Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Home from Hawaii with 3000 photos!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Home from Hawaii with 3000 photos! Next Topic  

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  11:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
I am home safe and sound after 3 weeks in Hawaii with family and friends. Yes, the weather was a bit challenging, but I still got to swim in the ocean everyday and enjoy some time without shoes or layers of clothing! The first day on Oahu we went to see and photograph the 45 foot waves on the North Shore beaches. Wow! Scary but amazing. I always feel awed by standing on the "solidified fire" of the islands, knowing that I am 2200 miles from the west coast of the mainland US on one side, and Fiji at over 3000 miles in the other direction.

Our 4 month old grandson is amazing (yes, yes, I know I've said that before and reserve the right to continue) and has developed so much personality in the last 2 months. Jessica and Danny are fabulous parents and it was so lovely to spend time with the entire extended family on Oahu.

My computer laptop that was in the repair shop with an estimate of 2 weeks, did not return in time to take on the trip (I gave it 6 weeks), and also did not show up repaired while visiting Hawaii, so add another 3 weeks and we are now at 9 weeks. So, I basically have been incommunicado for the entire time.

As I get settled home I will post some photos, just wanted to say hi, and a few personal thank yous for notes, cards, and small gifts that were waiting when I arrived home.

Debbie, that was seriously the WORST Superbowl experience of my long-legged life...no offense meant to you, Peggy. The Broncos played like a high school team after spring break. By mid-third quarter I was out on the lanai watching a whale slap the tail fluke of its enormous body over and over. About how I felt. And it might be my imagination, but the ads were not as funny as the last few years.

I am SO happy your surgery went well, and you are home and recovering. Ditto for Michele, on the home part!

Sue, it sounds like your teapot is a cast iron one.
I loved catching up on all the fun Secret Sister thank you posts!

Sadly, I also caught up on Kathy leaving the henhouse.

At any rate, I've made it through the bills and the bank statement, now on to lunch and more catching up on laundry before my next round of internet reward.
take care,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  1:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rain, Welcome back :)! Glad you enjoyed your precious time with family. Nothing quite like those grandkids :)! Mine are all grown, with the exception of a 12 year old grandson, now we are experiencing the excitement of watching our granddaughter's raising their children, with their hubbies! Where does the time go? All I know is to enjoy every minute of every day that you have, as they go by way too fast!
Looking forward to seeing some of the 3000 photo's you took :)!
hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  1:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain,

It sounds like you had a good time in Hawaii and I bet watching that whale was awesome.
I am glad your back,

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  2:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Rain, Watching that wave would be very exciting to me. Don't overdo on the first week back. It will be there next week too.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  2:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent point, Sherry! (says Rain, folding load of laundry number 4)

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Home from Hawaii with 3000 photos! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page