Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Annual Farmboy Swap - PARTNERS POSTED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Annual Farmboy Swap - PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic
Page: of 2

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  10:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Deep down, our farmboys like receiving snail mail too. Do you have a special farmboy in your life who would be delighted to receive a surprise parcel just for him? Winnie (Red Tractor Girl) and I thought it might be nice to reignite the Annual Farmboy Swap. Winnie is off travelling the world with her farmboy at the moment, so I hope I can arrange this swap as successfully as she did in previous years. Your farmboy could be your spouse, father, son, neighbour, or just another special farmboy in your life. Every farmboy qualifies. Lets spread some of our farmgirl kindness & generosity to as many farmboys as we can - near & far!!

Sign-ups until 31 May and partners will be posted 1 June. Father's Day is 18 June if you wanted to arrange delivery around them, otherwise any time throughout the month of June. Sign up here and include some of your farmboys favourite things, eg favourite colour, favourite foods/drinks, favourite author/magazine, hobbies/interests/collections. Let your imagination run wild! Once partners are posted, you can email your partner for your farmboys address.

HAVE FUN!!

Karen (Jokamartell) and April (Dreamer42)
Jennifer (JenniferAnn) and Ruth (Amomoffour)

& a 3-way swap for the final 3 participants:-
Cindy (Aussiechick) sends to Heather (nndairy)
Heather (nndairy) sends to Julie (treelady)
Julie (treelady) sends to Cindy (Aussiechick)

Please feel free to reach out to your partners via the forum email to find out more information about their farmboys if needed.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".

Edited by - AussieChick on Jun 01 2023 5:24:33 PM

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  10:44:01 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see my farmboy's face when he gets his own "farmboy mail". My farmboy is my husband, Michael (Mick). He is a civil engineer. He loves peppermint chocolate, peppermint tea, trail mix, jerky, anything railway-related (he collects old railway spikes), maps, fire-watch lookouts, bike riding (especially rail trails), & geocaching.

Farmgirl #6058

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

amomoffour
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Ruth
Cañon City CO
USA
74 Posts

Posted - May 18 2023 :  7:24:15 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join. My husband has been asking me about the recent card swap. I think that he feels left out! So this would be fun to include him as well. My husband's name is Larry. He loves candy, chocolate, and circus peanuts. His favorite color is blue. He enjoys reading westerns. He really enjoys peppermint tea with lots of sugar for his sweet tooth.

Farmgirl #8246

Ruth Farmer
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 20 2023 :  12:26:00 PM  Show Profile
Excellent, Ruth! Thanks for joining!!

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - May 20 2023 :  6:52:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, Please sign me up... my hubba hubba (Brian) is a general contractor, he loves watching movies, peanut butter and chocolate (reeses cups), nutty granolas, dark french roast coffee (we found out he was french so I guess that's in his blood!) His favorite sports teams are: LA Lakers basketball, LA Galaxy Soccer, LA Dodgers Baseball, Dallas Cowboys football, UCLA college football. He doesn't really have any hobbies, he works allot.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 22 2023 :  4:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for signing up, April! I can't wait to hear what our farmboys think of their parcels!

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1418 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1418 Posts

Posted - May 27 2023 :  6:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Sign my guy up, too, please…

He loves chocolate, gardening, tinkering in the yard and his shop. He enjoys woodworking, mostly wood turning and forging. He also likes ready about our founding fathers. He loves the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks. He likes to snack on bbq pringles and beef jerky. His name is John and he is a health physicist. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  11:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Excellent! So glad that you could join in this swap, Karen!

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  11:11:32 AM  Show Profile
Only 2 more days to sign your farmboy up for the Annual Farmboy Swap. We'd love to see some more farmboys benefit from your surprise parcels, so sign him up and join in the fun!!

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

JenniferAnn
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Jennifer
Salinas California
USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  11:45:17 AM  Show Profile
I think my dad would be really touched to be included. He loves the magazine, he and my mom subscribed years ago and she has since passed away. He loves mail! He is a sports fan (SF Giants & Warriors) and is an avid golf player. He enjoys tending to his yard and his bonsais.
Thank you,
Jennifer
Farmgirl #8562

Jennifer Chapman
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  7:41:15 PM  Show Profile
I would like to sign up my husband, Nathan. It just so happens that he has a birthday in June so this is perfect timing! He pretty much lives and breathes dairy farming so he'd like anything with cows or farming in general. He can never have too many handkerchiefs or gloves. He likes beef jerky and peanut m&m's. He's also always writing things down so little notebooks of paper would be great.

Thanks for reviving this Cindy!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 30 2023 :  08:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for joining, Jennifer & Heather!

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - May 31 2023 :  7:19:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - I had a good question come in and I just wanted to clarify that the farmboy parcel/card that you are sending out will be coming from you (not your farmboy). You can let your recipient farmboy know that your swap partner is a farmgirl friend on the forum and that they nominated their farmboy to receive a parcel & a little farmgirl kindness. I am hoping that the random act of kindness will be a delightful surprise to our farmboys. So, lets keep it a secret and I look forward to hearing what their responses are on the forum when their parcels arrive in the mail.

I will be posting partners tomorrow afternoon...

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile
Hope I am not too late to sign my farm boy up. He also has a birthday this month and he has loved this swap when I have done it for him in the past.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  11:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julie - I’ve got you on the list & will assign partners later today. Can you tell us a little about your farmboy?

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1418 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1418 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  6:26:32 PM  Show Profile
Yay!! Thanks, Cindy! :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  6:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Cindy - Karen and I are in touch!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

amomoffour
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Ruth
Cañon City CO
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2023 :  3:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, My farmboy received his package today. He said "What is this"? When I explained the package to him, he was really surprised. He loved all the candy and the other sweet items. Thank you so much!!

Ruth Farmer
Go to Top of Page

JenniferAnn
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Jennifer
Salinas California
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2023 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad, Ruth! I hope he enjoys the goodies
Jennifer

Jennifer Chapman
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2023 :  11:02:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather - Nathan’s parcel is on its way!! Let me know what he thinks when it arrives.

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2023 :  11:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Cindy your farm boys package should be arriving any day now.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2023 :  4:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie - Mick’s parcel arrived this afternoon. He was definitely surprised when I told him the parcel was for him. He sat out on the back porch & pulled everything out like a kid opening a Christmas present. Thank you so much for the mint cookies, candies & tea; the jerky; the men’s soap & body wash; he always loves the weatherproof notebooks & pens; and he’s already started perusing the railroad book. Thanks again for making my farmboy very happy!!

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  09:33:02 AM  Show Profile
I will let you know Cindy!

Julie - Keith's package is ready but I won't make it to the post office until Tuesday (since they aren't open Monday).

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2023 :  10:33:23 AM  Show Profile
Cindy - Thank you so much for the wonderful package you put together for Nathan! He LOVED it!!! He was so excited over everything he pulled out of the box. He told me more than once to make sure I let you know how much he appreciated everything :) And boy did we have fun last night doing the Tim Tam Slam LOL!! That's a lot of cookie at one time but oh so good! Way better than dunking oreos! Thank you for including some Australian fun!

The journal is amazing! (Lucky for him it has his name on it or it might have gone missing LOL!)

Thank you again for reviving this swap and for an amazing package!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2023 :  11:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Heather - I am so happy to hear that Nathan liked his parcel of goodness! Also, glad to hear that you both enjoyed your Tim Tam Slam experience. I received your recent letter last night when I got home from work. I thoroughly enjoy reading your letters & the cow stationary was so cute. Looking forward to sending you a reply soon.

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1418 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1418 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2023 :  6:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, April, for the fun goodie box for John. He kept asking me why there was a box with his name on it! It was wonderful. Safe to say that all the snacks are decreasing by the day. And John is very excited to read his new book! :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Annual Farmboy Swap - PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page