Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Front porch with a couple quilts - November 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front porch with a couple quilts - November 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 3

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  06:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Wow, already November! We're 25 days till Thanksgiving and 54 days till Santa will gets here! Before you know it, we'll begin the year 2016!!!! Oh, and that's in 61 days!

STOP the world, I want to get off!

Off to do something with my extra hour! Catch you later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  12:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, you really have had a very, very busy Fall! Hopefully, November's pace will be more manageable and there will be plenty of time to enjoy this most beautiful of months!

I love this month. Usually, this is when we start to get more fall like weather in Florida and the longer nights mean less heat generated in the day. Although this coming week is scheduled to be in the upper 80s through maybe next weekend, I keep hoping the weather report is not that hot. I am looking forward to being outdoors more and enjoying my seasonal flavored teas and coffee while I knit for already requested Christmas presents! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  8:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy November everyone, I have a busy one coming up, Tomorrow I go help set up the voting poll for Tuesday and then Tuesday I have to be there at 6am,,,, aaagh, Thurs, a chamber meeting, Saturday another meeting, gosh I am tired already thinking about it and working on swap crafts and working on getting stuff ready for our local Flea Market, ooooh all is well.
So have a good evening

hugs and love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  07:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, remember me?? I'm so sorry I've been off the map for awhile. My daughter's grad school schedule during October was almost impossibly demanding, with papers due and presentations to make every week, and several "site visits" where her professors come and watch her in the clinic treating patients. Very nerve-wracking! I got myself a little over-committed by agreeing to put together a band for entertaining at our local Juvenile Diabetes fundraising event. It's been a long time since I've done this type of work, but one of my BFF's daughters has the disease, and I wanted to help. It was very successful, but boy oh boy am I glad I'm retired from the crazy music business! I also attended an out-of-town wedding which was complicated because my mom didn't want to go, so I had to arrange for someone to stay with her if I wanted to go. As it turned out I skipped the preliminary festivities and just went for the ceremony, because on top of everything else, my daughter, granddaughter and I have been pretty sick for several weeks with really bad upper respiratory stuff. Lots of coughing! Luckily, mom hasn't caught it (she's going to outlive us all!). The good news is things should settle down just a little now for all of us. I have found a lovely companion for my mom who is starting this week, helping out 2 days a week. Mom is very excited about her new "friend" and I'm looking forward to just a teensy bit of "me" time! But this morning I decided to dedicate to catching up here, because I miss you all, my dear friends! I hope everyone is well, and will catch up further on some of the other topics. Happy November!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  1:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone has been a busy bee!! I am slower than I use to be! LOL!
I keep my 8 month old granddaughter 2- 10 hour days a week, so I have to try and get things done on the weekend. I am wiped out the day after I keep her! I have so many projects going on and none of them finished! LOL! I love this time of year! The leaves are so pretty. We love to take drives to small nearby towns to see the town square decorations and to Shelby Forest State park. They have a road that winds through the Forest up and down Steep hills and over little bridges! We live in the flat part of Tennessee so we really enjoy a visit there!
I am jotting down notes and looking for recipes for Thanksgiving Dinner!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  10:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie,
You do a wonderful job and being busy too. So lucky to be able to watch her and don't you know that you will stay younger that way. I hear that works. Anyway it sounds like your enjoying yourself alot.

Amy you sound like you have been very busy as well. Hope your mom's friend helps out by being with her and giving you some time on your own.
It is good to see you on here, missed you.

Well everyone have a good night. I have to get up extra early tomorrow to work at the voting poll half a day. We have a whole one thing on the ballot, probably won't get many voters.

Well sleep tight all.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  05:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I love this Snoopy graphic! It captures that happy feeling of seeing beautiful leaves this time of year. How wonderful that you have Lily June two days a week! I know you are enjoying every moment with her too.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  07:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Came in to work at 7 am this morning determined to catch up on the news from my fellow farmsisters. Goodness, do you know how difficult it is to keep my ADDH personality at bay?! lol Jumped from one thing to another until I sat myself down and said enough! lol Then the phone rang, a friend called .....

I am back from Houston. What an adventure it was. Loved every minute of it! We had lots of rain with flood warnings throughout the weekend.

I do enjoy market. It's great to see what fabrics are coming out in the next 6 months! So many temptations!

I attended Moda's 40th Anniversary and had the opportunity to dine with one of my favoutire authors and Moda fabric designers, Barbara Adams and Alma Allen of Blackbird designs. Those of you who do counted cross stitch will probably be familiar with their work. What a wonderful dinner it was, here I am all smiles with the ladies from Blackbird Designs.

Enough about me! So wonderful to come back to a buzzing henhouse! I think we have a wonderful group of farmgirls!

Winnie, wish my life would settle. Not sure what happened! I have always been one to keep a low profile/schedule but it seems that it will not be the case for a bit. Sigh ... but I'll survive!

Amy, good to read that life is settling for you.

Connie, I will agree with Darlene, you granddaughter will keep you young! It's also a wonderful excuse to be silly! Go out and have a blast! They grow up so quickly ... I miss my little Pumpkin!

News about Sandra, she wrote me to let me know that she is unable to log unto the henhouse. I have written to the powers that be and she should soon be able to chatter away.

That's it for now! If you are not subscribed to all of the Scattered Prairie Forums, I suggest that you do. I will make an attempt to post more often to the bulletin board!

Have a wonderful Fall day! Temperatures here are suppose to be in the 60s (So I've been told by the ladY at the post office)

Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Nov 04 2015 10:05:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9601 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9601 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  11:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice photo Carole.

JT and I are planning a weekend away. Heading to NY. I know it sounds morbid but I want to go and put flowers on my mom and sister's graves. We will also visit family while there. I always get homesick in the Fall. I've always missed not living in NY since getting married. Anyway, I am looking forward to it and hope to acquire a sign of my grandparents that is still hanging on their old property. Someone else owns it now but I plan to get in touch with them and see if they would be willing to let it go.

Will be trying to find the church where they are buried as well. Sometimes I feel the need for that connection.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  06:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, enjoy your upcoming trip home to NY. I hope you are able to find the old sign from your grandparent's home as well. What a wonderful piece of your youth to have to keep.

Denise, I completely understand your nostalgia because I still miss living in Charlottesville, Va. where I was raised. It is weird how I am attracted to it after all these years here in Florida. But when I go back, it always feels like home to me and I am not sure why. There is something about the way it looks and feels. My parents are buried there and there is no other family living there anymore either. My deep attraction is still a mystery to me . Sometimes, I think it is the glimpses of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the way the Rotunda looks at the University of Virginia campus. Sometimes, it is the deep green foliage of Summer against the red clay dirt that seems friendly. For sure, it is the beautiful fall landscapes and the many apple orchards that always call my name each year. But our life has never presented an opportunity to return to Charlottesville for permanent living. So for the time being, I try to squeeze in as many visits as I can!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  10:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon everyone,

So nice to wake up to a mailbox full of henhouse activities! So Blessed!

The weather here is soooooo gorgeous! As much as I love my job, oh the sun is begging me to go out and play! lol

Denise, I understand the need for connection. If you like to work on badges, you might want to work on Know your Roots (Each Other). As I found various connections I actually earned the "expert" level. I totally enjoyed the family reunion. So much so that I hosted another one in June of this year!

Winnie, I am fortunate to live close to where I grew up. When ever I go into Montreal (like last Sunday) I feel like I'm home. I love the country, but I guess the city girl will always be a part of me.

Enjoy the day! Hoping it's gorgeous in your neck of the woods!

Farmgirl hug,

Carole

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  08:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just posted on the Bulletin board. Please take the time to read and participate. This is an important new program that is dear to my heart.

I am truly proud of each and everyone of you. This is an amazing henhouse! It's a group effort! We ROCK!

Farmgirl hug to each and everyone of you!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Nov 05 2015 11:17:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  12:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear from you super-busy far girls. None of you has time to be boring. Lol I am tweaking the design for th Minnesota state parks 125th anniversary quilt. Next step is choosing fabrics. I think I have most of them in my stash (archives). Won't need to buy much.harvest is in and still have tomatoes ripening. What' left is to bake pumpkin and make pie. My dh has kidney stone surgery Monday. Ugh. That's about as much fun as we have birthing a baby. Will be glad when it is over.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2015 :  07:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
I had planned to be back right after harvest, but that has been over for a few weeks and I am still trying to "catch up". Please tell me that can and does happen and isn't just a myth I heard somewhere. Have been in cities 3 out of 4 days this week and looks like another trip to town today as well. We had a beef butchered a few weeks ago and he is ready to be picked up. It will be a day of organizing freezers to get everything where I want it for the upcoming winter.

Our deer hunting season starts today at noon, Keith got all the no hunting signs posted yesterday on our land. We are all for thinning out our deer populations, but we have family coming for the weekend to hunt, and family here who hunt. So once everyone has filled thier tags, we will than open it up to others. Keith makes the most fabulous venison sausage each year and we just used the last package so it was pretty good timing. This is also our annual lefsa making weekend. Those who don't hunt get to peel LOTS of potatoes, roll, cook and flip. We try to make enough for everyone to take home a few packages, put some in the freezer for the holidays and have lots on hand to eat fresh. I was excited to see a recipe in the latest MJF magazine, but it is way different than the one we use, which was my grandmas and is no well over 100 years old. I just love traditions.

Have a great day everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2015 :  11:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie - I hate to tell you this, but I think "catching up" is indeed a myth.... Or an extreme rarity at the most!

I am about ready to throw in the towel, lol. I am drowning in unfinished projects, a messy house, half done school, and just life in general. I am so thankful that God does not care about any of that stuff! And one day I will find a "new normal." life is just really hard right now!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2015 :  2:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, when you find out how to catch-up, Please share!! LOL!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2015 :  07:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Julie, I think chasing your tail is synonymous with catching up! Oh, and you get dizzy in the process!

Off to chase my tail! Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2015 :  3:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My you are all so busy, I was busy today but not such fun stuff. I have to work on stuff to go to a flea market next Saturday and other swaps so am really enjoying you all today on here.

Have a good day

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2015 :  8:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catch up is what ou put on hot dogs lol. I know it doesn't exist. Instead of beating ourselves up, let's just enjoy each project as we do it. What doesn't get done doesn't matter.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  10:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Bonnie! LOL!! I love that!!!!!!!! Thanks for the smile!!

Farmgirl hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  3:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, all. I am trying to finish sewing projects for swaps, birthdays, and Christmas. Table runner is done for swap. Stocking is NOT done yet for swap. 2 robes done for birthdays in Nov, 1 robe on cutting board now for birthday in Dec, 2 quilts need to be cut and sewn for Christmas. Problem is - I sew in my dining room, and I am having Thanksgiving here - 12 people. Soooooooo - I need my dining room tables - and the dining room - clean before then. Hmmmmmm - guess I'd better get off the computer and get cutting and sewing. LOL! so - catching up is definitely needed here - please tell me how?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  3:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda ,I sew and craft in the dinning room too! The light is the best in that room for me. I have to put all my stuff in my bedroom and close the door so my Thanksgiving guests won't see it! LOL!!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9601 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9601 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  4:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So much for catching up. LOL! We just got back tonight from NY. It was a great trip. Was able to do all we wanted and see everyone we had planned on and a couple more. It was a bit cold and I brought home the souvenir of a sore throat. So it is hot lemon and honey for me.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  6:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I I didn't get my own sewing until my oldest moved out as an adult. I was kind of worried about his reaction to pink woodwork, white walls and girly furniture. But when he saw it he said, this is nice. Was I relieved. Now I had my own place. I used to sew in the laundry room. It was great for mending though.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  8:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Denise - I hate bringing back souvenirs like that from a vacation. Change of climate does it all the time.

Bonnie - I HAVE a separate sewing room, but I feel isolated in it so I would rather use the dining room. The sewing/craft/guest room/house is about 20 yards from my back door. When I purchased this farmhouse there is a separate house with large closet and full bath; that is what I CALL my sewing/craft house. But being in the main house is so much more comfortable and yes, Connie, better lighting. I think when I get a full screen or storm door put on the craft house I might use it more. Being that this is a 114 year old house, the doors are not the sizes of doors now, so I'm having trouble finding a screen or storm door I like for both my bak kitchen door and the craft house. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  8:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow Sherry and I are meeting up for lunch. WOO HOO! I love meeting farmgirls. Luckily we only live about 2 hours apart.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front porch with a couple quilts - November 2015 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page