True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  1:28:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey there my farm gal pals...
I am still partly MIA,, with all the reno work and other issues..

I have been getting (more frequently) emails from friends,, but the emails are a bit odd.. as they all begin with 'HI!".. and then ask for a favor, .. some asking me to make purchases for them on amazon... etc...

Also, improper sentence structure and and duplicate words..

So,, if you have texted me and I have not replied,, sorry,, I am being very cautious opening emails.

ON the Home front,, still have a few big projects to finish up,, and the crazy price of lumber hasn't helped!

Doing a gazillion address updates.. and squeezing in rime with the grand kiddos..

We had several AG fires the other day,, thanx to the horrid strong winds, but thank goodness our Fire Teams are on alert.

The hay crops around here are not doing to great this year, ours included,, thank goodness our income is not depended on our hay crop,... but hay prices will probably go up...

My garden is plugging along,, but is very confused due to the weather,, cold,, then up into the 80's & 90's then plummeted back down to the mid 60's and no sunshine.. uugh.

OK,, gotta run,, just checking in to say HI and hope you all are having a wonderful June.
hugz-n-squisches

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2138 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2138 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile
I just got one of those emails supposedly from Kathy (Isewbernina) with a slightly different address. I emailed her back at the address I already had for her to verify that it wasn't from her. I think she was hacked.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3004 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3004 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  5:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear from you Grace! The weather is doing the same crazy thing here in Ohio too. The cows are not sure what to make of it either - one day they're hanging out in the barn under the fans and then in a few days they're out running around the pasture with their udders flopping like crazy LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  7:58:10 PM  Show Profile
I was getting ready to post photos of my postcards and guess what I got a phone call from my GenWeb state coordinator informing me I had been hacked again! I have had all of my contact list lifted, my emails are gone and I am at my wit's end! The last time I was on the phone with my server for 6.5 hours trying to undo the damage. Guess I will call them in a bit and try to figure this out again. In the meantime please don't open or answer any email from me.
I am so sorry about this, Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2138 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2138 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  9:20:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry this happened; I had a feeling that was a fake email from you. And I'm really happy you aren't having heart surgery, too :-)
I know it is a big mess trying to recreate contacts and everything else. Good luck with the process.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9252 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9252 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2021 :  04:02:26 AM  Show Profile
If you keep getting hacked i would look into a different server or at the least change your email password.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2021 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Yes. I got the suspicious email too. Did reply to Kathy to the first one which just alluded to needing a favor. Did not reply to the "heart surgery" one as I determined with that one that it was a hack job. Hope you got it cleared up OK Kathy and can get these issues solved permanently. That has to be such a pain to deal with. BTW call me Scrooge, but I WON'T be buying the Amazon card for your niece . . . sorry . . . sometimes ya just gotta laugh to keep from crying.
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  3:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am so sorry to hear about your hacking problems!! the past two days, I have had about 8 scammer calls a day. Somehow my phone number is out there and callers from everywhere keep calling. I never answer them and if they don't leave a voicemail, I block their phone number. Plus I have a scamming app on my phone that catches some of them, but not nearly the number I keep getting. It makes me so furious! For a long stretch, I stopped getting these calls and I have no idea what and how that all changed.

I was also getting these awful emails until Apple updated our software and since then they have disappeared. My Apple computer has a pretty good firewall and I don't get near the issues as some other computers.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6718 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6718 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2021 :  4:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Great to hear from you Grace! I’m sorry to hear about your hay crop. It has definitely been an off year for sure. I think Utah forgot to have a spring. We went from cold weather right up to the 90s. It’s been an adventure that’s for sure. I hope everything goes good on your home front and you can hop on again soon.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Still MIA.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page