Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Let's face it .... calling all farm sisters!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Let's face it .... calling all farm sisters! Next Topic
Page: of 4

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  06:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, lovely photo it you and your girls! Thank you for playing!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9589 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9589 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great photo Amy!
You have the gals and I got the guys here. LOL!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  12:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love your picture Amy! Are you a fan of Susan Branch who lives on Martha's Vineyard? A lot of Farm girls like her books and her art. Her blog has the most beautiful pictures year round of Martha's Vineyard and her Cats! I love reading it. I have always wanted to visit.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....33392
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  1:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy love your picture. You all look so Happy! Lovely Smiles!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Feb 29 2016 1:08:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6094 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6094 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  1:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a nice photo Amy! I have it in my binder now with your information that was sent from Sherry!

Thank you again and thank you Sherry for the nice work.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  04:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! It's one of my favorites. We try to get 4 generation pics as often as possible. I love seeing all your beautiful faces in this thread. What a gorgeous bunch of hens!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Edited by - Song Sparrow on Mar 02 2016 04:40:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  05:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, this was a great photo of you and your family! Thanks for sharing.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  09:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally made the decision to let my wisdom show! This is approximately 2 months of slowly coming out of hiding!

Gosh I look tired!

Anyway, what has surprised me the most, besides actually tolerating the difference in colour, is how soft my hair is. It is not dry or brittle! I just love the feeling!

Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4750 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4750 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  10:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great picture, Carole. I plan on letting mine grow out, if it ever turns. LOL! My mother's hair never greyed except at the temples.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  11:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My maternal grandmother had black hair, down to her bottom. She finally got some very silver strands when she was in her late seventies.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  11:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

My maternal grandmother had black hair, down to her bottom. She finally got some very silver strands when she was in her late seventies.

I loved to sit behind her on the quilt box and watch her comb her wet hair with her tortoise shell comb. She braided two long braids, and then she pinned them to the top of her head.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  11:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 1 year with no hair color! I love it! I earned every one of these gray hairs!! LOL! Your gray hair can shine and be soft, its a matter of using the right shampoo and conditioners! I am a retired hairstylist so here goes, If you take any kind of meds or even if you don't, everything builds up on your hair that goes in your body. Taking over the counter nsaids will build up! I take meds 24-7 so it's a must for me. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week or at least every 2 weeks. I use Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3. It's sold at the salon in my Wal-Mart. Sells for 10.00, large bottle, but last a long time and they have buy 1 get one free quite often.
The new Garnier line of Shampoo and conditioners are fabulous!!One for all hair types! I got a free sample in the mail. I am using the Coconut oil and Cocoa butter because my hair is thick and course and no strong SMELL, having MS, I cannot take strong smells. I used Nexus and Paul Mitchell for 10 years in the salon, other brands cam and went, but those are tried and true. Switch up shampoos and conditioners. You know your hair. Treat your hair to a deep conditioner at the salon every 3 months. Or purchased one at the drugstore and put your shower hat on and keep it on for an hour while your reading or washing dishes(that's when I do it) Many hair products that use to be sold only in salons are sold at Wal-Mart and drugstores, but are still many times as expensive as the salon price. My treat from the salon is redken Shampoo and Conditioner. Since my daughter is a stylist and still gets a discount, I get it for Birthday and Mother's day and Christmas! I cant afford it with the discount!!LOL!!

If you blow dry. give your hair a rest when you can. shampoo and conditioner and pull it back in a pontail or a bun, if you have short hair, run a small dab of gel thru it, work into place. let dry, when you brush it out the next day, lots of volume. especially in this heat we have down here!!!

hugs! Connie-Killarney
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9589 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9589 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am growing mine out for Kids with hair loss. They don't charge the families for the wigs like some others do. It is slow going but it was fairly short to begin with. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be long enough. My mom was a blonde and at 86 years old when she passed away she didn't have any white or gray in her hair. I hope to be so fortunate.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  05:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am lucky in that my hair is blond so as I grey, it just looks like highlights. I have noticed, however, that as I get older, the "highlights" are taking over!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6094 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6094 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  07:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Connie for the information. What do you think of the Aussie Shampoo and conditioner?

I still color my hair but mostly because I get to feeling really tired, (I know it is mental,) when it is not. That and working people act differently where I work and I need my job so I stay colored..Anyway I have more energy that way so I will stay that way for awhile more. If I had white all over hair I might change, I had two Aunts who did and their's was beautiful, but I don't so Colored hair I keep.

Denise I think that is an awesome cause to donate hair for. The Post master does that with her hair too. My hair won't grow long or I would do that too. Lucky you all who have a good thick head of hair.

Winnie, High lights are good. I bet they look pretty.

Have a good one
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  3:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene Aussie is Great too! We have people come in the Salon and donate their hair to "Locks of Love" all the time. We cut their hair for free for the donation! They still do that where my daughter works. I donated mine about 2 yrs ago.

Connie-Killarney
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  3:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I have silver grey hair and once it gets all grey, you'll love it. Mine is soft now too. I use pert plus shampoo and that's all. Works for me!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9589 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9589 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  4:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to do locks of love Connie but found out they charge the patients for the wigs. My hair is fine but there is lots of it. Hoping to stave off the white. Hoping to get mom's genes in that.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6094 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6094 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  8:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter who is lucky has a lot of hair and donates her hair sometimes to.
Thanks for letting me know about the Aussie shampoo, Connie
They shouldn't charge the patients for wigs.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  04:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, your post cracked me up! Yes, I'm noticing many more "highlights" myself!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  11:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any hope for hair that is thinning a great deal everyday and breaks off a lot? It is very brittle. The Doc said I was just probably losing my hair because there isn't any medical reason for it. Such as a disease of some sort. I have always had thin fine hair and very, very dry. I take one med a day for blood pressure and use fish oil and probiotics. I eat organic foods. Stay away from soda, sports drinks, etc. Drink water, water, and more water. My favorite beverage next to herbal teas. Love fruits, and vegetables and have between 5 to 10 everyday. Don't overdo on meat and stay away from processed foods of any kind. Once in a while there is an exception. Don't eat at fast food places except for Panera Bread and I'm careful what I eat there. We have also cut out sugar for the most part. Once in a while I need a chocolate or cookie fix. Mostly homemade cookies unless a sister happens to send me some. I do like cookies. Any suggestions anyone?

I started going grey at the age of 23 and colored it until I was about 40 haven't used any coloring since then. It has been 23 years now that it has been grey. Well now mostly white. I love the color.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Jun 21 2016 11:58:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6094 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6094 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  12:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of Shampoo are you using? Do you change sometimes?
just a thought.
Take care.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  5:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I would love, love to have your white hair! My Daddy had white hair and I just knew mine would do that too, as we both started out reddish/auburn, but nope! I have white at the temples and have for years. I am soon to be 75 years old and my hair is still pretty dark with some gray. My redheaded sister is 83 and has very little gray, my 80 year old blond sister colors her hair, so I don't know about hers :)!I keep my hair short as it is very thick and course, with a mind of its own! Happy to hear about you all giving your hair to charity, wish I could do that.
Thanks for the shampoo suggestions. At the moment I am using an all natural shampoo bar.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  07:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your encouraging words! Did have a hair cut on Monday, chopped off 2 inches! I'm still okay with the difference in hair colour.

Brenda, hair falling can be/is due to a lowering of estrogen (female hormone). It is common for woman to start losing hairs during and/or after menopause. I used to have thick hair, not so much now. Of course my menopause was due to surgery in my mid 40's.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  6:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I change my shampoo every so often. Thought it would help, but it hasn't. Since I don't have either of my ovaries, I'm not producing any estrogen. Had to have a complete hysterectomy after an ectopic pregnancy 20 years ago. I had been through 4 surgeries and told the Doctor it was Ok to take the other ovary, because I didn't want to go through another surgery. He said that was a wise choice because I probably would have found myself in the surgery again. Guess it's just the way it is. There are worse things to be concerned about in this life. There are always wigs.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Let's face it .... calling all farm sisters! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page