Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 Flowers and More Flowers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Flowers and More Flowers Next Topic  

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  4:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chicks,

Working on more Merit Badges and I wanted to share this link to MY FLOWER pictures . . . I love to take photos of flowers, scenery and candid shots.

Working on doing better at my flower pictures. I have been studying the photos and techniques of Tony Howell from England. WOW!!!!!

Thanks for letting me share!!
CJ

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/cjapianist/My%20Flowers/

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 04 2010 08:11:51 AM

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4028 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4028 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  07:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I love to take photos of flowers and in the mountains there are some beautiful ones as you already know CJ. Congrats on all the merit badges you have earned, I hope to get started soon, I tell you I just do not know where the time goes. I will take a look at the flowers you took photos of as I am sure there are quite a few different one in your area.
Thanks for sharing them all with us.
Hugs,
Debbie
If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Debbie,
Some of those flowers are wildflowers from my part of the Colorado Rockies, such as the light periwinkle/blue columbines, wild irises, wild roses . . . .
Many of them are in my own flower beds at my house.
Thanks for looking!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Rusty
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Rusty
Las Cruces NM
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  08:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CJ:
Great pictures. Congrats on earning more merit badges. Maybe someday I can get back to it.

Love-

Rusty
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  09:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will Rusty . . . you will!!!
I know how hard it is to care for a family member, but it is SO VERY IMPORTANT!!!
You are a TRUE BLUE FARMGIRL for being what you are for your mom!!!
Been there, done that . . . and it was hard!!! My mom has been gone for almost 17 years but I was there!!!!
HANG IN THERE MY FARMGIRL FRIEND!!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CJ,
Thanks for sharing. The pictures are beautiful! My favorites are of the rainbows but I'm always in awe of rainbows. I have never seen columbines such a deep purple. Are those growing in your yard? I planted a packet of columbine seeds several years ago that was a mix of colors. They did really well up until this year. They didn't bloom much this past summer but I'm not sure why.

I'm going to have to check out who Tony Howell is because I love photography and looking through other people's work.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I meant to say to Rusty that these moments with your mother are precious. There will always be time for the badges later but the time you are devoting to your mother is something special. I'm sure, Rusty, that you already know that but just wanted to let you know that I think you're a hero.

Love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathy,
The deep purple ones are in my yard . . . they are called "Remembrance" and were developed after the Columbine High School tragedy. But the wild mountain version of the Colorado columbine is my favorite flower!! I have many others in my yard in other colors. Tony has a website . . . his photos are just AMAZING!!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  11:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CJ,
I have just been looking through Tony's website and MY, OH, MY! His photos are gorgeous! I'd like to have the camera he uses. The clarity and color of his photos are awesome. Of course, my photos would not look like his. lol

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Diana
orofino ID
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  12:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Love tham all.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  7:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More stories on my photography excursions!

Photography is one of my hobbies and I became interested in it seriously because my FIL was. He owned several cameras and took photos of EVERYTHING!!! He also had a subscription to Photography magazine and I started checking the magazines out, his cameras and his pictures.

Eventually my hubby and FIL went together and purchased an Olympus 35mm for me for Christmas. I was in heaven!!! I experimented more and more with different lenses and techniques . . . coming up with some pretty nice photos.

Eventually I purchased a pretty pricey 28-200 zoom wide-angle lens and the I had even more fun. I love to take candids and it's easier to be sneaky about it with a good zoom lens! I enjoy taking photos of scenery and flowers (but then you know that already) and learned how to use a normal lens with the screw-on macro lenses in different powers.

My favorite 35mm camera, Olympus OM1 is on the fritz so I can't use my favorite lens either. But I'm using a really nice Olympus digital that belonged to my FIL and I "inherited" it from him.

THOUGHT I'D SHARE THESE IDEAS:
- ALWAYS have a camera with you . . . so you don't miss opportunities
- ALWAYS make sure you have charged and/or new batteries, and backups
- Learn all you can about your camera, so you KNOW how to use it to
it's maximum advantage
- Learn how to work with light . . . natural light is best
- Find a good photo program for your computer and learn how to use it, edit your photos, share them and ENJOY them.
- Find a good photo printing company that can do a REALLY GOOD job of printing photos in all sizes, including special projects such as collages, etc. They make GREAT gifts and memories!!!
- Have a neck strap for your camera . . and use it. You don't want to lose it over some precipice . . .or something
- Keep your camera protected in a case suitable for it!

That's kind of it . . .in a "thumbnail" sketch!
Thanks for letting me share!
CJ

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/cjapianist/Outer%20Banks%20Family%20Get-Together/

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 14 2010 7:05:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Flowers and More Flowers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page