sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You never know how much our Mama Hen done until you don't have one any more. Does anyone else feel lost? I have received several phone calls about where do we go from here, so that is my question to you.
The Scattered Prairie Gals Hen House was a very active one, and Debbie tried very hard to keep it that away. So I feel we should try and keep this hen house going till we have a very willing soul who would like to step up and take the lead on this. I have enjoyed doing the info sheet for everyone and the newsletters, but I do not want to be over it all that is a big job and whoever decides to do it will need lots of help and maybe that is what Debbie needed. So I guess what we all need to decide is are we in or out and if you are in what part of this hen house would I like to help with. There is a great group of ladies in this hen house and I feel thankful that I have gotten you know so many of you. Please just let me know how you feel about all of this. I do have an interested gal that said she would be our leader if all agrees. We need someone that the main farm can contact if need be. I am not the best writer when it comes to things like this so please forgive me if I have not made it clear, please post, ask question or email me and lets see what we can do to make this a great hen house again. Thanks

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  12:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in Sherry. I would like to see the hen house continue to be active. I will help in whatever way is needed to keep us going. This is a great group and I have always enjoyed being able to be part of it. I do agree we need to find out who is still interested in participating in Scattered Prairie Gals. I hope everyone will weigh in on this.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 07 2014 2:14:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  2:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to stay in. Myself and Brenda (classygram) were the the starting momma hens of SPG. I can say it is work and some expense. As health and family lives changed.....we had to step back ourselves.

I'm not able to be as involved as perhaps I might like. But I would like to remain a member, and contribute as I am able to.

Feeling a bit lost myself, as you, Sherry.

Blessings,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  2:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry,
I am in, I don't know what I can do but I will do it the best I can, but not the head Hen.

I have thinking about this and told myself that we are going through a period of grieving. Grieving for the loss of Debbie in the Hen House and grieving for the loss of the others. We need to pull together and talk and work together so we can figure out how we can make the SPG continue on and be the best that we can be and know how to be. I think communication has a big part of it. If a problem arises we need to know or someone does so we can help or put a stop to it, If there is a gripe it shouldn't be on one person. If we all want to make it work here we need to be a team of some sort and really work together. I would be happy to be a connection of some sort. I love everyone of you and don't want to see any one hurting or angry. I feel this will help if someone gets ill or needs support some how that they can't get elsewhere.
Well it is a idea anyway.

hugs and I am definitely in for the duration.

love you and blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Oct 07 2014 2:29:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved all you shared, Darlene......well said.

Hugs, linda

Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  2:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I just joined. I have no idea what is needed or what is going on, however, I joined because I knew so many of the group. Since then most that I knew are no longer in the hen house but I would still like to hang in there. Sherry and Julie I met you this summer and enjoyed our brief visit. I want to stay.

Smile a lot everyone will wonder what you are up to.
Marilyn
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  2:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear from you Darlene you say it like it needs to be said thank you. Marilyn glad you want to hang with us. We have a lot to offer. Linda and Brenda yea! And you too Denise. Darlene beautiful pictures.

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  3:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene you are so right.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  9:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Marilyn, I am glad your here too. It isn't going to be easy but we can do it.

Good night sweet ladies, see you tomorrow.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  05:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
I am glad you are going to stay and I look forward to getting to know you! This really is a great place to be.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  10:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone!

hugs and hugs for you all.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone else? Surely more than just us 5 ladies?

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  10:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes there are more I am sure, they just don't get on I think.

How are you today?

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  1:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know there are more but some are busy this time of year with their gardens and farms.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  3:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chickies, Sorry I have not been on, but I went south last Friday for my daughter's 50th Birthday Surprise Party. I fell on Saturday and have been pretty much unable to walk or sit on a hard chair :(! Thank the Lord I didn't break anything, but have major bone bruising and pulled muscles. I can't put weight on my right leg, so having to use a walker to get around! I have so much to do, and I can do pretty much nothing - grrrrr!!!
I plan on staying, but was actually thinking about leaving (has nothing to do with whatever happened), but I find I'm not having as much time to spend as I would like to with the Hen House. Pretty much don't get on MJF at all anymore. Life has been hectic for us of late. Our son is being deployed to Afganistan next Wednesday, so we are planning a quick trip to Fayetteville to see he and his family. So with that said, I cannot do much to help in any way! I think Debbie did an awesome job keeping us all together, informed, encouraged, etc. It will be a lot of work for who ever decides to take it on! I have enjoyed every minute I have been part of the Henhouse, and thank you all for your love and support!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  4:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Ruth, I hate that you are hurt, that is not fun at all especially. When you have so much to do. We would love to have you stay not asking for much just do what you have been doing. Denice and I were just trying to see if everyone still wants to keep the hen house going. Please take care of your self have a safe trip to your sons and tell him thank you for doing what he does for all of us. And we will talk more when you get back.
Take care.
Hugs

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  4:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh Ruth, I am so sorry you have hurt yourself! I do hope you will feel better as the days move forward and the soreness subsides. We all understand the issue of having too much to do these days. It seems like life keeps staying complicated.

I came to the HenHouse in August so I don't really have much of an idea of all that you were doing and that Debbie was coordinating. My guess is that every leader has their own style with these things and there is no "must do it this way" formula. Going forward, if the house stays open, the group can organize it however works for them. If everyone wants to keep the mission together, I am happy to stay as well. However, being FSOTY at present, I have several time consuming tasks that I am doing each month which I volunteered to do. If I stay here, I won't have any free time to do much except participate.

I have been thinking about all of this and wish I had some better ideas, but I don't. We all live so far apart, and already participate on the main Chatroom Forum. Both take up precious time if we get super busy, so it is hard to know if we will have extra time to devote to administrative duties of a HenHouse. One thing for sure, if it turns out that the HenHouse closes, we can all still visit and be friends on the main forum. We won't lose out on checking in and doing the things we love to do like swaps or sharing or asking for extra prayers of support. None of that will be taken away from us.

I guess where this is going in my mind is this. If nobody is in a place to devote more time to being the HenHouse leader, we can all still be connected in the larger group. As you know, there are many great Farmgirls who are not in a HenHouse but who are active all the time on the forum. We are not limited to having a good time just by being in a HenHouse. People's lives are so busy these days and it is understandable that most Farmgirls feel they are just too booked with family and other obligations.

As others weigh in and consider the big picture, I feel certain, a sensible answer will emerge. But, we will not lose our friendships because thankfully, we have the main forum to support all of us!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  4:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth,
So sorry to hear you have been laid up. It's no fun not being able to get around.
I do hope you have a good trip to see your son. Appreciate what he does for our country. Will keep him in prayers for his safe keeping.
As Sherry said we would love to have you stay!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  6:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Ruth, I am so sorry you are hobbling along. I hope you start feeling better soon. As to the Hen House, I really don't know what I am doing yet. Right now we are extremely busy with harvest, cattle, family and life in general so I have decided not to make any decisions until after the holidays. When I joined the hen house I told Debbie there were times when I couldn't participate a lot and that is what it is like right now. I still stop by and read what everyone is up to when I have time and Sherry and I talk on the phone so she keeps me informed too. I'll stop in when I can, but know all of you are in my thoughts, I know things will get straightened out eventually.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  6:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Julie, talk with you soon

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  7:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Ruth,
You take care of yourself and Rest as you can, and heal. Enjoy it as well as you can when you go to see your son and please tell him He is in my prayers and thank you so much for serving. I also want to say thanks to you and Your son's family for the service you all do in supporting him in his service.
My prayers go with you all.
I know I am staying unless they kick me out, I love it here and they don't push you here when you aren't on all the time. Just checking in helps all of us and if we really want to get involved the door is open to do that too.

My prayers are with you in your healing and your trip to Fayetteville.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  8:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way what is involved in being the head of a HH?

Just curious?
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  06:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as the Hen House itself, it will continue. It would be good to know, after all that has transpired, who wants to stay and who doesn't so that we can know how best to move forward. I am willing to to do whatever needs to be done in order for the group to go on. I really want this group to stay active. I am willing to lead and be the contact for the main farm if you all are willing to have me. I would definitely be in need of help. But as I said, only if you gals are willing to have me do it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  06:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, that is fine by me :)

Ruth, so sorry. Take care and allow yourself to mend.

Hugs to everyone this morning

Blessings
Linda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  09:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes Denise I think you would be a good leader, if I can help in any way let me know.

hugs and good morning to you all

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  09:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Denise you will do great. Thank you

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Regarding Our Hen House Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page