Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What Badges are you working on - 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What Badges are you working on - 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 3

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  07:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm TRYing to progress on Sewing, Quilting, Crochet, Collections, Button-up, and Apple. In various stages of completion.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  08:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just submitted my requirements for all three levels of the Make It Easy: Collect It! merit badge to Brian. For any of you who have a collection of ANYthing, this is a very easy merit badge if you have a collection of something. I used my collection of antique crocheted potholders as the collection for this merit badge.

Connie - you could use your collection of antique Valentines. That would make a super submission and definitely fit the requirements for all three levels.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 07 2016 09:31:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  08:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Linda!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  09:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Darlene. I'm working on the Button Up badge now - have my button boxes out to sort through. I think I need a couple wooden and metal buttons. I have a lot of older buttons, but not the older wooden or metal ones.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  12:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great, Linda! I'm working on badges for scrapbooking, gardening, greatest generation and now the new ufo badge. I'm ready to submit on a couple but just haven't had a block of time to do it . . . story of my life, sigh! :)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  1:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm - greatest generation? Have to look at that one. LOL

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  2:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
YEE HAW! I just received my merit badge certificates for the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert levels of the Make it Easy: Collect It! merit badge. My submission is posted on the next-to-last page of the merit badges thread.

That makes 4 I've completed this year so far. I'm working on quite a few at the same time.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  5:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Linda! Good for you!

I've been eying the apron one. I ordered MJF apron pattern only to find out, after I received the pattern, that I had ordered the child version! Perhaps wishful thinking on my part. So I will go back and hopefully order the right thing! I'd like to use that one for intermediate. I have a clothespin apron pattern that I intend to make as my first project.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  6:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Carole -

If you call Brian, I'm sure they will take it back. He's very good at helping out.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  8:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Linda. I know you are excited.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  8:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is fun to work on them, though I feel like I am still in Girl Scouts. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  03:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Linda! I still have to do the paperwork for ones I've already done the work on. Like everything else, it's on my list! Hee hee!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  06:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The paperwork is the hardest part. LOL! I've done a lot of the crochet and quilting and UFO projects, just need to write them up and photograph. I've noticed a lot of people don't write much. I try to answer each question the requirements mention.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  08:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I would agree that Brian is a sweetheart. I'll keep the pattern. I'm sure I'll find a good home for it.

I was hoping to get some badge work done, but I was beat! Not sure what I did last night! lol Oh yea, I hand embroidered! Started a new project ... squirrel ...

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  05:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Linda, you Amy are on a real roll here lately!! Congratulations on on staying focused and finishing up those badge requirements. I need to get hoppin' and do some myself. It seems lately that I have been reading and piddlying about with this and that. I think after our trip in May, I am going to work on some badges over the long hot summer.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  5:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've decided that I was going to work on my embroidery badge. What held me back was that I didn't want to stitch the pattern that was suggested. No offense to anyone, it's just that if I'm going to put that amount of hours on a hand embroidery project (it can take me up to 6 hours per towels depending on the pattern, some I have over 10 hours) I wanted it to be something I would like. I contacted Brian and he informed me that I can do another pattern.

Last week someone posted, I think it was our very own Linda, on the main forum about a place where you can buy hand embroidery transfers (www.colonialpatterns.com). I checked it out and decided to order these (and quite a few more patterns lol) for the intermediate level - "days of the weeks":

I haven't decided which one I'll stitched, I like them both! lol

Carole

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What Badges are you working on - 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page