Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting & chatting on the front porch - July 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting & chatting on the front porch - July 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  8:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today's excitement: my son had to purchase a new refrigerator for their kitchen. They are going to love it. French doors and stainless steel. Only thing it matches is the washing machine, which is in the utility room. Oh well, last week they had to buy a tv. Their home is 13 years old and things are wearing out.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  8:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, have you ever wondered why it is so hard to pay some bills? I tried to pay my phone bill on line this evening. They will not take my payment until they are for sure of who I am. Well as it turned out... their system was down. Serves them right we have been without phone and internet service three days and one night in the last six weeks. I told the girl they are losing customers because when it goes down people must go to get some cash because they cannot use debit or credit cards when making purchases.Businesses are frustrated and so is the public.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  8:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand what you mean about paying bills on line especially if they are phone bills and they are the ones who are down, Not fun.

Well have a good night.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  11:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone I am still around, it has been a busy summer already and it's not over yet. Yes Marilyn the heat here in East Texas is brutal, we have so many trees that we don't get all the breezy like other parts of the state. Very little rain and hot. Heat index 107 most days, so have been staying i a lot. Do all my errand running early in the mornings. I still keep Shelby 5 days a week from early morning till about 5, then I'm just exhausted. But I have been extra busy this last week one of my SIL was in the hospital with heat exhaustion for 3 days, that was when I kept Shelby 24 hours straight. Have had a few day off, she is home with her daddy till tomorrow. Clayton is doing much better.
Then it time for my hubby's family reunion this weekend so I have been getting everything ready for that trip. 5 hours to Abilene, Texas where we will spend 3 days at a Church camp and have a great time visiting with all of his family. We only get to see them about once a year, so it's always fun they are great people. Funny!
Maybe next week I will get back to normal if there is such a thing. But will try and get on here more. Always love to read what is going on with everyone and hoping all is well. Take care and have a great weekend.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  1:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shelley are you going to the church camp at Leuders? Both of my granddaughters spent time there in June, seperately. The older at a Chryslis, the younger at youth camp. They enjoyed it.
When you are caregiver to grand children you never have time alone. Mine stayed every day, Hadlee called me Mom, until she was four. I guess she thought everyone had two moms. They were living in the barn apartment while they built their new house. All toys stayed in our house. Most meals were eaten here. Their laundry was even done here. And on top of that they would announce that they wanted to "pend the night with gwenny" three or four nights a week.
I took afternoon naps with them every day. Otherwise I could never have survived.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 13 2016 1:51:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  5:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today was a rather nice day after that crazy, cow chasing, horse watering, sunburn kind of day I had yesterday. Hadlee and I made some cards, and a little nap mixed with housework and laundry rounded out the day. It is sad what happened in France again and now Turkey is having problems. Please pray.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  09:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

How are ya? What's new in your world? Here things are starting to quiet down a bit. I haven't had much time to spend in my sewing studio. To be honest, I'm still recuperating from all that driving. Last week I logged more than 1,200 miles on my card. Most of it was an up and down from MA. But, it was well worth it!

Next week starts the Clinton County Fair. This year I will be judging for the 4H group. I'm looking forward to coming in on Monday and seeing all the lovely projects. It's my first time doing this, I'm a little nervous.

Take care everyone!

Farmgirl Hug,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  11:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4-H projects are lots of fun to see. I think your job will be fun, and perhaps a bit difficult. I have seen some pretty neat things at our 4-H shows.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  5:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
You will have fun at the fair. I used to be involved with the 4-H, It was a lot of fun.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening Everyone, just got home a little while ago. The trip home was long, lots of traffic and hot again today. But we had a wonderful weekend with the family. I hope all of you did too. Just letting you all know I am still here. Somewhere.
It was beautiful at the camp this weekend the weather was great, a little cooler than at home and a beautiful view especially from the top of the mountain, yes I climb a very large hill this weekend just to see the view. Had lot of laughs and played lot of games and ate a lot, that I should not have but that is just part of a family reunion. You have to try the news recipes that everyone brought. Stayed up late to visit and up early cause we did not want to miss out on a minute of visiting. So pretty tired tonight and another week ahead. Have a great one girls. Always thinking of you all.

I'll post a picture of the view as soon as I get them off my camera.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  6:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a wonderful reunion Sherry. Rest up and have a great week.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  10:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stopping by to see what others are up to. Summer is that wonderful time to visit family, be outside, and just change up the routines! I am happy to hear that everyone has been doing lots of fun things.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  6:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is enjoying their summer. Not too much going on just busy keeping up with the outdoor things. Heading up north the end of the month for a quick visit back home then on to the new grandbaby the end of August. Can't wait to meet her!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  6:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is exciting to be welcoming a new family member soon.Congratulations.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  7:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is so neat to have new grand children, I miss mine, they have been busy.
Enjoy her Denise.
Sherry, sounds like you had a wonderful time and wonderful view. Did you taste a new food you are going to make at home now?
I went to a training this week end. 23 hours, I am tired but it was worth it if I can remember it all!
It was a training to be a on Community emergency response team. I found that where I live there are two of us that can do this. I think I need to talk to the Fire department about this one.
It was very interesting and I hope I never have to use it.

Today was nice and God is good.

Have a great evening.

Blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  8:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you never need it as well. Sometimes training can be a bit frightening or "sobering" a term I have heard. Thankfully, I never had to use my " what to do when the nuclear power plant gets sick" training.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  9:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I hope you never do have to use that.
Our nuclear power plant decommissioned and the tubes of stuff are supposed to be safely closed up in a tight cement thing. We all hope.
It is only about 3 miles or so away from here.
All is well,

Life is interesting.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  10:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are about thirty miles from ours. The training took place when I was teaching only about four miles from it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  12:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Well it was a good thing to know anyway and yes it was very sobering to hear some of the stories. One ladies story was of the Twin Towers, that was so sad to hear someone who had actually been in it.

Anyway have a good day!
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  05:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene it's wonderful that you are willing and able to do the emergency response.
Was out pulling weeds and transplanting early this morning. I was late getting some of my seedlings started but they all look good and healthy. I am definitely going to be putting up lots of pickles this year!
JT used to work at the nuclear power plant here. In chemistry. We have been through all of the information because we don't live far away and of course since he was employed there also.
Lots of odds and ends to keep me occupied today. Seems there are always many little jobs to keep me busy.
Hope everyone has a great day. Summer will be over before we know it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  06:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everybody

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  06:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Sherry. Are you ready for this summer Texas day? When I took the trash out at 7:00am it was so humid it felt a lot warmer than it actually was.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  1:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to stay cool over here on my side of Texas. I think we are hitting a 100 degree mark today and for the next few days. Would really like to go out to the balloon races but it is just so hot.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  1:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Where are the balloon races, Sherry. Ed and I want to go to the ballooning in Albuquerque in October.

My thermometer on the porch reads 96 right now.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2016 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet those balloon races will be beautiful.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting & chatting on the front porch - July 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page