Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic update Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  2:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain has inspired me to post an update. And we are in the hotel with a bit of downtime.

First, I'm in NH for a visit. I have a cousin that is not doing well and the doctors have not given him much time. He has a tumor in his head at the spinal cord and it grew 2 cm since their last check as of today. He is very positive and I give him loads of credit because I'm not sure I would be as much as he is in the same situation.

On saturday we had a gathering to introduce Wyatt to my family, both my folks are from here. There were lots of relatives and it was nice to see everyone. My cousin was very self conscious about his weight, the steroids have him puffed up pretty bad. My darling social son decided to be bashful, except for another cousin that played with him quite a bit, He liked the pool, but his idea was to go in head first and we both were against that. It kept him entertained for a while. I did get lots of good pictures and he finally warmed up. We head home on Friday.

Wyatt has 8 teeth, and his back ones, I think, are trying to sprout. We've been fighting the night wakings for a long time. Nonetheless, I've been over the top sleep deprived and stupidly emotional. two days ago I fed him like crazy on top of the bottles and he got up twice to eat spread out and no in between. I was so excited. So we repeated it yesterday. So my "all boy" son has the metabolism of a boy. I can only imagine him as a teenager!

Now, if I can survive the "must be in mommy's arms all the time" stage.It wouldn't be so bad, but he has discovered that crying does wonders for getting what he wants. Mommy gives in, but then he doesn't always stop when he gets picked up like he doesn't know what he wants.... sigh.

Let's see, canning like crazy before this trip to get a little ahead, dehydrating cherry tomatoes and have apples slated for my return. The fruit harvest has been huge and we've been running busy since spring.

Laurie

Best Growing

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  4:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laurie,

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I don't think I could stay very upbeat if I were in his shoes.

You have my sympathy on the sleep deprivation. I went years with way too little sleep. I remember days of thinking I couldn't keep going. The first night my kids were finally all sleeping through the night I slept like a log. One of my kids came in to tell me something and couldn't even wake me. I think my body knew it finally had the chance to recover.

This time of Wyatt being small and demanding will be over before you know it and you'll wonder where the time went.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page