Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 September Apple Swap! PARTNERS POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic September Apple Swap! PARTNERS POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 3

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2016 :  7:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie -

Your box went out today. You should get it on Friday. Hope you enjoy the goodies.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  05:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rebecca and I have made contact and since we both live in Gainesville, we are going to wait to exchange our swaps when I get home in October. I look forward to getting together then!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  06:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let the fun begin!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, great to be partners. Working on your goodies! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  12:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie -

This morning I found several items I had set aside for your box - well, they didn't make it. I'm old, you'll have to forgive me. LOL! So you will be getting a second box - I guess I thought I'd just extend out the apple celebration for you. It will be on its way tomorrow.

Then, this afternoon, I received the box from you. You OUTDID yourself! You spoiled me royally! And everything survived the trip. I love the banner, old apple crate label, metal autumn sign, autumn chain strips, flower stickers, Werther's Apple Filled candies, Apple Syrup, Apple cornbread mix, Apple bites, Apple soy wax melts, and dish towels. And the card and recipes. I love, love, love everything. Thank you SO much!

Happy Apple Festival!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 08 2016 1:00:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2016 :  4:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Apple Butter Syrup? That is new to me but it sounds delicious!! Let us know how it tastes when you make it.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  06:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda! I am so happy the paper items didn't get smashed!! This the first year the Jones Orchard is doing Syrups, I saw the Apple Butter and I said Oh I gotta get this for my swap!! and It made my day that you like it all!! I really enjoyed putting it together!

Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  07:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds delicious. I'll have to make some apple pancakes to use it with. Or will that be too much apple?? LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  08:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh lovely goodies! I'm still working on mine!

Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  3:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda! I love opening Farmgirl boxes! I love everything and you sent me an note saying you left something out! I feel so blessed already! I seem to always do that every time! Thank you!! Holly said, It is so sweet that you include something for lily June! I will let her take them back out of the box on Sunday, she loves to get into boxes! I know you know me from past swaps that I am a box freak! LOL! Napkins will go into it, I use a lot on Tuesday and Thursday with Lily June, she will love to pull them from the apple box! I saw on another thread where ya'll were talking about the dish drain quilts and I so wanted one! red is the accent color in my kitchen, JustPurr-fect!!!Love the towels the Kitchen sign and I am really excited to try those apple recipes, I have not seen anything close to them! I love those old fund raiser cookbooks! me and Lily June will make our apple Sunday too, love the red fabric!! Thank you so much, I was tickled Pink to be your partner!! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  7:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad you like everything. I loved putting the box together for you. As I said in the note, I loved the designs of the dish towels and got me a set, too. I also made me a matching dish drainer quilt. I had been using one I made out of MJF fabric and decided to make one for Apple month. I hoped you didn't have a drainer quilt already and so glad the design fits with your kitchen. I love the old cookbooks, too. When I found those recipes, even though I hadn't tried them yet, I wanted to and thought you would, too. I also found another recipe that reminded me of individual fried apple pies, but now I can't find the book it was in. LOL! If I find it I will send it, too.

I like sending things to Lily June; the doll I found in a gift-y shop and thought it was cute - Kinda Amish looking with no face on the doll. The other things I just had and thought she might enjoy them. I think 2 of them are old McDonald's Happy Meal toys. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  05:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of fun and beautiful apple swaps here at the SPG HenHouse!! I love seeing what others were inspired to make and share with others. You just can't get enough apples this time of year!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  08:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely box Connie from Linda! How sweet to include something for Lily June!

Ruth, I am still working on your box. I'll be going to our local apple orchard on Sunday to check out their goodies!

Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  10:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was super bummed I was not able to be part of the swap this year, with not knowing when we are to move (looks like it has been pushed back to next month!), but am thoroughly enjoying the pictures of all the lovely treasures!!! Thank you guys for sharing your joy <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  10:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What neat ideas for this swap. So perfect for Fall.
I want to join in next year.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  5:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Winnie, I received my wonderful package on Thursday. Thank you so much for my Apple Festival Tea Party. It was fun to open.
Winnie packed all my goodies in a apple bag with a scone mix and her special Apple Pie Spice Mix. And her special Sweet Apple Relish ,I can not wait to try the relish. A beautifully made apple dishcloth but I will use for a hot pad or trivet. A very pretty dish towel, an a cute little apple. And last a cute little apple magnet to put on my frig. to hold a vintage MJF apple postcard.
I hope you have a wonderful trip and fall. Thank you again.
Hugs

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  5:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie I mailed yours on Thursday I was hoping you would receive it today. Will it stay at the post office till you get back?

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2016 :  05:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, my wonderful Apple Swap package arrived late yesterday afternoon! WooHoo, what a power packed bundle of apple goodness. Sadly, the apple butter syrup bottle broke in the journey, but everything else was perfect. I love the darling dish quilt you made and I remember when MaryJane posted that idea in one of her magazines one year. The Fabric is so cute! And I love that apple crate you made. I think I am going to make it with a small battery light and some apples and keep it out all year long. Those Russell Stover Caramel Apple candy bars are yummy and the apple chips are already eaten!! LOL!!

Paula Deen's magazine has so many great ideas and I know when I get back, I am going to try several of her recipes out. I saw her in Atlanta do a show way back in 2007 and what a hoot she was. I have also seen her restaurant in Savannah, but was not able to stop and eat there. It is one popular place and I hear the food is delicious. Thank-you for the pretty dishtowel, cute stickers, and yummy looking coffee blend. Such a fun swap of goodies and I thank-you very much for being my swap partner. Have a wonderful September!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2016 :  7:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie and Sherry, Great Apple goodies!!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2016 :  7:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie I'm so sorry that the syrup did not make it. I will see what I can do about getting you another one sent.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  08:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful goodies both Winnie and Sherry!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoohoo! Thank you Julie. Oh my goodness... Don't make me cry...!Here is the goodies

1.A cute apple bag with handle.
2.Apple cookie cutter
3 Apple candle
4.Hot apple cider
5.Apple Wedger
6.A cute red bowl that look like an apple
7. Apple recipe cards
8 Apple cards to send people.
9 Werther's Carmel Apple Fill Candies
10. Apple hand soap
11 And the best smelling Popouri( not spelled right)

Julie thank you my sweet friend for all of the goodies. I love it all. You know me well my friend. This was a fun swap. I have made applesause a few years ago. It didn't last long.

Thank you, Thank you. Thank you hun. Happy Dance.
HUGS Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  2:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I got the things you left out! Oh my goodness! that Apron is amazing!!! Thanks for the tea and candle melts, they both smell great! I am so in love with those microwave bowl holders! You had already sent me an overflowing box!! Thank you!! Big hug!!!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  2:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, that sounds like a Santa list that Julie sent you!! Wonderful!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2016 :  3:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The apron is a simple one - I used a rectangular vintage tablecloth, cut squares in each corner, hemmed the unhemmed sides, added ribbon ties, and Viola! - 4 aprons from the one tablecloth. The microwave bowl potholder has apples in the design. LOL! I had to squish the tea to get it in the envelope. Glad you like everything.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 12 2016 3:41:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic September Apple Swap! PARTNERS POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page