Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 6

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  11:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers to those of you with friends and loved one in need.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  12:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, does Ed not have a good strong barbed wire fence to contain his bulls? It is a blustery day to be fencing.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  12:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just trying to catch up a little. I am sorry to read all the bad news and will be praying for all involved. Life is so fragile, thankfully we don't know what is in front of us on a daily basis. Be thankful for every healthy day we have, I know I am.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  6:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are cool, 61°and for the third day in a row it rained. Looks like we may have more tomorrow...and ???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  8:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you my friends, for being here for each other, sharing joys as well as difficult times. I never dreamed that I would be so blessed when I joined this group. You are talented, supportive, salt of the earth kinda gals. May God bless you and your families. I love and admire each and every one of you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  10:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the same to you Marilyn. May God bless you as well!

Love you too!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  04:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks my friend.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  05:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
He has an electric fence along the roads and creek around his property, and they don't go near once they know it is "live". The fence they go through/over is farm fencing and one high row of barbed wire that his neighbors put in between the properties before he moved there over 10 years ago. They have horses.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  1:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder why the other people put barbed wire with horses? Wade uses twisted sligck wire because horses are bad about ripping themselves open when they get near barbed wire. We used to have an electric fence around dairy cows...but it ran on a 12 volt battery...No electricity close. I had to put it up and keep it up and was not thrilled to have that added to my already overly full schedule.It was LONG ago.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  1:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A friend has horses on my acreage, and I have barbed wire around the perimeter. The horses aren't really near the perimeter much. They tend to stay in from the outer border. The fencing around my house/grassy area is wooden 3-rail. I've been looking into a post fence with farm fence or 3-rail steel fencing but they are expensive. I like a fence they have at Attwoods, and need to call the company about pricing on it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  2:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we came here it was all barbed wire, but after a horse was scarred up...he changed the wire out. Horses can calmly graze all day long, but when they get excited...watch out! They get to running so fast they scare me because I am afraid they will run into a fence.
This summer, when they were up north, the cows were in the neighbors pasture as they were supposed to be...problem was one discovered a big round hay bale just over a barbed wire fence in another neighbors place. Just like kids...if one has a treat, they all want one too. They pushed the fence down and all enjoyed the hay. It took three men all morning to make them go back and fix the mess they had made. Animals are a bit silly.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 07 2016 2:48:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  12:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I worked the polls in a small nearby community yesterday from 6:15 am set-up to 8:00 pm shut-down. Several times during the day there were long lines "snaking" through the poling place. Most people did NOT want to use the electronic voting machines and preferred paper ballots. We had 798 voters who came through - 400 in the first 5 hours. My back is killing me from sitting for 12 hours, but the almost constant people coming through helped to make the day fly by.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  05:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I'm proud of you. I worked the polls years ago, and I know it's exciting to be part of history but it's also tiring.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  05:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My oldest grand daughter, age 19, worked at a location in town. This is her third year to work elections, first Presidential election. I took her some sweet peach tea from Sonic, about 1:00 pm. She said they had been busy all morning. Her mom worked at a polling place ten miles north of town in a small community.
It was a long day.
I am hopeful, Linda, that a good night's rest makes your back feel better.
I am glad the ugly circus is over. Hopefully things will calm down now.
My son went to the court house to vote...but they had a glitch...the machines were not working, so he went to vote where his daughter was working.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 09 2016 05:21:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  06:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all, my thoughts and prayers go to all my hen house sisters. So many things going on right now. Everyone take care.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  1:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda how is your back this afternoon.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6091 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6091 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  7:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was wonderful of you Linda and all who have worked the polls.
I have worked them before but usually half time but they had a new person this year and he only wanted full time workers. They were very busy and I really am glad I didn't work this year. It is very interesting but really a very lonnng day.

Have a good evening everyone.

love you!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  10:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lines were long. People voted for a change in America. Now we must pray that God will continue to watch over us during this transition period and beyond.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  3:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda how exciting!! It makes me sad the mean things people are calling the new president and the ones who voted for him, the things written on face book are astounding!! I always pray for who ever is president.
Marilyn yes! we must pray every day for the president, senate, congress and the house.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree - we need to pray for all the incumbents.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  6:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They know that Ed's nurse friend has a cracked sternum and 2 broken ribs. There is something wrong with her left knee and she has bruises all down her left side. After an MRI on Sat or Sun they discovered that she had a stroke, and that caused her to fall off her horse. Unfortunately they didn't do the stroke test when they first brought her in; there is a drug they can give to stroke victims, but it has to be administered within 3 hours. Ed went to visit her in the hospital today. She and Ed worked together for over 10 years, and yet she did not know who he was. She has memory loss due to the stroke and is very confused. She still doesn't know why she is in the hospital, where she is, and she can't remember where she worked last week. It is so sad. She is going to Rehab tomorrow or Saturday. We are hoping she can get her memory back soon.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 10 2016 7:45:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  7:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so sad, and I am sorry for her condition. My cousin had a stroke when he was 42, he wears a brace on his leg and cannot use his arm for much. His mind was also affected but rehab and time have helped him a lot. He is 65 now. His greatest loss: being able to play the piano. He was classically trained, and played so beautifully. There is hope for her, Linda.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  7:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The young man I asked for prayers for is in the rehab, next to big Baylor in Dallas, awaiting surgery. A photo was posted and he looks so good. He must have some ribs damaged or broken, because of the very wide thing around his middle, and his left leg is held still in a contraption, but Thank God his mind is ok. No cuts or bruises on his face. I am amazed. I told him GOD must have big plans for him. God is good.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  7:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I have not been on Facebook, but people need to remember that God is in control, and his will is what will be done. When the outgoing president pulled another of his stunts and people shook their heads and said they did not understand how he got away with that too...My reply was...It must be in God's plan. I did not vote for him, but a nurse friend and her husband did vote for him TWICE, and thought he was just fine. People are easily brainwashed, and as long as their money is making more, things are great and they choose to overlook the evil. Then God is sad.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 10 2016 7:46:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2016 :  7:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
She will be in rehab at Big Baylor, too. Maybe they will be in the same place.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic By a warm crackling fire rocking away - Nov 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page