levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9450 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9450 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2021 :  06:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will be praying for her Darlene. Glad there is improvement.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2021 :  7:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's son found out today he has COVID - again!! He had COVID just after Thanksgiving last year. He is vaccinated. He thought he had a sinus infection, but since he is executor of an elderly friend's estate, if he feels the least like he might have COVID he gets tested. Usually he is negative, but today it was positive.

On another note, something happened on Tuesday morning that could have had a bad result, but didn't. At a curve just 2 houses away from Ed's property, a tanker semi truck vame around it too fast and turned over. The truck rolled over twice and the driver was partially out the drivers side window. Ed's son's FIL (Phil) happened to be at Ed's house fishing and heard a loud noise. He turned around and saw the truck. Phil is a truck driver, too, and he immediately went over to see what he could do, if anything. The driver never lost consciousness, but was pinned in the truck. Phil kept him talking, and prayed with the driver that there would be no internal injuries and that the driver would be okay. Also, because he Phil is also a driver, and knew the truck had air-cushioned seats, he asked the driver if he wanted him to release the air; the driver said yes, so Phil pressed the button on the side of the seat to release the air which gave some release of the pressure. Phil asked if he wanted him to call his family and company and Phil did both. A heavy-duty tow truck had to shift the cab so they could use the jaws of life to get the driver out. The Care-flite helicopter landed in Ed's pasture and they just cut Ed's wire fence so they could bring the driver to the copter. He was flown to the hospital. Luckily this ended with good news. The driver called Phil that night and thanked him for his help. He said he remembered everything Phil had prayed for and was so thankful that he had been closeby. He said that he had no internal injuries and no broken bones. Yesterday, 1 day later, he called Phil about 6:30 pm and told him that he had been released from the hospital with crutches and a boot on one foot. Praise the Lord! He does work in miraculous ways.

Ed has pictures of the truck and a lot of the Bioazard equipment that was there; Phil had pictures of the truck from before Ed got there. He had been called by his neighbor to say his fence was down. She did not say it had been cut down. Luckily the two cows in the upper pasture where the copter landed were staying away from all the noise and did not try to leave. Some of the fire dept men there helped Ed fix the fence, and they said that since there were cows there, the ones who cut the fence should have fixed it before they left, but they hadn't. The tanker had just been filled with 9000 gallons of diesel and regular gas. There were tanker trucks there to empty off the gas and also suck the diesel from the ditch. The bio-hazard people were there with equipment to remove all the contaminated dirt. Ed left our house about 11 am and he came home after dark around 7.

We are so glad that the driver was lucky. He was driving too fast for the curve, especially with a full tanker of sloshing gas. There was no fire. And Ed found out later that the driver was not even supposed to be on that road. He was told by his company to take another road, and because he was running a little late, took Ed's road and probably wasn't familiar with it. He didn't slow down when the speed limit was reduced for the curve. All in all the day ended well. We went by there today and there is a huge hole where they had to dig out all the contaminated dirt. Phil had gone before Ed got there, and for a while we did not even know that Phil had been there. Just seeing the truck and the driver had really upset Phil, especially not knowing how badly the driver was injured and whether he would be okay.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9450 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9450 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  02:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good that Phil was so close and went to check to see what the noise was Linda. The Lord made sure he was there for a reason.
Prayers for Ed's son.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  10:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Denise. That's exactly what I told Phil - that the Lord put him there at Ed's for a reason.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  1:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am. Glad it all we well!
Last week my oldest daughter had Covidaand was in the hospital orally out of it and anyway yesterday she started waking up up pand this morning was able to talk. O her husband ne. Phone. She is starting to get stronger! Praise God and thanks for all prayers.

Prais God!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1232 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1232 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  2:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- Thankful all ended up to the good.
Darlene -- So happy your daughter is awake.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3509 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3509 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  1:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LInda, what an awful accident and thankfully Phil was able to assist the driver and it all ended up OK. I am sorry to hear that Ed's son has COVID again. Those breakthrough infections seem to be happening quickly with this new variant. Hopefully, he won't be very sick and feel awful.

Darlene, I am thrilled to hear that your daughter woke up and now improving quickly! Prayers for her continued healing and I know her family can't wait to have her home again.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  3:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Winnie. Ed's son thought it was a sinus infection and he said other than sinus symptoms he feels fine.

With this Omicron variant I really don't want to get on the ship in February. We are hoping the cruise line will give us the option of canceling without having to usse the cruise insurance, but I may cancel anyway. Ed feels that we would be okay on the ship, but I'm a skeptic and would be uncomfortable.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1232 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1232 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  5:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also be hesitant to get on the ship; recalling those poor people in 2020 that spent a month or two on the ships before they would let them disembark. Better safe than sorry.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3509 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3509 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2022 :  4:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am with you Linda. Would rather wait until this current variant calms down and the entire nation isn't sick with Covid, vaccinated or not.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2022 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So many prayer requests and praises! I love seeing how God's hand works in and around His people!!!! We serve such an amazing God who truly cares <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2022 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found out yesterday that we can cancel our cruise as long as we rebook. Just need to figure out when would be best time to go and rebook before the scheduled date for our current cruise to leave. I sure wish things would get back to some semblance of order with all these viruses.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9450 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9450 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2022 :  03:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother and his wife just had a bout with Covid. Their doctor gave them ivermectin and brother said they are both fine now. His sister in law still has it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2688 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2688 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2022 :  5:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, what did you decide to do about your cruise?
Has anyone ever been to Iceland? I've been reading some about it and it looks like a beautiful place! Hopefully someday we can get back to traveling again!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2022 :  7:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We just cancelled the cruise, today. We love traveling and miss cruising, but need to play it safe right now. At first we were told we would have to have the money held for another cruise, but our agent went to bat for us and found out we could get all the money refunded to the credit card. Our doctor had suggested we wait about a month to let Omicron run its course, but I want'd like to wait a while longer. We will book another when COVID variations cool off a bit. I have friends who just got off a 2-week cruise with no problems, but I'd just as soon not have to quarantine in a cabin and miss getting off at island stops after paying good money for a cruise. I'm thinking an American Queen cruise up the Mississippi, or a Viking River cruise, might be better, because all the rooms are outside cabins.

My sister and her husband are in Sweden right now - they left on Saturday. They had to have a negative rapid COVID test at the airport in New York a day before their flight to Sweden (it cost them $200 for each of them) and have to wear masks on all transportation and in lodge except when dining. They will also have to get a negative test before leaving Sweden - again expensive. They take the best vacations - their transportation from near Stockholm to the lodge they are booked at was by dogsled. They tried ice fishing (didn't catch anything), are going to learn to drive their own dogsled, and even try their hand at ice carving. Sounds like a lot of fun - though a bit too cold for my old bones. LOL! Last year they went to France on a Viking river cruise and had to get tested almost every day while in France and wear masks all the time.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
188 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  6:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, Mike and I just canceled our cruise as well. We hated to do it but I just can't imagine being stuck somewhere or worse yet locked in a little room for days on end. There are many weekend outdoor trips we can take to keep our spirits up while we wait for better days. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9450 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9450 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  03:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please keep Marilyn in prayer. She is down with the flu.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  2:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That’s not good! Praying for her healing and health!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2688 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2688 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  2:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, how is Vickie?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  4:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie
She is improving quite a lot. They are working with her PT and getting her stronger in standing. She is speaking better that is good!
I maybe going home next Thursday. Not sure yet but that is the proposed date!
I am not really ready yet but it probably will be.
Well I will be with my kitty again.

Take care and thank you!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2688 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2688 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  09:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I bet you get even stronger between now and then....it will be nice to be at your own house with your cat and your own routine. So glad to hear about Vickie!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3509 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3509 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  10:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I bet you will be fine going home and will find that your kitty and all of your own stuff will give you renewed energy too. Sometimes we heal better at home after we are safe enough to leave a medical setting. I am also so happy to hear that Vicki is getting stronger and better each week. She has had a long road to her recovery and I bet she can't wait to go home either!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  7:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Darlene! Continued prayers for you and Vicki!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  7:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes. VIcki is very anxious to go home. Like I said mine is up in the air. I talked to the doctor today and he is going to look into it and will find out if I am going home this week or later in the month.. I will just keep working on getting more bend in my knee!

Well take care! I love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2022 :  09:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Denise,my flu or cold??? Seems much better, but I'm left with some sinus issues and wheezing.Now my biggest issue is that I seem to have broken or dislocated a rib while coughing. Oh well... I will eventually be good as new. How do I know...because God told me so!!!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Prayer Round up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page