Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 6

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2016 :  4:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been chilly most of the day and the heat kicked on through out the day.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2016 :  6:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It rained part of this afternoon but was clear for me to go to Church and run to the store. but my car has a check engine light that just came on. I have to call tomorrow, not fun.
Have a good night.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  06:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raining this morning but that won't stop my sister and I from making a whiskey run. We will make vanilla flavoring with the vodka when we get home. On the way to the liquor store we will stop by Dollar General. Kelly's fruit & veg stand and Salvation Army on the way back. We call it making the loop.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  07:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan, Sara. Today I hope to get the house straightened up so I can start putting out Christmas decorations. But first I have to get the tubs from my craft house to the main house and it is raining again, so may have to wait a while for that.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  11:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our day out was successful and fun. The vanilla flavoring is made and will be ready on 1/7/17. We stopped at Braums for hamburgers. We each bought a bag of the junior burgers - had one for lunch and the others for the freezer.

I no longer decorate for holidays but I do for the changing seasons. I have a small collection of stuffed moose. I added to it today with a 2" tall moose dressed in his winter sweater and hunters cap. Walter is happy standing in a chair at the head of my kitchen table. His cousins surround a vintage wooden sleigh which holds fresh veg & fruit on table. One small moose guards four mummified eggs. They are from my three chickens who went to live with my sister when I got Annie. Started out with six eggs but only four have made it.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  12:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our rain fell during the wee hours.. SARA,I make my own vanilla too. Do you get your beans from Benilla?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  12:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Marilyn. I think I heard of Benilla from you on another thread. Also my new cookbook "America's Text Kitchen DIY" listed them as a vanilla bean supplier.

One of the reasons I like this cookbook is they give names of suppliers for unusual items.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wish winter weather would arrive - SOON! I have spent the last 2 days vacuuming up ladybugs on my kitchen ceiling and craft room ceiling. I think they think it is Spring again. Anyone have ways to get rid of them?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 29 2016 2:00:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  3:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, maybe cold weather is coming. We usually have ladybugs in the sun room in the winter, they rest and find their way back outside in spring.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  3:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid they might leave "trails" on my fabric in the craft house. Do they do that like grasshoppers?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  3:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie - I am glad the forest fires are not affecting your area of Tennessee. According to google you are over 400 miles from them.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 30 2016 07:39:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  07:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sitting here waiting for my car to run for twenty minutes. It wouldn't start this morning so Hicks Garage sent a young man out to jumper it off. He told me since I don't drive but once a week I should start my car and let it run for ten minutes several times a week. He was polite and easy to talk with. It's good to know there are plenty of hard working good young people out there - you just have to run into them.

I also gave up on raking/bagging leaves and am having it done. The men are already at work. The owner of the lawn service was my neighbor for a while so I'm comfortable leaving him here while I grocery shop. Annie is keeping an eye on them from the back & front windows.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  07:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sara -
I have 2 huge sycamore trees and they are now almost bare of leaves. However, with the winds I have here most of the leaves are gone. There are some in the flower beds that are acting as mulch, since the man putting in my flagstone and stone garden borders has STILL not returned to finish them .

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  08:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Wow, tomorrow is December! The house is quiet again after 3 days of celebration. Most of our company left on Saturday. We had quite the bustling house! I didn't have much of a change to do anything with my little Pumpkin. With her car breaking down etc .... there just wasn't enough hours in the day. Besides, we were all tired from all that wonderful celebration with family.

Winnie, I like the photo of your old stove. Had you not told us, I would have thought you were roughing it a bit! lol I do love old wood cooking stoves. My paternal grandmother had one and gosh .... a thick slice of bread toasted on that stove, top it off with a huge amount of butter .... heaven!

Linda, I've always liked Kenmore appliances. Sadly our Sears in Plattsburgh closed. So sad. I guess signs of the time!

Sara, make sure to post a picture of your dolls with their hat. I love dolls. Sadly I haven't made any in such a long time. I think I'm in a creative rut!

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  08:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie I am so glad you haven't been affected by the fires, keep safe Ok
Linda I hope the man returns soon for your yard work,
Sara I bet your yard is beautiful too.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  4:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on Hadlee's broken arm. She has a nice blue cast from the knuckles on her fingers, up above her elbow about four inches. She broke both bones in a crazy twisty kind of way. She also chipped the bone on the outside of her wrist.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  6:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about Hadlee's arm. How did she break it, Marilyn. Sounds like a pretty bad break.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  6:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She fell with her bike. She and her mom were riding on the bike path by the river and park in town. Her front wheel went off the path and her efforts to correct and get back on, resulted in the fall. Thank goodness her head was not bumped.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  8:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet that hurt alot, poor thing.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  04:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It did hurt, but with it in the cast it is almost pain free. She has to wear this cast for two weeks, and she cannot have the growth hormone. Then they will recast it in a cast that stops below her elbow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page