Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Lost Art of Letter Writing. Expert
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Lost Art of Letter Writing. Expert Next Topic  

tigger9777
Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader & Guru / FG Guide

152 Posts

Candy
Oakley CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2023 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile
I found a fellow farmgirl named Marlene interested in connecting and becoming pen pals I have sent her 7 letters and she has sent me 5. This has been a good experience because I have had the privilege to get to know her through our letters.
I did 3 mail swaps:
Valentine Pocket Letter, Stationary Swap and the Ditty Bag Swap. Not much is left for the stationary swap for the picture as I have been using what was gifted.

Sister # 8283
Farmgirl of the Year 2022
Farmgirl of the Month Dec 2021
Farmgirl Guide
Farmgirl Guru
Farmgirl Sharpshooter
Farmgirl Chapter Leader
"Everything Counts, Someday Eventually"

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2023 :  1:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Candy, that is so neat! Congratulations on finishing another badge and gaining a new pen pal. It sounds like so much fun!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2023 :  2:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Great job, Candy!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2023 :  12:45:50 PM  Show Profile
I have also been working on the "Lost Art of Letter Writing" merit badge. In addition to my farmgirl friends, I also have a pen pal in Munich, Germany, and another in Whakatane, New Zealand. I have been writing to Lucia & Pauline for nearly 20 years. My husband & I have also been fortunate to visit both of them in their respective countries which was an incredible experience. The joy of letter writing is to be able to share with your pen pal a little about your piece of this world. You can let your imagination run wild, thinking about their day-to-day activities and their surrounding environment. When we visited their home towns in person, it was amazing to finally see the places that they had always described. Letter writing allows for creativity and connectivity. It is also a random act of kindness that radiates warmth and energy to the reader when it is opened. You never know the impact that you can make in someone's life when you use your pen to make someone feel joy, hope and love.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Lost Art of Letter Writing. Expert Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page