Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Bibliophile Badging Badge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Bibliophile Badging Badge Next Topic
Page: of 2

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2018 :  7:29:35 PM  Show Profile
I:m going to try to post my TBR pile again. Here goes

To everything their is a season....

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2018 :  10:48:29 AM  Show Profile
That's a great pile of books, Bea! Which one do you plan to read first?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  06:59:07 AM  Show Profile
I am currently reading a lengthy book on the life and presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt. However, as I work on that book, I have finished one other shorter on and have a few more in the wings to read. There is also a growing list of books I do want to read that I hope to get to this year. IT seems like everyday presents yet another interesting read that goes on the list!

Bea, you will have to let us know which of these books were the best and why you like that author. It will be fun to learn about new authors here on the Chatroom this year.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  07:18:03 AM  Show Profile
I contend a TBR pile makes a home. Looks like some cozy reading ahead.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  05:44:03 AM  Show Profile
I"m working on this badge as well. I have had a library card for some time now. I went to the Library yesterday and checked out the events, programs and offerings. The have a lot going on this summer, mostly kids events. They offer Job Search Help Labs, Resume Review, Meet & Greet local authors, after school reading programs. English as a second language classes and the list goes on. I submitted an application to volunteer a couple of evenings a week and checked out two books while I was there. My TPR piles are stacked in every room of the house. Here are a couple pictures.

Books for some of the badges I want to work on:

My bedside table stack:

The stack at my favorite place in the house to sit and read. Top two are the items I picked up at the library yesterday. 1/2 way through the top book :)

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  1:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Lovely TBR piles Kristi! It looks like you have quite the list going. What will you be volunteering for?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  3:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Volunteering to shelve books and office work. Most of the programs are during the day while I'm doing my "pays the bills" job.

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  2:59:04 PM  Show Profile
I bet you will discover more books to add to your TBR pile while shelving books!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2018 :  6:13:01 PM  Show Profile
This will be a great badge for me to go after as I am an avid reader. It is my favorite pastime. I need to get a pile of books ready so I can join the rest of you and get my pile of books posted.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2018 :  6:18:35 PM  Show Profile
This will be a great badge for me to go after as I am an avid reader. It is my favorite pastime. I need to get a pile of books ready so I can join the rest of you and get my pile of books posted.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  1:39:27 PM  Show Profile
I plan to star working on this one at the beginning of the new year. I have a couple on my list already and I bet it will grow by then!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

aidanm
Chapter Leader

25 Posts

Aidan
CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Just submitted for my Expert Badge, finally! Here is the "little free library" I created at work since I rent right now and sadly can't put one in the complex..

California Country Girl transplant from Ohio - Bibliophile & Blogger - farmgirlaidan.wordpress.com
Sister #7664
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  11:42:38 AM  Show Profile
Aidan, that is so amazing! Congratulations on your new badge! I bet your coworkers are loving their new little library. You are crushing all these badges! Great job!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  8:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Aidan, that is a wonderful thing to do.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  8:15:47 PM  Show Profile
I have completed my expert level on recycling. I am working in my intermediate level on get it together now. I needed to get my kitchen organized and get rid of things I no longer need. I have also completed my beginner level on let's get physical and am moving on to the intermediate level. I am also working on my beginner level on herbs. I've been busy, busy, busy and loving it.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  1:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Lori, you have been super busy! I hope you are enjoying all your badges and learning so many things!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2019 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm just starting on badges, beginning with Bibliophile, Herbs, and Bread making. My Secret Sis sent me a book to start with.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  2:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Judith, those are some great badges to start with! What book did you get?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2019 :  2:39:51 PM  Show Profile
My beginning TBR, started by my Secret Sis with Ken Follett's Hornet Flight

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  1:12:36 PM  Show Profile
Judith, great TBR pile. I looks like you may have already started your first book. Enjoy reading your books and working on your badge. Let us know how good the books are!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

KWilliams
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Kelsi
Jackson CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2020 :  12:44:04 PM  Show Profile

Here is my short TBR stack. Okay, I have already finished the one on top. It was such a quick and entertaining read. I have already passed it along to my auntie who I know will enjoy it. I am about 3/4 of the way through the second book and I am really enjoying learning about the history of both the beef and dairy industries. I have also ordered a few more that should be coming next week. I would love to join a book club, but all the ones that I know of do not read the style of books that I enjoy. I do participate in the Science Friday book club when I can.
Thank you,
Kelsi

Kelsi R Williams
Go to Top of Page

KWilliams
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Kelsi
Jackson CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2020 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I also love seeing the stacks of books that everyone has posted. Thank you!
Kelsi

Kelsi R Williams
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2020 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kelsi! Thanks for sharing your TBR pile. Sounds like you are off to a great start. You will have your stack finished in no time! Enjoy all your books!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

hasmartz
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Heather
Fayetteville GA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2020 :  2:11:04 PM  Show Profile

I work in 2 libraries, so my TBR pile is often pretty eclectic, depending on what's new. I'm about halfway through Untamed, but that cookbook is calling me :)

Heather Ann Martz
MJF #8097
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2020 :  1:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Heather! You TBR pile looks amazing and it sounds like your off to a good start. Good luck with your badges!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

slsundgren
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Stacy
Liberty Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2020 :  11:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Send slsundgren a Yahoo! Message

I'm finally getting around to starting my Bibliophile Badge. I've had a library card since I was a child (that's a really loooonnnnggg time now). These books are my personal copies. Our wonderful city library is mostly closed right now because of Covid-19. They are able to work on a limited basis. That's okay, though, because I have lots of books here to keep me busy. As one might detect by the list, I love fantasy romance and action stories. The book on the bottom is another type altogether. I Love Vikings! This book was recommended by someone I have done volunteer activities with and it has gotten awesome reviews.Let's go read!
Stacy Sundgren, Farmgirl Sister 7112

Edited by - slsundgren on Jul 22 2020 11:31:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Bibliophile Badging Badge Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page