True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  06:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone,
Seems like it's been ages since I have visited the Hen House and the front porch. I hope everyone enjoyed thier Memorial Day. Our little community does a beautiful program that we attended in honor of all the local military. For all those enjoying thier grands, I totally understand the not getting anything done while they are here, but they will only be small for a short time so enjoy. With being so busy right now I am not seeing mine much, but they call me everyday and if I am in a field close to thier house I stop in for a quick hug. Nothing like granny driving up in a tractor. Hope mama hen is having a good time on her vacation. Have a great day all.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  1:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
House cleaning can wait! Turn around twice and those babies will be grown, having babies. I am a witness to that very thing! Our girls will be 48 and 50 this year, and I can not believe it! Our grands, range in age from 28 down to 12! and our great grands, go from 7 to almost one year! I don't know where the first year of Adleyn's life has gone, but she is growing up right before our eyes!
Sue, you can get little things done when that sweet girl "plays or sleeps", but then it is fun just to watch them play and sleep, and just marvel at the miracle that they are.
I think you will be able to get more done as you settle in to being a full time day, Grammy! Just enjoy :)
hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  1:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just wanted to share with all of you my new Summer Sandal, note the nice color blue on the bottom, my favorite color! It will go with most anything I wear capris, dress and skirts, so I can not complain.

We went to the lake last Saturday so the kids could go kayaking, and to sit on the dock, visit and enjoy the water, and we did up to a point. My BIL, SIL and of course Tom were trying to help get one of the kids out of the kayak and onto the deck when the deck gave way. At the same time my BIL is saying maybe you should not get out on this side of the dock, at that moment it collapsed, I of course sprang into action to help Tom (I did not want him hurt anymore) who was trying to catch my SIL who was trying to catch her hubby my BIL, Kent and my nephew also sprang into action while the others looked on with disbelieve shock! Thank goodness the lake was not very deep, my BIL went totally into the water, my SIL half way and Tom just his feet. Thankfully none of them were hurt and none of the kids. I turned with Tom and Kent to walk back to the upper deck and my foot caught in one of the boards on the deck and down I went. I hurt my knees and yes the shoulder I just had surgery on and sprain my ankle with a hairline facture. So 3-6 weeks in my lovely spring boot! And truthfully I am alright with the injury as it could have been so much worse for my BIL, SIL and Tom but none of them were hurt and none of the kids. After we all sat down, got ice on my foot and it elevated I had to pee. Yep, that is right what timing, well we all cracked up laughing so hard we were crying and yes you know the rest.
So, that is what I did on my summer vacation.
We had plans for after we left our families home to go to Hannibal, Missouri and on through Nebraska for some sightseeing and to pick up some souvenirs. Needless to say that did not happen as I could not walk and was using a walker, I sat in the back all the way home for 2 days with my leg in the air and yes only stopping to pee!

Missed y'all and glad to be home.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on May 30 2014 08:24:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  2:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Debbie, I can so relate! I broke my foot in Plymouth, MA just as our vacation started :(! Needless to say vacation was cut short, and I had my foot stuck into the air conditioner vent, to help keep the swelling down driving back to Georgia! This is what memories are made of :)! So thankful there were no serious injuries!
A friend of ours had a dock fall on her and crushed her leg, this happened one and a half years ago, and she is still not good!
Sorry you didn't get to finish your vacation, but again thankful you nor any one else was hurt bad!
The boot is not fun "summer attire", but hopefully it won't be too warm there till after you get the boot off!
Glad you are home, sweet home!
love you
Ruthie

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  2:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here is a picture of our beautiful niece with myself, Tom and Kent after graduation Firday night, we are so happy we were able to be a part of Andrea's graduation s she is our God Daughter as well.

Thank goodness I live in Colorado and not Georgia, California or one of the other states that have humidity and so hot in the summer. We do not have much humidity and it does not usually get hot, hot here so it should not be too bad.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  6:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O My My My Debbie! How awful but I guess you were lucky had to wear one of those boots once too yuck but its better than a regular cast! Hows the shoulder though, are you going to have that checked out? Well I guess you for sure will be relaxing this summer!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9580 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9580 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  05:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
So sorry your vacation had to be cut short but glad it was not worse for any of you. Will pray for quick healing. I do hope you enjoyed the vacation time you did have.
Hoping your time in the boot goes quickly. Now you will have time for stitching, reading or whatever else you can do with that on.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  08:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Oh for heaven sakes! What an odd thing to happen on a deck. Not pretty good. Well the bright side is you have a new shoe. I will be thinking of you and hope for a very fast recovery.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  08:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was the boat dock at the lake where we put in and out the kayak, too much weight on one dock.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, all will be good and recovery will go fast.
Sue I see Physical Therapist Tuesday for shoulder, so we will see. It is just sore.
Have a beautiful weekend everyone.
Remember the tea cup swap I will post partners on Sunday June 1st.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  7:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

Debbie, that's quite the news! Wishing you a speeding recovery!

Lot's happening here. Recently back from Spring market in Pittsburgh. What a blast it was. Love going to market. So much to see, so much to learn. But, I'm exhausted. I think the 11 hours ride back did me in. Well, I'll blame it on that! ;o)

Our garden is in. We had a difficult time finding plants this year. The weather was so cold that we waited later than usual. It's still is somewhat cold. Heck I had the heat on the other day! But I am thankful for the lovely weather we have had. Did set up the pool. I do hope to use is more this year as opposed to last year. Seemed all I did was vacuum the darn thing.

Finished knitting my very first pair of socks. I was an avid knitter in my early 20s, with many complex sweaters under my belt, but I had never knitted a pair of socks. You all should know that I knit with French patterns. So I decided to try English patterns and voila my first pair of socks

I'm hooked! I can see lots of knitted socks in my future! lol I will admit, the wool and silk combination feels so good on my tootsies! Addictive!

Well just thought I'd drop in to let you know I'm still around! I do keep up with the front porch chatter!

Keep well everyone!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  12:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice socks Carole! I so wish I could knit and crochet, but my hands just won't let me :(! I admire everyone else's talent though! I love fiber of all kinds. Dave and I went to a Fiber Fair in New Hampshire a few years ago, oh my goodness! We went from farm to farm and people were knitting, spinning, all the fun stuff that goes with it! I enjoyed every minute. It probably is a good thing that I can't knit or crochet, or I would be in big trouble!
I love bamboo socks, but don't know if they sell yarn to make them.
Enjoy your re discovered love of knitting!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  12:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Socks Carole, like you once I knitted a pair I was hooked, so I know what you mean about making more. It is a great winter project.
Ruth, Julie sent me some Bamboo Yarn for the hats for soldiers and I believe I can make a pair of socks out of it as well, the perfect yarn!
It is raining here today so I am working on my flag afghan, Peggy found the pattern for me, I would love to have it finished by 4th of July so we will see.
Happy Saturady everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  2:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I so wish I knew what happens to a post that I am writing, and it just goes "poof gone"!
Starting over :(!
Debbie, Since you can't be up running around with your pretty boot, I'll bet you can get your 4th of July project finished :)!
Happy to see that Julie found the bamboo yarn :)! Would it be a good weight to knit socks with? or is it too heavy? Just curious :)
How is your foot AND your shoulder?
My sweet tooth is screaming, think I'm going to go bake something :)!
Hugs to all
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  3:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, my sweet tooth was whispering to me too so I took a loaf of pumpkin bread out of the freezer. Just finished 2 batches of apricot jam. Carole your socks look so cozy. Wish I could knit, I love knitted socks. Debbie I can't wait to see your finished afghan. I am debating between starting an embroidery project or something out of some yummy alpaca wool I just got from Finland. I am planning a triangular scarf for my daughter and maybe a pair of fingerless gloves as part of her Christmas gift. The yarn is 2ply lightweight and soooo soft. Other than some fence fixing and getting cattle out to pasture this week we are finally getting caught up a little around here. Can't wait to get started on my summer list.

Was in the big box store early this morning and happened to walk by the bike display. They had the prettiest bike for women. I am thinking I need to bring one home. Haven't had a new bike in many, many years but sure wouldn't mind riding with the grands. Just don't know how it would do on all my gravel roads II will show you a picture if it follows me home on my next trip to town.

Time to think about some supper. Meatloaf sounds good tonight.
Hugs to all
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 31 2014 :  6:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, So funny you should mention a bike :)! I was looking at them at WalMart today, just wondering IF I could ride one. I have not been on a bike in many a year, and we live in the mountains. Our road is very steep, however it is now paved. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing :)! We do have a park that is flat and paved, but I would have to haul the bike there to be able to ride. Maybe I need a fold-up bike, now that is a thought! We have an old Schwinn bicycle built for two in the basement. Last time we got on that, we both ended up in the ditch . LOL! Thankfully we were not hurt bad.
Oh well, enough chatter for now. Julie let me know if it follows you home, and if it does I would love to see a photo of it!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  6:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look what followed me home today girls. I had to take mom to her hearing aid appt. and stopped at Walmart. It was calling my name so loudly I just couldn't leave it in the store. Isn't it sweet. I love the basket on the front. I have already taken it for 2 short rides. Holy Moly it was a lot easier when I was younger. I am going to have to do some serious riding and build up my stamina if I want to keep up with my 2 granddaughters up the road. Want to get one more ride in before dark so see ya later!

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  7:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it Julie, it is sweet! Looks like one I had when I was 16, have fun.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  7:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Debbie, it is so much fun. I have never had a new bike, always had someone's hand me down so this one is extra special.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  8:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your bike Julie,
Carole your socks look so cuddly and comfy, and I love the color.
That is really a nice graduation picture Debbie, I am glad you had a wonderful time there.
I think Colorado has drier air there and not much humidity.
It isn't too humid here which is nice. I know I went to Illinois once and the humidity there was awful, I felt wet all the time.

Debbie you take care of yourself and don't get hurt any more ok.

blessings to you all.
love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  11:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie...great minds must think alike because I have wanted a New Bike for about 6 months.
That one is lovely and I do like the basket on it too.

Enjoy!!!!

Love & Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  11:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie,
love the bike. great color, and the basket is really cute.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  3:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie I just love your new bike.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  4:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you believe that two of my appliances broke at the same time :/
My refrigerator and my washer
Geez, I need another job lol

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness, that happen rarely, I am so sorry. Now you can tell hubby you need to eat out and you need new clothes:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  4:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, that won't work. Debbie I just saw your poor foot photos. I'm so sorry. When will it come off that special looking shoe lol

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page