Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What are you working on - 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on - 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 12

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are having fun and enjoying making the world wonderful for your special Lily June.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  4:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm on a roll! Focus baby, yes sir! Finished this little quilt - Frivol 5 - Atelier By French general.

That was a squirrel project! lol I started that in March and finished sewing the binding on this week.

So what have you been working on? Do share! Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  5:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like that.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  7:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love those colors Carole, it is beautiful!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  7:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, it's wonderful. You go girl!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  8:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, Ii believe you are in that phase of life that I call honeymoon. Not the get married and take a trip kind, rather the period of time when the child or children are grown up enough to live away from home...but they have not yet presented you with grandkids. I loved that period of my life. And it lasted for 14 years. Then finally my 33 year old son became a father. I love being grandmother. There is no better role in life. Since our homes are only about 500' apart, they frequently pop in...usually hungry for a snack. Tonight the 18 year old appeared with a lace tablecloth she had bought at a garage sale. We made her a lace Sun dress to wear over a slip dress. This was after she tried on my grandmother's 100 plus year old wedding dress. So enjoy the honeymoon years you have and make more beautiful quilts to inspire the rest of us.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, you are a quilter extraordinaire! You are making some heirloom treasures that are beautiful and interesting patterns!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  1:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another beautiful creation Carole.

This is what has kept me busy the last few days. Getting the brooder ready and making sure these little guys are keeping warm enough in the barn. Of course we had to get some cold weather right after I got them so regulating the temp has been a challenge, but all seems well now. I have also been busy checking cows several times a day, field work has started so tha job falls to me.

This little one belongs to my 2014 bottle calf, I feel like a proud grandma again. Spring on the farm is always such a great time.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  3:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie it is always a concern for us also, when it comes to the temperature. Mine are a month old now, but the nights here are quite chilly, so we continue to watch. My son had a baby calf born with a bum front leg or shoulder. The momma cow left it, and stole another baby from its mom. So my son and DIL have been tying the mother cow up so her baby can nurse. They also returned the stolen baby to its mom. The little calf is growing stronger and learning to get around in spite of its problem. There are three new baby Colts and another due in a few weeks. I was watching one when Hadlee was watering the other day. Their legs are just nearly as long as their mammas. Four long sticks with a tiny body attached. They are so cute.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  3:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,Love the awesome quilt!
Julie awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I know you work hard on your farm!

Connie-Killarney
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  4:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are all cute aren't they Marilyn. This happened at my daughters yesterday.

I haven't seen him yet, but the grandkids called to tell me about him and they sure were excited.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  5:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet, and he has a winter coat to keep him warm. I love babies.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  6:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -

A friend's husband just told me this afternoon that they had a goat born with a leg that would not straighten out. He was a twin and his mother would nurse his sister but not him. They had to pen them up so he could nurse, too. The vet told them to splint the leg. They did, and 3 days later the leg straightened out and his mother didn't ignore him any more. Maybe a splint would help the calf?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  6:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This week I will be making 2 scrubs shirts for Ed out of fabric he picked out. One is all wild/zoo animals and the other is all cartoon characters. LOL! He has a lot of kids as patients.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  7:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh what a bunch of such beautiful little and big babies.
I love these photos.

Thanks

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  7:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will tell Wade what you said about the splint, Linda.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  03:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie the socks are awesome! I have one each of two pair. I took a class twice trying to learn so I am going to focus on trying to complete the other two. Carole your quilts are amazing. I just love the colors, I am amazed at how quickly you accomplish these gorgeous projects. I really think you should tell us how you do so much. I for one would be so interested in learning how you structure your day. Do you have set sewing days? I just need to become more disciplined because there is so much I want to do. Do you have a secret? Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  08:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love Spring on the farm. All the new babies are coming. So sweet! Thanks for sharing pictures with us Julie so we can see them all.
As for projects, I am working on something for my swap partner right now. But looking towards heading into some unfinished projects.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 11 2016 08:33:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  11:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the Spring explosion of babies on the farms!! What cuties come this time of year!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  6:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, Love that little quilt!
Linda, Those scrubs sound like they will be fun to wear :)! Know the kids will enjoy them. Much better than the "white coats" of yesteryear!
Julie, Love all your babies! I have 9 baby chickies girls. We moved them out of the house today - YAY!!! into their big girl coop. Still have the light for them to keep warm. I went out just a little bit ago and they are all toasty warm. We have gotten 2 more Hives of Honey Bees that are also keeping us busy! That makes a total of 4, plus we are keeping our Youth Pastor's Bee's for a few days (New hives for him) He just returned from a Mission Trip with the kids from Haiti.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  6:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, do you get your bees locally or order them.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  09:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Marilyn, I just hope I don't become a grandmother anytime soon! I'm much to young, at 56, I'm just a baby! lol My little Pumpkin is only 18 years old and has at least 8 more years of schooling to go before she works in a field she is interested in! My maternal grandmother was in her mid 60's when she became a grand mother. She had her children in her mid 30's (I had my Pumpkin in my late 30's)

Julie, yep those will keep you busy! My batch should be coming in on May 5. The local feed company is getting Ameraucana. So looking forward to getting some colourful eggs!

Ruth, I didn't know you kept chickens. Do share a picture if you can.

Linda, it's nice that Ed likes to wear funky scrubs! I'm sure the kids appreciate it.

I continue to be on a roll. Finished this quilt:

The quilt top has been completed since Jan 2016. I just needed to machine quilt the quilt, which I did last weekend. This weekend I couldn't get myself moving to do anything quilting related.

Hum ... looking at the picture, which is not very good. To much light from the windows. Oh well!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Apr 12 2016 11:03:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that one Carole, but I love all your quilts. There are 2 Americana in that bunch as well. It was the only order of them the feedstore was getting in so I grabbed them while I could. I have all my seeds started for the year, it has been so windy here lately we have not put the greenhouse up yet, hopefully that will happen soon.i am making noodles today, they are always such a treat and taste so good in soups and casseroles. Have a great day everyone!

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I no longer have chickens, but am getting a few ducks for my small pond. A friend has too many and is giving some to me and to Ed for his 2 ponds. I'm hoping they will also help keep the grasshopper population down this summer. I'd like to find a small doghouse to put on a pallet and anchor in the pond so they have a safe place to get away from predators. I still have the shed with a 5-seater chicken roost, but will need to add a fenced in area if I decide to get chickens again.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  10:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like that quilt, the colors are awesome. I was 54 when my first grand daughter was born. I worked on until she was three and her new sister was about to be born. In Texas at that time if your years of teaching and your age equaled 80 you could retire early. I had taught thirty years and was 57 years old. So I left the class room(art K-3) and became a full time granny. At age 60 I was invited to start a pre school program at the Lutheran church. After two years we went to full time daycare, preschool and an after school and summer program. Wow, that grew from 14 kids to 150 kids and 43 part time workers plus myself, very quickly. Sadly, after 3 & 1/2 years I had to stop and deal with cancer. Since that time I was a substitute teacher, one day up to a couple of months at a time until last summer when I was invited to join the staff at a different church, once again teaching four year olds.
I love to serve God teaching and loving his kids. I will say that this year has been difficult because the director does not understand developmental levels in little ones, and has added four three year olds to our class. They are so disruptive. But the year will soon be over. I plan to speak up about that before next fall.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on - 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page