Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 25 2021 :  8:45:28 PM  Show Profile

The Moon is gorgeous already! Clear here in West Tennessee! It will be completely Full Tomorrow night!

Connie #3392
Imagine....

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - May 26 2021 :  07:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Last night our sky was full of passing clouds so our full moon wasn’t as pretty as it should have been. I am hoping tonight will be better. I love that old Farmer’s Almanac picture for May. This is the second year that I have been taking the time to learn all of the old names for the various moons and the reason for their names. It is so interesting and now I need to look up any Farmer’s Almanac photos of these special events.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4334 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4334 Posts

Posted - May 26 2021 :  08:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Well Connie, this is a beautiful picture of the moon indeed! Fits my love for the sky as well as my love for the flowers AND its my birthmonth!! Like Winnie, I too have been learning about the moons and each full moons name along with its purpose for that month. Living out here in the country with so many old time farmers I've learned a lot, especially when to plant and how! Things I never ever knew OR understood before! Its amazing and for tge most part, I've seen and experienced success! Love tge farmer's almanac. Thank you for sharing. Last nights moon was amazing as it rose encircled with a colorful 'circle but then enshrouded by clouds. I hope ti see it better tonight as well. Hugs to you and Winnie!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 30 2021 :  11:41:13 AM  Show Profile
Winnie and Dianna, I love that the Farmer's Almanac goes by the Names Native American gave the Full Moons!
Hugs right back at ya! Dianna!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic May Full Flower moon! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page