USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  10:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, how did things go yesterday?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  12:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! It makes about a gallon of yogurt. We have 5 in my house, so we go through that amount fairly quick. I used plain yogurt, but I'm sure you can use Greek also. The dry milk is what makes it thicker. If you do use the Greek yogurt, my guess would be to maybe cut back on the dry milk then.
Funny thing is, I have a yogurt maker, yet I always use this recipe. I've used my yogurt maker once.

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
www.etsy.com/shop/theginghambow
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  1:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys <3 Thank you for the prayers! We truly need them right now!!! Ultrasound was yesterday - baby looks great.... she looks to be about 14 ounces, and we are 21 weeks. Yup - a girl :) However, the OB has said absolutely no way may I have a VBAC. We are going to try to find someone else, but it isn't looking promising!!! I'm trying to adjust to the idea of all my future children being via cesarean.

Joyce - I sent it about a week late, so you should have had it long before now!!! I'll start making another one here soon. I HAVE to start keeping tracking numbers!!!!

I enjoy making yogurt... but we've always put it in the dehydrator for setting purposes. I'm hoping to start making some in the near future.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  2:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A girl!!! Congrats, Shannon! I had all of mine sections...no choice. If it is the healthier option for you and baby, don't get discouraged or disappointed......you and your daughter both need to be healthy. Prayers your way! #10084;#65039;

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  3:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Christine! How many children do you have Christine? (I know I should know that answer!) Apparently after having three c-sections, the chance of a uterine rupture is so great, that they say a cesarean is safer.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  7:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shannon...3 I gave birth to and one heaven angel that I didn't :(.
After my last one, the doctor even commented to my husband that he can't understand how I even carried Jessica to full term because my uterine wall was so thin. (I started the change early). All of mine were sections. I have never experienced a vaginal birth so I have nothing to compare. I know your heart is on a VBAC, but if a section is the only option, please take care of yourself and your baby. #10084;#65039;. I will pray for you.

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  7:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS....there were hearts that were supposed to be in the last comment of mine....idk what happened!

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  04:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for you, Shannon. Before you send it again, can you double check with me that you have my right address?

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  09:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, a girl! How exciting! Is this number 8 for you? What's your boy/girl ratio? I'm just curious :) I agree with Christine, just do what's safe for you and baby. That being said, I also know how discouraging it can be speaking to mainstream doctors if you have even the hint of outside the box thinking. I completely understand why you want to try to find someone a little more open to the VBAC. As always, you are in my prayers!! :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  09:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prayed for you at church this morning, Shannon. You'll get through this! <3

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9471 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9471 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  4:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I haven't been around in a while girls. Have just had a lot going on with my dad. He has been complaining of pain in his shoulder and so we took him to his primary care. They took xrays and sent him to an ortho guy. Today we did that appointment. Apparently he has a chronic tear in his rotator cuff. Normally they would do a shoulder replacement but due to his age, 91, and his heart issues he is not a candidate. It also has to do with it being a major surgery and the possibility of complications from anesthesia. If he were younger maybe but they don't see the benefits outweighing the risks for him so He will have cortizone shots and physical therapy to try and get him able to get himself up. Right now my brother in law is doing bathroom duty with him. We are looking into some kind of harness for him so he is easier to lift by one person. It stills has to be one of the guys because I am not able to lift on him. With his knees full of arthritis and such it is a task to say the least. If this does not help we may be looking at alternatives for his care. So life has been keeping me away for awhile. I will try to visit and catch up when I can. Just a different season of life for me right now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  4:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Denise. I'm so sorry you're going through this. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  5:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Denise....I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Big hugs and prayers.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  6:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I'll be praying for you. It's so hard when our parents get older...for them and you! Just remember that it will all be ok!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  08:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, you're in my prayers. <3

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9471 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9471 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  5:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so very much for the prayers. They are very much needed and appreciated.
So very grateful for each of you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  08:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had sick children this weekend, so that's why I've been absent lately. I'm trying to process some produce, and getting ready for school this year. My husband is going out of town this weekend, so I'll be all by myself :( with the kids of course. Anyone have any tips to get kids to stop fighting? Mine have had the devil in them the past couple of days. How's everyone else doing?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine argue too, Erin. Mostly my14 year old son with his almost 6 year old sister. Drives me crazy. Those 2 are the epitome of "brother -sister" arguing. The 17 year old is past that. He's 17, so those days are done! It'll get easier....I just try and tune out as much as possible. (That's after I tell them to "just stop arguing" and do their own thing. I feel ya, though! It's stressful when they argue!

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9471 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9471 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  9:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of ours,mother of eleven, use to put those who were arguing together like three legged race together and they had to do their chores and stuff that way so they would work together and stop fighting. It worked well for her and the kids will attest to that too!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2017 :  09:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness. I don't know if I'm that brave! Haha! It might work though. People used to always say to sit in the front row at church when your kids are young and they aren't as distracted and behave better. I was too chicken to do that for a long time, but it really does work pretty well. Sometimes what sounds like a terrible idea is really the best thing...

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  08:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls! How's everyone's weekend? My husband is coming home tonight!! I'm so excited. He went to Chicago to help my sister move. He's been gone since Wednesday night, and it feels like forever. He left early to get away a little and work on some writing. He really needed to do this, and I'm happy that he did, but it's been weird not having him here. I know that doesn't seem like a long time, for you especially Joyce, since your husband leaves for long stretches, but for me it feels like a very long time! I've been doing a little rearranging, and cleaned his study for him so hopefully he can keep those good writing vibes going when he gets home! What are you all up to?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  08:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin - glad your hubby will be home soon! When mine use to deploy, it didn't matter whether it was a 24 hour mission or a month long mission, both were horrible, hahaha. I do have to admit though, the LONG missions (months) were the worst! I don't know how the ladies that deal with that for a year plus handle it!!! We had one year where hubby was in and out of the house, but only home a total of 60 days. That was pretty brutal.

My home is finally ours again, with no company per se. My parents stop in occasionally for a night or two, but for the most part it is just us. I'm delighted!!!! Having my aunt here was HORRIFIC!!! I've always said we have an open door, but I think it may be closed to her now :( Basically I had an extra two children.... but ones I could not correct nor get to help! I did their laundry, made all the ,eats, cleaned all the dishes, etc. My children were their servants. And add to it I still have not scrubbed the bathroom well enough to get all the smell out from the "accidents." Thankfully I did out of the carpet!!! Bad bad experience!!!

Anyways, VBS starts tonight. I'm in charge of crafts. Should be fun, yet exhausting... it only goes for five nights, so we shall see. i'm still fighting a SEVERE kidney infection, so I'm hoping I will handle it alright. Well I better go get ready for church! Oh - I did manage to make my first batch of farmer's cheese the other day. Yummy!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  11:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am praying for you, your family and your father. This is a difficult thing to work through. I glad to hear you have the strength of your men to help.

Shannon and Erin...how nice to have your homes back to normal. I remember feeling out of sorts when DH was gone just overnight for business. And, also how much I loved company, but just was so happy when the house and family was just back to us.

a couple of days ago, in the yard just surrounding our house, just in one day, we saw a fawn, a fox, wild turkey hen and young brood. Also, a hawk and 3 young hawks. It looked like she was trying to teach them to hunt. It's such a wonder. The next day I was working in the garden. DH made me a 3rd raised bed. I heard a fox yipping in the woods close to me. Awesome!

Yesterday, DH and I met with some of his college and car club buddies about 2 1/2 hrs. We visited a wooden boat show and did some antiquing. I found 3 crystal knife rests to use as prop/rests for some bowls in the curio cabinet. Bowls from grandmothers and mother to pass down to family. Just something fun that we rarely do. And, a treat for myself which I rarely do.

The weather must be changin! I will have to crash for a couple of hours.

Hugs to all of you girls!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  11:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I got a great buy on Missouri peaches. So far, I have made 3 cobblers, nine jars of jam, and will make 2 crumbles today.

The best part was my daughter came over to help me peel the peaches. The time spent with her was priceless, and I loved being able to share with her.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  07:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, did you feel like Snow White with all the animals around your house? Haha it sounds like a Disney movie! Peaches sounds so good right now! I probably won't have any until we go to Michigan. It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Shannon I'm so happy for you that you have your house back! Having company can be so stressful, especially when it's the kind that you have to do everything for. Don't wear yourself out too much with VBS! I don't know how you do all of these things. I hope your taking care of yourself!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page