Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Putting away for winter/ Expert
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Putting away for winter/ Expert Next Topic  

Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  11:26:18 PM  Show Profile
I investigated different methods for canning food you could either do it in your pressure cooker in a jar of course, in a water bath, or the steam method. You also can dehydrate different kinds of foods. You can either use your oven at a low temperature of about 200 degrees for three to four hours depending on the thickness of your item. You can also use a dehydrator to make you dehydrate bacon or anything else you want to dehydrate. When you use the Dehydrator, it will take anywhere from 6 to 18 hours to get it fully dehydrated. Both ways turn out really good. I chose to make bacon. I made it with brown sugar and Maple syrup in my oven. I wanted it now. I froze three different kinds of produce I froze blueberries bananas and asparagus. For breakfast, I made an egg stir fry using the frozen mushrooms and the asparagus, and Maple bacon as my ingredients. I also did a yogurt bowl with strawberries and blueberries that I took out of my freezer. I let my husband know about how I used home-preserved ingredients for this stir fry. My husband really enjoyed eating it with me.

Allison Clark

Edited by - Allison Clark on Jun 02 2021 11:27:30 PM

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2021 :  11:05:05 AM  Show Profile
Allison, you have been doing a great job with this badge and it is also providing you and hubby with some delicious things to eat at the same time!! Congratulations on all of your successes!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6726 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6726 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  2:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Allison! You have been very busy and all your food looks so yummy. I’m glad your hubby is enjoying it all too.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Putting away for winter/ Expert Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page