mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise,
Sorry I don't know you yet. I have been reading your posts it sounds to me like you would be a perfect leader. Will back you as much as I can. Thanks for taking this on. I think you will have a lot of support.

Smile a lot everyone will wonder what you are up to.
Marilyn
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  12:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Denise! I will participate as I am able like what is happening now. Thanks!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  12:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear Winnie.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  5:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in also. I have grown to love you all here so much, I would be lost without my chickadees! I don't know what I can do , I am not great with computers all that much.
But whatever I can do I want to. Not counting Love, support caring, prayers, kindness and thee list goes on.

Hugs and Clucks Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  5:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I also think you would be good to lead us chicks. You have done a lot for us chickies since you've been here. Everyone one would be their for you. We all want it to go on.

Love Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  5:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Dave has decided that I am not "in any shape" for the long drive to Fayetteville to see our kids :(! And I do have to agree with him, sad to say! However, we will go to the Atlanta Airport next Wednesday night to meet with Brian as he will fly into Atlanta on his way to Afganistan, so we will be able to spend a couple of hours with him :)! Thankful for that! I will pass on all your "well wishes" and "Thanks" to him and all the military. Our Grandson-in-love is in Ranger School at the moment at Ft Benning, GA, and my sweet hubby is a VietNam Vet - so we are a Military family and proud to be one! Thanks for all your support and love, it means a lot to me and my family!
I think our new Momma Hen has been chosen - and I agree :)!
Thanks to all and hugs,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  6:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I agree, Mama Hen has been chosen...Yay.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  8:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I joined this henhouse, I was looking for a place to share my love of the simple life, crafts and MJF. I did not want it to be work and/or drama, but a place where I could grab a cuppa and read what everyone is up to; a place to share ideas and perhaps even work on a few badges every now and again. I would like this henhouse to be that ... it doesn't have to be work .... it can be a fun place. As a matter of fact, I have an idea ......

Catch you later

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

AmberNWichita
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Amber
Wichita Kansas
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  8:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://youtu.be/qGFR3zz12p0

So I have been thinking about this for awhile. Denise you appear to be a great leader so I don't have any problems with it.I didn't see if anyone else wanted to drive this train. I don't have any idea what transpired behind the scenes, but apparently it was hurtful enough that people left without warning. I'm not a very good little chickie I read the forums, but it's usually while I'm sitting at dance class, a community meeting, theater etc. etc and there are parts of the year you can't hardly reach me any other way but a telephone call. The biggest thing I had hoped to get out of the hen house was a bunch of gals to work on badges with and possibly a chance to camp with you all, send postcards and just sit and BS with. Somewhere along it became about swaps and how much time we spend online. Sadly many swaps I don't do anymore because of either money or just time constraints. Most swaps make me feel highly inadequate as a farmgirl I don't know any fabric arts, I have real basic sewing that usually include my thumb in the way, but I can make a tasty apple butter,ha har. I feel I'm being selfish if I stay and force you all to hold a spot for me even though I am not active. I don't want to leave because I would miss chatting with you all when I can take the time. That being said if our worth as a sister is measured as time spent on the forums I will sadly hand over membership to someone better suited to your needs.

Edited by - AmberNWichita on Oct 09 2014 9:57:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  10:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amber if our worth as a sister is measured as the time spent on the forums, I would have been told to leave a long time ago. It is a pleasant place to be even if you don't have anything to say, which I don't most of the time. I just do what I can when I can and just let everyone know I am there for them, I get on a lot but sometimes just don't have anything to say, but sure enjoy being here. Thank you all for that. As for making things like these beautiful talented people here well I try some things but with a busy life I have dont' have time for it all even though I would like to but I sure enjoy others beautiful work. I do just try to get into swaps that I can do or if I can't make something I try to find someelses beautiful work to share if I can. It is just great to be on here where everyone accepts you for who you are and love me as well.

I hope you stay but if you can't we love you anyway.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  04:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole and Amber,
I am glad you both have given your thoughts on the hen house. I was hoping to wait to offer until everyone had given their thoughts but realized not everyone would be able to get on and see what was posted. I think the hen house should be a place where everyone shares their ideas and talents. I believe we definitely need someone to be in contact with the farm and oversee things. I like organization and don't want to see things go helter skelter. I did think about it and talked to another one of the gals first. It is always good to bounce things off of someone else.

Carole,
As for myself I have never done anything with the badges. That doesn't mean there won't be others who want to though. There is going to be a bit of working at it here because really no matter what you do when you are in a group everyone has to work at it. It is kind of like relationships they take a little work. I am open to hearing any ideas anyone might have. Just shoot me an email.

Amber,
We all understand about not being able to be on often due to obligations. Our hen house is only as fun and active as we make it. The swaps are not mandatory, I have had some that I have not done due to time or funds.

I do hope to regroup and see where we are on who is staying. Everyone who was on our group list that did not leave has posted except Stephanie. Hope to hear from her soon. Right now I am corresponding with Brian.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 10 2014 09:02:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  06:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I like your open approach here to moving forward. I have no idea how other HenHouses are organized but I think they can pretty much be whatever the group wants them to be. If some of you live close enough to actually meet, you could work on a badge together at a meeting. From what has been offered here so far, I think many are just looking for a smaller online community in order to get to know a few people better. Our current set up lends itself to that right now. As far as the swaps thing, it should only be an option if someone wants to do it. There are many reasons people need to not swap and many people who love and want to swap. It is great that either persuasion works.

Does anyone know if the HenHouses ever had a mission? I am not sure how people are invited in etc. How are the HenHouses supposed to differ from the main forum? Does anyone know why and how the HenHouses were meant to function? That might help us here is thinking together what we wish for this group. At present, it appears that we are a microcosm of the larger Forum because we do the same things together, just with fewer people. Again, I am new here and many of you have been at this HenHouse from the beginning and can help with what the history was.

For the time being, it seems like just keeping in place what we already have might be stable enough to make it work. We will have to figure out how to keep it interesting and fresh because people have limited online time. Building virtual community is not easy , so we have to think about what it is that distinguishes this HenHouse from the larger Forum to make it worth the online time for more than a few people.

As FSOTY, I am learning so much about how this MJF Connection works because I am spending more time getting to know people and working on opportunities to connect. What I am learning is that there are not really any rules and the larger group is very loosely held together by Farmgirls who come and stay as their time allows. This flexibility allows people to come and go but always feel welcomed when they do have time to connect. This is a huge plus for so many people but it also makes it a challenge to narrow the rules in a HenHouse without making people feel like they cannot commit. You know what I mean here? It seems to me that one big underlying fact is that most people don't want to feel like they are committed to participating in any prescribed way or on a regular basis. From my perspective, most come here for fun and support when they can. Some drop out for long periods when family and life gets them busy. As a result, I am not sure how you apple rules to membership without making people leave. I wish I had more ideas on what to do here.

I agree with everyone here that we just have to keep communicating here online and tossing our ideas and questions so that we can regroup and move forward.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  07:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
You have brought up many good points. I am hesitant until I hear from Brian as I will have some of my questions answered at that time. I don't want to get to carried away just yet so if it feels like I am putting on the skids I am. I want to give him a chance to answer me. I have always thought that the hen house was a smaller community where it is possible to get to know each other on a more personal basis than the big forum. I would like a chance to gather some thoughts and answers before we get ahead of ourselves.
I agree that keeping in place what we had is a great idea.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  11:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise,

When you're having fun, it's not work! ;o) That's what I mean about not wanting to put any work into it. I want it to be fun and when you're having a great time, things get done because it brings pleasure and a sense of well being.

As for badges, it's all voluntary. If I want to start a topic on it because I'm working on one and want to share, I can do that. No one needs to follow but if they want to join me, I would be more than happy to assist. I love sharing my knowledge.

To answer your post regarding the monthly porch chat and newsletter, I'm all for no newsletter. As much as I appreciate the work and effort that goes into it, I think keeping everything online is the easiest and simplest. As I've mentioned, I just want to grab a cuppa and enjoy everyone. I'm for this concept. I like the idea of breaking it down to various months just for filing/retrieval purpose. It's always nice to go back and see what everyone was up to that month.

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  11:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carole! I am glad you gals are letting me know what you're thinking. Sherry does a great job on the newsletter but she can't do it without us and our input. It will only be as good as we can contribute to it. This is what I am looking for. Thoughts on these things from all of you. I am hoping we can be somewhat different from the main forum since we are a smaller group.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  11:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amber, I hope you stay.
Originally, when Brenda and I founded this HH......... more local get togethers were the intent of this HH. We did meet up once or twice for some lovely farmgirl days and outings, and did a couple badges together as a group. But there were just a few of us at that time (in Ks/Mo.......hence SPG)
Thru time, some due to life and health issues had to leave. Many others requested to join that were in other states so it then became more of an online community.

I'm not always able to be on or as involved as I would like either. Do what is comfortable for your life and your needs. I think that is fine with everyone!

Hugs,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/

Edited by - prayin granny on Oct 10 2014 11:58:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  12:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
So glad you have posted. I was curious as to how the group got started and the original purpose. :)

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  12:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I can find a couple pics of our farmgirl outing I will post here. The pics were saved on another phone .

Denise, if I can help you with info, I am happy to. With current health issues I'm just limited more these days.
I've even weighed long and hard with continuing my own involvement at various times this year. But if it's ok that I have busier/quieter times here in the HH, I would like to stay.

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  12:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda

I had no idea that is how it got started, Great to know the history a little bit.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  1:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda for the original history. Time has a way of changing everything but it also offers us an opportunity to see what will be a new and workable situation now. I think it would be easier if we all lived close enough to meet as a group every now and then. Being together adds a dimension that the online cannot provide. Alas, from way down here in Florida to way out there in CA, our new HH will need to be online which is thankfully a forum we are all used to.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  2:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly Winnie!! It has definitely evolved and changed since beginning I believe about 4 years ago.
I think with time, distance etc, the online format works. Those of you closer , get together when able.

But for most of us, travel and get togethers aren't really an option.
Join in when and with what you are able.

I agree with everyone in that this should be a place of enjoyment, no pressure, no stress.

And please everyone.......we don't know what happened.......don't really need to.......but open communication I think is important and remembering to treat each other in ways we would hope to be treated.

Yikes, I think I went on too much......sorry

Blessings,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  7:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was good linda, I agree with all you said.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  06:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been thinking about this and I talked it over with JT and he thinks it will be more than I can handle to lead the Hen House. I already let Brian know so all it takes is contacting him and letting him know who will be his contact here. I really enjoy all of you gals but I won't be able to fill this spot. I hope that someone else will be willing to take it on. Especially if you already have a vision for what you would like to see this group become. I do appreciate all the support from you all. My husband knows me well and he knows what my limitations are so I am following his advice.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  07:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise ,
That's ok. It does take more than people might think. It's ok to do what's right for yourself.

Hugs,
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  09:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are with you Denise just having you in the Hen House is great as well, That is hard work for one person.
Your health is more important and your husband knows you best.

Take care and have a good Saturday.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Regarding Our Hen House Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page