs, from a distance!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 29 2016 11:06:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  08:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Since today is the 5th Day of Christmas (twelvetide), here is a picture of my Twelve Days of Christmas quilt. I made this in 2006 in a swap. We were divided into groups of 3 and each person made 4 blocks for the others in the group. Mine were 2 Cowboys roping, 3 cats in bags, 8 cactus, and 10 bright bulbs.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  10:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a good idea, special memories for you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  10:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Carole -

Turned out I don't have a heat pump. And that is good, I think. There was a relay burned out and I had it replaced and it is working well now. Thank goodness. The repairman said that these relays go out about every 5 years, and - guess what? - it was 5 years ago that it had been replaced before.

Yes, the kitchen is back to normal. I like the new refrigerator. Of course, now I see things that I would have rather had or not too thrilled with about this new refrigerator. But it is nice, and I DO like it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  09:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I just finished the last of my farm girl Christmas candy, so I can officially start my diet (AGAIN!) on January 1st. LOL! Trying to do the low carbs thing. I love veggies, so that shouldn't be too hard. at least that's what it says in small print.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  12:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that is such a Treasure!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  05:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We actually had temps last in the 30s!! WooHoo for Florida!! It was even warm enough to have a fire in the fireplace. Today starts the warm up again and this next week will all be temps in the upper 70s and maybe even 80 again. Such a swing back and forth and I am thinking if this keeps up in January, we will be seeing Spring by the end of it. My friend's azalea, close to the house, is already blooming. As we close out this month and start a new year, it always feels like to me the beginning of a new school year when I was a child. Usually, I had one new item to wear on the first day like a dress my mom made, a coveted hand me down sweater I finally fit into from an older sister, and usually new shoes for my feet that grew over the summer months. For me there were so many unknowns, a level of anticipation and excitement, and that freedom of soul that new possibilities await. Let 2017 ring in with lots of fanfare!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  07:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Temps like that are what makes a lot of people ill this time of the year.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9580 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9580 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  2:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had snow flurries yesterday but they didn't last. I have seen where we are to get snow this week but only during the night so I am assuming it won't be sticking around long.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  5:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it does Linda...but here we go. Cold yesterday and very nice today. Yo yo time is here. I surely do hope we only get rain during the wee hours Monday morning. The weather guessed mentioned two bad words...storms and hail! I hope his guess is wrong.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Dec 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page