Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Edging toward the front porch - May 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging toward the front porch - May 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 7

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  2:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
On my trip I did manage to go to one antique shop and the Fabric Depot. My package from Fabric Depot (I had them mail it) arrived today and I love my fabrics! Here's a picture! I wish you could blow it up to see up close all the fabrics. I got 4 panels, 2 retro fabrics, 3 fruits and 3 veggies, and enough already-side-hemmed-retro/vintage-looking dish towel fabrics. Everything was at least 30% off, so I couldn't pass it up. LOL! I think I am going to make the farm-truck panel into a window scene by cutting it up and putting in window sashing. I love the old truck - I've been looking for one to go with my old house. LOL!

At the antique shop I found what I think is a very unique pin cushion - it is a porcelain Spanish-looking lady with a small pair of scissors and a small spool of thread. The only pincushion is a half-ball at the top/back of her head. There are no markings on the bottom, but I am assuming it is from China - maybe not. I love pincushions, so was happy to find this.

What's a vacation without souvenirs?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on May 31 2016 9:31:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it, how fun! Thanks for sharing Linda!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  10:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how many of you are on my FB page, but I forgot to mention here that there were 2 babies born on my pasture in the past two months - a filly and a foal. They have the same sire and could be twins! The filly was born on April 19, and the foal was born on May 19.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  10:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps it is one of those "Occupied Japan" pieces. It reminds me of that style. Very cute.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  03:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful fabrics, Linda, can't wait to see what you make. The pin cushion is flat out adorable, love it! Nice and quiet around here, Bonnie is back to work today after all the graduation excitement. I didn't mention that mom had a fall a week ago, she fainted. But she didn't break anything, she's like wonder woman. It was scary, though, and I had to call 911 because she was not conscious. Amazingly, she was home by dinner time! They think it was a blood pressure drop when she stood up. So, we're keeping an even closer eye on her!

Anyone have any Memorial Day fun? Ours was rained out.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  05:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda , your fabric and darling pin cushion are terrific trip souvenirs! You are going to have fun doing projects this summer with all these pretty finds. Thanks for sharing!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2016 :  07:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, love the pin cushion. You found a treasure and what a nice piece to remember your trip. Love all the fabric too.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2016 :  07:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
YEOW! Getting prices on house painting (outside), fencing, garden work needed, etc. $$$$$ Everything is expensive!! And it is misting again with more rain possibly coming here. I'm getting tired of rain!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  07:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great quilt Carole, Do you display for the 4th of July also?

Lovely picture. Congratulations! Bonnie

Linda love the fabrics and the adorable pincushion. What a great piece for a sewer.

We've been busy here. We had 3 delightful girls from the Maranatha Baptist University stay with us. A group of young people from the college are touring around to churches performing some of the most pleasant music. They are a very talented group of students.

The girls were here only for one night, but it seemed like there was so much to do. There were 8 students in all and by doing a 12 week tour of concerts for the summer, they get their tuition for college paid.

If any of you ever get a chance to hear them, it's worth your time.

Also, the garden is finally all planted and so are the flowers. House is clean and now time for more Mary Jane projects. Yippe!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Jun 05 2016 07:17:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  9:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I see we have the same taste in fabric. I bought the carrot fabric too but also peas for the Lori Holt Vintage Farmgirl quilt. And the pincushion is adorable. Why don't we have a Scattered Prarie. Girls pin cushion swap?

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  06:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love the Lori Holt patterns, and have her book. But have not had time, with all my swaps and traveling and other projects, to make any of them yet. LOL!

I love pincushions. I'd definitely participate in a SPG pincushion swap, depending on the timeframe.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  08:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love your fabric Linda!!!! Are you guys staying safe from the flooding hitting Texas? How about you Sherry??? Marilyn??? Praying for the safety of everyone in this crazy weather!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  08:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fortunately, flooding did not hit me and my farm, except that my pond is up. Which is good. Marilyn's area was harder hit than east Texas.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  08:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are ok. Our county road is not good, but maybe some day they will address the problems I have pointed out for over a year, and now are much worse.
Granbury Is a neat town about thirty miles from us. They have a constant level lake. The rains proved that concept wrong. Two of the more elite communities on the lake had water in some of their homes. An apartment unit, built near down town, up pretty high is trying to fall into the lake. Lake Proctor, which is 30 miles west of here...let's just say it may be months before you can picnic there. Back in the 1960s there were several flood control lakes built in this area, most being on farms. One lady said her dad was told at the time, theirs would probably not run over in 100 years...It ran over. So perhaps we experienced a Hundred Year Flood. The sun is bright today, the mud will dry up and hopefully the gardens will recover too. God is good.
I hope you can hear the happy busy birds, squirrels and chickens visiting with each other. They are enjoying our nice day.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hope your property was high and dry - at least dryer than Granbury.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  11:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are ok, on a gradual slope, so the water does drain pretty good. Our problem is our neighbors tank. Since he put it in we have had lots of issues, with the private and county roads, but not at our house.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  1:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A pin cushion swap, that we make or buy? It would be fun!

Marilyn, I am glad you aren't having trouble with the water at your house, What I have seen on Facebook has be aweful.

I went to Fortuna to do laundry this morning and it was hot there. Here it is getting over cast at the moment and foggy in the front of the house and sunnier in the back but cooler.

That is normal summer time here.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9592 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9592 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  5:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda,
We have heard them from Maranatha Baptist. In fact our Pastor's daughter just graduated and got scholarships for Maranatha Baptist University. She will be going this year. They have been coming to the church quite a few years now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  6:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful Marilyn, It's a small world isn't it. Congratulations to your Pastor's daughter. I'm sure she will like the Maranatha Baptist University. Great place. My Pastor and his wife both graduated from there. We have some others at church that went there also.

It's been a long time since I did a pincushion swap. Would like to do another.

My heart goes out to all involved in the flooding. Can't imagine going through that. I lived in Texas years ago, but never experienced heavy rain and flooding.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Edging toward the front porch - May 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page