Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 I have some paper ribbon to get rid of...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic I have some paper ribbon to get rid of... Next Topic  

jenfulks
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Jennifer
Colorado Springs CO
USA
29 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  3:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with it, is it came from the home of a smoker and I can't get rid of the odor :( I have had it in a garbage bag with candles for 3 weeks trying to make it smell better. It worked with the other things she gave me, but not with this stuff. I have never worked with it before so I'm not even sure what it's used for lol. She just knows I do a lot of crafting and so she gave it to me. If anyone local would like to have it, or anyone that will be at the June get together, I can surly meet up with you to give it a new home. I just hate throwing stuff away. Especially because much of it has never been used, it's still in the packaging!

Just let me know :)

Thanks,

Jen

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  6:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it will work, but you might try putting a box of baking soda in with it. It will absorb ordors . . and might just help.
Who knows!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jenfulks
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Jennifer
Colorado Springs CO
USA
29 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  6:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey it's worth a shot! I was going to look up some projects for it, but I can't get over the smell. I will do that this week and see what happens. Thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we bought furniture for our house (had to rebuild after total loss of house in fire) we found a nice king-size bed and entire suite that was slightly used, but had been used by smokers. We moved it immediately into a storage unit so that smell could start dissipating while we were building the house. I put containers of baking soda in EVERY drawer of the chest of drawers, dresser and two night stands that had 2 drawers in them. I believe they were in the unit for about 2 months before we were ready to use them but it worked.
Hope it works!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  10:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever my kids come home and their clothes smell from being with smokers we hang them in the fresh air and sunshine. It always get rid of the smell. Maybe it would work with the ribbon.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic I have some paper ribbon to get rid of... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page