ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  09:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As part of earning my last Greatest Generation badge I wanted to share my experience with a couple ladies with whom I spend time. One is my mother-in-law who is in an assisted living situation. After my father-in-law passed away in August of 2007 she had to be moved off the ranch where she would have been fairly isolated, to a place where she could have more assistance. Time with her is spent in correspondence, visiting her, telephone visits, making things she needs and keeping watch over business matters that concern her.

The other lady is a dear, dear friend who just turned 90 and is the best fun! Time is spent in visiting with her which also includes social visits, playing table games, corresponding which includes notes, cards and phone calls. I also have been providing other information for her so she has addresses, phone numbers and such for other folks she wants to stay in contact with.
Spending time with her is a total hoot because she has such a positive attitude and best sense of humor. She is having trouble with her short term memory, but she knows it and admits it might be a problem. If appropriate we can have fun with that with her.

There's nothing like spending time with our "senior" family and friends to learn history, learn about how to maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor.

Thanks for letting me share!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

living life: www.snippetscja.blogspot.com
"the Purple Thistle": www.ceejay48.etsy.com
from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  09:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How Blessed you are to have these two precious ladies in your life CJ, and knowing you they are getting just as much from you as you give to them. There is nothing like love, care and just spending time with them, how wonderful it is y'all have each other.
I would say you are more than earning this badge.
Thank you for all you do for everyone, you are truly a special lady.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  09:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My turn! We have a 90 year old neighbor. She has watched as our now 17 month old year old grow. It's been so fun bringing him over. She loves to watch him and play with him. As he changes, she is just amazed. She doesn't get to see her grand kids or great grand kid too often, so we have adopted her. Sometimes we just talk. Once in a while we take a walk. She is so upbeat and fun to "hang" with. I'm glad our son has another grandmother.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Pam
Phoenix Arizona
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  7:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CJ,

It's a pleasure to read about your relationships, and Deborah and Laurie's too. We really do live in the shelter of each other, and this is a great example.

Pam

Pam
Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Our "Senior" Friends Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page