Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch rocker with quilt chatting - Oct 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch rocker with quilt chatting - Oct 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 6

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  11:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So exciting to hear that your baby has such a good home.
Winnie, I can,t imagine what 86 would feel like on Halloween.it has always been in the 50s here. In 2006 we had 31 inches of snow!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  1:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my, that was a lot of snow. We are also hot. Upper 80's for Halloween. 83 today. They say a norther will move through tonight and drop us about nine degrees. Yea!!!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 02 2016 1:54:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  6:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems we all have been having warmer than usual weather. It was 82° here in North Carolina today. The weatherman promises it will be 10° cooler tomorrow, we will see about that. I have been so busy moving, I can't begin to tell you. I had not moved in 15 years and I went from having 6 children living at home to none. I started months in advance decluttering and now that I have moved I am still decluttering. I have missed my social life and my farmgirl friends. I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel though. Being a crafter is much like being a collector. Unfortunately I think I collect more than I create! Winnie I love your cook stove and your pumpkin. I didn't know what to expect as far as trick or treaters but I didn't get any! I was kinda sad, I like seeing the little ones in costume. I was out of town until Sunday evening so maybe they did it over the weekend. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  04:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Winnie -
Your stove is great! Do you actually use it or is it for decoration? It reminds me of my grandmother's stove. Ed brought his sister's old gas cook stove to his house when we were back cleaning out her house in Michigan. He is thinking of converting it to propane and using it at his house.

Maryellen -
Moving and decluttering is not fun, though I've moved several times and really NEED to declutter. I'm glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  06:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My stove is currently not in use but I think the three burners on top would be fine if we hooked it up. Sadly, the little oven part is full of rusted out areas so it would not retain heat properly. If I could find someone to restore this stove, I would pay them to do so and actually use it in my kitchen. I think that would be so much fun as long as it is safe. We already have a gas stove top so I think this stove could be converted to regular gas with proper fittings just like out grill outside is hooked to the same gas line in our house. I have this fantasy of making Thanksgiving dinner on that little stove with a 10 pound turkey. I think it would work!

On a different note, back in September after Hurricane Hermine, I was cleaning up ,and when I went to put the ladder away, I tripped and caught myself from falling by landing hard on my left foot. At the time, it swelled and hurt so much I couldn't walk on it. I went the next day and had it looked at and x-rayed and they said nothing was broken and it was just soft tissue injury. A week later we left for England and the swelling had improved and I could walk pretty good in my athletic shoes. So, I walked all over England and my foot did hurt quite a bit but I sort of managed OK. Since I got home, my foot continued to hurt more and more so last weekend we did an MRI and found a small stress fracture in the third metatarsal bone. Now I am in one of those soft foot shoes to keep me from being able to walk directly on the sore part and let the fracture heal. I go back in 4 weeks to see if all is OK. The shoe makes a huge difference in comfort so I am encouraged. Long story short, if your foot really hurts to walk on it, go back to the doctor and find more answers. The Ortho doc said I most likely did have a soft tissue injury at the start, but all that walking caused me to change how I walked to compensate resulting in more pressure on my small foot bone that led to the fracture just from overuse. Sigh. I am grateful that it is a simple injury with a simple fix!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  06:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I am so sorry you hurt your foot. You are a trooper. When in England none of your messages back to the Farm let on you were dealing with foot pain.

It would be neat to be able to cook on/in your little stove. If you do get it up and running you'll have to have a whistling teakettle.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  06:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got caught up with Winnie's stove and forgot to welcome Carole back home. Welcome back Carole.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  06:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about your foot, Winnie. Foot pain is definitely not a minor thing. Have you decorated your boot?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  07:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome! Would you believe I forgot about daylight savings time. I have an extra hour and didn't even notice! lol

Winnie, so sorry to read about your foot. However, I'm glad they found the problem.

Quilt market in Houston was great! Had my fill of Mexican food and a few margarita (not all in one sitting lol). The weather was magnificent! It is so invigorating to walk the aisle of the show. So much inspiration, so much fabric. I come back all revved up ready to tackle the next six months. If you want to read up on Quit Market, you can check out my blog: http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Aside from Houston, not much is going on. I'm still attempting to catch up with everything. When you go away on business, there is so much to tend to when you come back.

Enjoy the day! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch rocker with quilt chatting - Oct 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page