Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Front porch with a couple quilts - November 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front porch with a couple quilts - November 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 3

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  9:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you two are going to have so much fun!

Have a great day you two!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  02:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry and Linda - ENJOY your lunch! What a wonderful treat! Excited for you both!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  05:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry and Linda~ I hope you take a selfie so you can post it here to share! Enjoy!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  06:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda and Sherry we want a picture!! That is so wonderful!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  06:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you gals have a great time together! We'd love if you'd share a picture with us!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh what fun, I am so glad the two of you are finally meeting. I am wondering where the start of our winter is. It is usually quite chilly here this time of year, but yesterday it was 60 and I think it is supposed to be in the 50's today. I am going to finish washing windows and hand sheets on the line. Have a great day everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  07:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning very one from rainy South Carolina :) Hoping everyone's day is going well! Emi is still running a fever and not holding all of her feedings down. My 12 year old is giving me a break at the moment by rocking her. I sat down this weekend and wrote out my to-do list. I tried scheduling things of when I need/want to have them done by. Hopefully, this way, I'll get everything done :) All this rain makes climbing into bed and watching a movie with the kids quite tempting :)

Tomorrow my hubby gets a trial spinal cord stimulator placed. If it goes well, he will have one implanted next month. I have mixed feelings about it... hate the idea of the surgery, but keeping him on all the medications he is on just does not fly!!! Usually the children and I would take him for the procedure, but with Emi being so sick, we sent an e-mail to our pastor who sent it out to the congregation. Long story short, a young man will be picking him up, staying with him and bringing him home tomorrow :)

Well I need to go work on school with the kids. We fell a little behind last week, so we have adjusted this week's schedule accordingly.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  5:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, all. Sherry and I ate lunch in a hardware store (Kitchens Hardware and Deli - I think you can look it up on line) in Mineola, TX, then went to three antique shops and 2 quilt shops. LOL! We only live about 1-1/2 hours apart, and have talked about meeting, and we finally did it. I bought more than Sherry, but we both left with a few goodies. I got a new antique quilt top, some old linens, some nurses fabric (to make some women's nursing caps), some patterns (I didn't want these, but they came with the fabric), and some other goodies. LOL!

This picture was taken in our last stop - Quiltin' Heaven Quilt Shop.

We had a great time and plan to do it again!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 09 2015 5:12:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  9:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like and sounds like you had a ball, It really is a nice photo of you two.

Have a good night.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  06:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, Will be keeping Emi and you and your hubby in our prayers here. One day at a time.

Linda, So glad you and Sherry had a good time. Sounds like you hit all the good places to go! Quilt shops...yes! It is always fun to get together with a farmgirl.

Amy and I are still trying to work out a day to get together.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  06:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,
Linda, looks like you and Sherry had a blast! Always fun to meet up with a fellow farmgal! Oh ... and to visit quiltshops .... bonus! Thank you for posting a picture. You two look marvelous!

Denise, how wonderful if you and Amy could meet up.

Shannon, hum.... that bed crawling and catching a movie sounds like the way to go! lol Hoping all will settle for you soon.

Not much going here. I'm basically attempting to catch up on sleep. Had a weird dream this morning. Still processing that one.

Enjoy your day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  08:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Linda and Sherry! What a blast you had! The place you ate and the stores you went to sound so Farmgirl!!Thanks for posting a picture! I love both of your purses!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  2:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Connie. I made my purse. Fun pattern. The Bandana print piece buttons on and WAS reversible, until I wore it out. I guess I need to make another outer cover so I can change it out to fit my mood. LOL! And we DID have fun!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  4:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you had a good time gals. Quilt and antique shops always cheer me up.
Shannon and family, you are still in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  5:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soooooo Brad's procedure went pretty well. He is uncomfortable but doing alright. He is not allowed to shower, pick up anything heavier than five pounds, bend over or stretch up for the next week :/ Should keep me busy ;) We thought Emi was feeling better, but she started vomiting again around lunch. And now my 6 yo, Sammi, is running a fever. As much as I enjoy having a large family, it is overwhelming sometimes when viruses go through us all :D I joke that we share everything ;)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  05:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies, we are into day one of my daughter trying out the 7:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M. shift. Mom and I spent the night here at Bonnie's and we did fine. Bonnie should be home any minute, I don't know how she made out. Well see!

I loved catching up on everyone's news and seeing the picture of Linda and Sherry! Hopefully, Denise and I will be able to post a picture soon. About "catching up " when my mom used to fret about getting behind on housework and such, my dad would say "100 years from now, nobody's going to care!" Those words are always in my head!

Shannon, I'm praying for you, as always, only more.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  05:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I sure hope your family gets well soon! Glad to hear that Brad's procedure went well and I hope he heals without any problems. Your family needs a nice long stretch of wellness!

Amy, I hope your daughter likes the evening/night shift. I worked 3-11 shift for years and preferred it to days shift. The evening/night shift has a different pace and it is not as hectic as day shift with so much going on and chaos. It does take some getting used to with establishing a sleeping rhythm that works with the rest of your life. Let us know how she likes her new hours.

Denise, how was your trip to New York? I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  07:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I hope everyone is better soon at your house.

There is definitely a winter chill in the air today, so I am thinking of starting a fire and working on a few UFO's. I am making bread today and a pot of vegetable soup will go perfect with it. I will take some over to my mother-in-laws later for her and her caretakers supper. I think I will take a dozen eggs along too. The girls are laying like crazy right now and I can't use them fast enough.

Is anyone working on Christmas gifts? I have several done and most of my shopping has gotten done with all these trips to the city lately. Oliver is having another procedure done in Cincinatti in December so we will have his sisters for 9 days. I want to have most things done by than, so we can spend the time baking and making gifts for their parents.

Have a great day everyone.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  1:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Julie you are busy and all that baking and soup making sounds yummy. Hope your having a good day and that Oliver is doing ok.

Shannon take care ok...

Has everyone looked at the[b] Cheese[b] topic, I haven't gotten everyone's flavor of cheese and I do need that soon, Please.

Take care

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  1:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

Wow Julie you are busy and all that baking and soup making sounds yummy. Hope your having a good day and that Oliver is doing ok.

Shannon take care ok...

Has everyone looked at the Cheese topic, I haven't gotten everyone's flavor of cheese and I do need that soon, Please.

Take care

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  2:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You for asking about Oliver, Darlene. He has had several bad tummy days lately. He has to go back to Cincinnatti in December for some majors tests and we know he will be having surgery again in January. He came to visit me yesterday afternoon and he discovered eggs in the chicken coop. He was pretty excited about them and ended up taking them home. Eggs are one thing he can have as much of as he wants and they don't bother his tummy, so he had scrambled eggs and cheese last night for supper.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  07:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Gosh, not sure what is going on but I have to peel myself out of bed in the mornings! I'm so tired! Stopped at our local coffee shop and ordered a sweet drink - chia latte (so not like me) just to get an energy boost! Hasn't kicked in yet! I could just nap right now!

My little Pumpkin phoned the other night - she's home sick! It was wonderful to facetime with her. I pretended to be strong .... but boy or boy once we hung up .... Sometimes I just wish life would slow down a bit.

Fall is in the air! Chili but not cold. Usually around this time of year we have cold weather. We haven't moved our girls (chickens) from their summer coop to their winter coop yet. It's just so nice out! At least they are enjoying some outside time.

Well, I best be getting back to work. Have a great day everyone!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  11:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Had about a foot of snow yesterday, Chickens didn't like it, dogs loved it. I broke the snow shovel but have another. Plowed the driveway hoping that today the sun comes out and sure enough it did.
Have to go to Denver Saturday for a fiber fair it looks as if it is going to be nice. Roads should be good so we will have fun.

Its all good.

Smile a lot everyone will wonder what you are up to.
Marilyn
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  11:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, Oliver is in my prayers. Carole, hang in there, the empty nest thing gets easier! Marilyn, Eek! A foot of snow, did you get to the fair!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  11:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things will get easier for you Carole and you will find yourself doing things that are really fun or just busy, believe me it will happen.

Marilyn how was the fiber fair?

Julie I am glad Oliver enjoyed his eggs, Maybe some other things will be able to be eaten soon. He is in my prayers and you too. I sent you an email.

Shannon I hope Emi is better and all is well with your whole family.

Winnie have a good day and everyone else as well.

hugs and blessings

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front porch with a couple quilts - November 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page