Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  3:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we found out that Hannah's mom (Joanie) is having a boy and Laura is having a girl.
they are very excited. I'm happy that Joanie will have one of each now and I think Hannah will be a great big sister to her little brother.
Anyway, I told you all that I hand made all the invitations for Laura's shower. Well, she wants me to take a picture of them all so she can develop the picture and place it in a frame for the baby's room. So when I do that, I will post the picture here so you can all see the invitations.

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  07:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Chickies, I know I have not been around much but I have been helping a friend/neighbor who is going through a personal struggle and it has taken all of my time and energy.

Jule, is your MIL back home fron AZ? I know she was thrilled to come home to a nice clean house. Any calves yet?

Joan it was wonderful talking to you on the phone yesterday, and I hope your next visit to the doctor he will be able to help you to feel better. How wonderful that your daughters will be able to share their baby shower together, what a wonderful memory it will be for the both of them. I will share with everyone later my Living Locket Neclace as yes I did figure out how to put everything together by looking at the picture in the catalog you sent. Thank you sweet Joan.

Peggy the pizza and eggplant parmesan did taste pretty darn good it I must say so myself.

Ruth so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit with your daughters, grand and great grands, I sure did enjoy the pictures on facebook.

Sherry, now you can take a breather, rest and enjoy doing your own thing now that the information sheets are finished and in the mail. Thank you again sweet Sherry for all your hard work.

Darlene glad you are learning about other religions and how they celebrate the Easter Season, I too find it all so interesting reading about different religions and their traditions.

Everyone thank you again for your participation in Our Animal Family thread, all the animals are just so sweet and the stories you tell are wonderful.

I have posted another thread this morning for an Easter Card Swap.

Please let us continue to keep Brandy and her family in our hearts, thoughts and prayers at this very difficult and horrific time, as well as all the families who have missing love ones. I did see Brandy's photo on the nationl news last night as one of the loved ones still missing. God Bless them all.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 27 2014 07:46:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  10:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Debbie for all your caring words and just being there to care.

Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  05:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning My Chickies~

It is 5:30am, 19 degrees out and I have a nice roaring fire in the stove, hubby is still sleeping so it is just me and my girls enjoying a nice quiet morning. Yesterday I was up at 4:15 what the heck, not sure why I am waking up so early. I have always been an early riser but since my surgery it has felt good to sleep in, guess I am starting to feel like my old self again and I love, love our beautiful morning sky and watching the sun come up, there is nothing like it.

Yesterday I made Gluten Free Chocolate Chips Cookies, they were so yummy. Today I will make GF Peaunt Butter Cookies, they are my favorite. Even though it is an adjustment trying to go Gluten Free and eat Organic it is not so bad really! And so far I have managed to make everything taste good, practice, practice, good thing I like to cook.

Hope to get into my Stitching Room today and make a couple of pillows for our couches in the living room, I am thinking Spring Fabric.

Well, it is suppose to be warmer today and the rest of the week so we will see, I will believe it when it happens.

Chickies have a beautiful day and I hope all of you are looking forward to the weekend.

Have a fun day and Please be Happy.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  11:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like I have been MIA but have had things to take care of for dad so haven't been able to do much on the computer other than email and an occasional peruse of face book. Sometimes fb tires me out so I am glad to get a break from it.
Thanks for taking the time to chat with me today Julie. It was a blessing.
Hope everyone is well and hope our Mama hen is getting healed up now.
At the moment it is quiet here but the grands with be here tomorrow so I will savor the quiet while I can.
It is nearly 3 pm and I just realized I haven't eaten yet today so I'd better go grab something.
Enjoy your day everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 28 2014 11:54:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  5:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Everyone,
How has everyone been! Debbie and Sherry it was so good to talk to both of you yesterday. I so wish we lived closer. Denise thank You for calling today, that was a nice surprise!

Ruth, sounds like you have a fun weekend planned antiquing with your girls. Can't wait to hear of your treasures. Tammy, saw your Easter decorations, beautiful as always. Darlene you bible study sounds very interesting. Joan you must be really busy with 2 grand babies coming and trying to get ready for a baby shower.

We are having a few days of nice weather. Well it was 37 today, I was outside in a light jacket pruning raspberry canes. I still have a snow bank under my clothesline though. It is supposed to hit 50 tomorrow. I plan on washing off the deck and getting the patio furniture out of my garden room in the barn. We will have to move soon from the fireside to the patio. Have started several trays of seeds. In the next few weeks I will get my little green house set up so I can put everything in there.

Have a great evening every one.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  6:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening sweet friends, It is great to be on here chatting with you even though i don't have much to say. It is just nice to be on here.
I had a training thing to go to where I work at school and it was a long day, I,m tired.
Were getting rain today and supposed to get about 3 inches by Sunday. Maybe sometimes it goes around us. It rained hard the other day and so I went out and wiped my car clean and expected the rain to rinse it and it stopped raining. Wouldn't you know it. Maybe it will rinse it today.

Anyway you ladies have an awesome week-end and be blessed.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  07:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning my SPG's .... it's a dreary day in Staten Island today. No sun, just rain. But I hear the many beautiful birds singing in my garden which makes me very happy and cheerful :)
How is everyone today? Any plans that are exciting for any of you today.

Joan Nordquist

Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  07:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is my beautiful Living Locket that I ordered from Joan and she helped me to create, I just love it, each little charm represents something to me in my life. The tag Blessed is how I feel to live in Colorado,to have my Family, all my friends, neighbors and last but never least all my Farmgirl Sisters I have in this Coop. In the locket is a heart that says family, a small pearl,a small pink and white cameo, as my hubby gave me a Pearl Necklace and a Cameo Ring years ago and I love them, they represent love to me, and my sweet friend Joan added the jeweled dog bone to represent my Animal Family and my home which is the center of my world when my family gathers. So you see a story of my life so to speak. I have Joan's Catalog and I will add more charms as things happen in my life and mean something to me. Together Joan and I will design one in July for my Bestest and Dearest Friend in Savannah who will be 60 and is a 4 year Cancer Survivor and my hero. I want the Living Locket to be so very special for Les and I know Joan can help me with that.

So, it is honor to share my Living Locket with all of you as you are a part of it. Check out Joan's website http://nordquist.origamiowl.com and let her help you create your Living Locket of Memories.

Thank you so much Joan.

Good Morning Chickies~
It was 14 degrees when I got up at 6am and now it is a balmy 28. It will warm up then we will take a long walk in the woods across the way from our home and look for antlers. I found two yesterday morning so I am beyone thrilled.
This weekend I will work on crafts, yesterday I made 3 pillows for my couch and a doily out of vintage bark cloth I have had for years, Did not know what to do with the fabric so I made pillows, they turned out pretty good I will take pictures.

Making Gluten Free Shepard's Pie for Dinner tonight from my new The Gluten Free Bible, I am getting pretty good at this GF cooking.

Have a beautiful, warm and happy family weekend everyone.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 29 2014 11:18:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  10:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Debbie, I am sitting here reading what you wrote about the Living Locket and I'm teary eye. Just reading what you wrote I can hear your voice so happy and comforted. I know you will love wearing your "story" as much as I loved creating it for you. My dearest friend, I love you very much.

Joan Nordquist

Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  11:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, now who has who crying, I think you are pretty special too, Joan.

Love you bunches too,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  08:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Chickies~

It is a beautiful morning here in sunny Colorado, suppose to be warmer today than yesterday which will be wonderful. Guess I will take my craft out to the deck and work on it, that is if the wind does not kick up like it has been.

Quiet Day today no plans, PT Monday and Wednesday, then we are off Friday morning for hubby's birthday adventure, I will take lots of pictures.

Darlene maybe I will see a moose and get a picture for you.

Have a beautiful Sunday and I will chat with y'all later.

Please Be Happy.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  1:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chickies, Debbie, your necklace is beautiful! Joan did an amazing job on it capturing you! How fun it will be to wear your "life's story" :)!
My daughter's and two of our granddaughters just left after a fun filled weekend! We went the Chattanooga yesterday for the day - it was not the best day weather wise, but could have been much worse and it didn't rain on our fun time together. We went to Aretha Frankenstien's for Breakfast, then antiquing, then had a late lunch and headed home, arrived here about 9 pm and we were tired!!
Church this morning, then Dave took all his girls for Mexican, them home to dig up some plants for my girls to share. Now resting a bit, along with doing some laundry. I love time with my family :)!
Hope you all are having a great weekend as well!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  3:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon every one, It is good to be here, Church service was wonderful and the food was great!
Oh Debbie I would love it if you got a picture of a moose, I didn't know later that Colo. had moose for a long time.
Anyway I bet you will have a wonderful adventure with you hubby for his birthday.
The necklace really is beautiful.
Our weather is ok today and is not raining but we got quite a bit of rain Friday and Saturday, and the river looks like a river again. We may get more this week. Were still in a draught though. life goes on.

You all have a wonderful afternoon.

blessings and love

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  05:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Chickies~

Been up again bright and early this morning, since 4:30 am, I do not mind at all getting up early but this is crazy!

Check out my new topic I wrote this morning, I think you might like it.

Darlene I will see what I can do about getting you that picture of a moose.

Ruth, the necklace is amazing, who would have thought I could tell my story with a necklace, I love it!

Joan, I hope you are very successful with your new business as I think you can reach so many folks who have a story to tell of their life, and they make great gifts. I believe Joan's daughter gave her a Living Locket for her 10 year anniversary as a Cancer Survivor and that is how she found out about Origami Owls. Very Special.

I have Physical Therapy today and grocery shopping, I get to go shopping for a Spring Swap I am doing on the forum, I have made it a garden theme. Seeds, gardening gloves, little things in a cute flower pot, it will be a fun swap.

Have a beautiful warm day and Please Be Happy.

Next month I will be surprising a chickie with a phone call, will it be you?

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  06:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, it's another raining/snowy day here. I just don't know what "mother nature" is doing lately. lol
Debbie, I'm so glad you love your locket. How are you feeling? Last time we spoke you just had physical therapy and I know how uncomfortable it is after.
So I decided my daughter's shower theme will be "Deer Baby Girl". Laura loves deers so we came up with a theme around baby deers. LOL.
I hope it comes out good. My daughter Joan and myself will be making everything from decorations, to food, to favors.
Oh boy, I better get started lol
Love you all

Joan Nordquist

Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon everyone,
We are in a full blizzard. It started this morning and so far we have several inches of snow and the wind is gusting up to 55 mph. I can't see over to the barn at times. Glad we were able to lock all the cows in the barn last night, but sure feel sorry for those who are in the middle of calving much larger herds and have to do it out side. Makes me glad we sold cows last month. School was canceled last night already, so glad the grands are home safe and sound.

I have spent the day sewing. Finished a couple of sun dresses and started a couple of more. With 4 growing grand daughters there is always a need for new clothes. I made taco soup this morning in the crock pot and it is starting to smell so good.

Debbie I found a set of deer sheds on my lawn Saturday.

Back to the sewing machine. Have a great evening girls.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  4:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, Are deer sheds antlers???? Our dogs love to chew on them! We bought some in Colorado for them. We have them here, but they are so expensive :(! The good thing is that they last a long time. Speaking of dogs, i need to go feed them dinner. I should be in my sewing room....you are so smart to be making sundresses for your grands!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  4:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you going to do with them Julie? Yes, Ruth they are antlers, and the ones I find are all mine:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  7:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i was going to just toss them in the shed box we keep, but I am going to mail them to Ruth now. They are just from a little 2 point that always hangs around. I have a hard time comprehending someone paying for them when we either give them away or throw them away. Anyone else want some for their dogs to chew on?

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  04:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Finally the sun is out and it's nice and dry here.
Julie, thank you so much for your card, it put a smile on my face :)
I am doing better, I think what ever I had is finally saying "bye bye"
Today is a hectic day, my daughter and I will be shopping for Laura's shower. There are so many ideas out there and we keep changing our minds about everything lol. I will let you all know if we find something good.
Have a great day everyone.

Joan Nordquist

Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  11:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well good morning it is ok weather today but supposed to rain maybe today.
All is ok here today,
Blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2014 :  5:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, Thank you, thank you, thank you :) !!!! Puppies will be thrilled. I'm so happy you didn't throw them out! Debbie do your puppies chew on them as well?
We have deer around here, but I have never seen any antlers laying around! They were very reasonable when we bought them in Colorado, but not so here!
Thanks again!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  05:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never given any to our puppies guess I will have to try it, sounds like they would love them. So, yes Julie if you find 3 more little ones I would love to have them and see what they will do, I know they will love them.
Today it is cold, and we are suppose to get more snow, oh joy!
I will be gone most of the day in town with doctors appointments, and wonder if it will ever be our last one:-)
Take care my sweet chickies and I will talk to y'all later.
Have a beautiful day and Please Be Happy.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  5:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Evening Chickies, We had another pretty day, very Springy weather...some rain would actually be nice to wash some pollen away. Should be getting some on Friday. Going to work in our yard tomorrow while it is pretty. Our pipe froze on our little waterfall on our fish pond, so we will be taking part of the rocks down to repair that and get it running again. Our birdies sure do miss the waterfall, as they like to drink and bathe in it, plus the sound is wonderful sitting on our front porch - I miss that!!
Debbie, I pray all your appointments went well today! Was thinking about you and Tom! I sure hope he gets some answers soon.
Oh, a friend came over last THursday, and we Tie Dyed some things. I did a couple more pair of socks, and a shirt, Carol did two shirts and two pair of sock (her's were not bamboo though) She saw mine and loved the feel of them, so there will probably be some in her future.
Hope everyone has a wonderful night!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside Chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page