True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  5:06:16 PM  Show Profile
OK,, here is my PassPort rantings...
Back in Sept, on the 7th to be exact... I sent in my stuff & my still current passport for renewal., my current passport, a check and the paperwork to renew my passport (which expires 01/2021)...
then 2 weeks later I sent in my hubby's old expired passport, a check and paperwork for his new passport because his had expired passed the time limit for renewal....
Well, today, hubby's passport arrives... I go online and it says mine is still being processed and should be complete in 2-4 weeks...
Seriously,, mine is a renewal based on a active passport....
I know, I know,, be patient,, COVID has slowed down a lot of Government agency departments... but none the less,, you would think mine would have been processed and returned before DH... especially since it is just a renewal.

Because I was not born in the US, and did not come to the US until I was 2 1/2 years old,, and became a US Citizen when I was 3.
I had to send/submit all kinds of documentations, most of which are in German,,, (German Embassy helped me) when I applied for my very 1st Passport... that is why I am diligent every 10 years in getting it renewed months before expiration...
Oh sigh,, I will try to be patient,,
Pass me a Glass of Wine please...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  5:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
We sent Ed's in for a renewal on Friday - we only had to send it to Irving, TX - about 50 miles from here. I hope it doesn't take that long.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 10 2020 5:54:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  6:01:30 PM  Show Profile
mine went to Phili, PA...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  05:19:42 AM  Show Profile
UGH, Grace! The last time we renewed our passports it seemed to take forever as well and that was before COVID and the current administration which has been tougher on people with foreign backgrounds. Hopefully the wait wont be too much longer. It is frustrating trying to renew a passport and since you have always received renewal, my guess is that it will be fine in the end. I have a funny story about a little pre-dinner drink. My brother ‘s mother in law used to enjoy Diet Coke with Rum before dinner. When she and my mom were both in the same Assisted Living faculty, their rooms were just a few doors apart. The mother in law had been a nurse for decades after her husband died when her daughter was just 2 years old. She was a strong woman and had a wonderful positive outlook on life. So one afternoon when we had been visiting Mom, we went down to visit Dess (her name). At about 4pm, she interrupted the conversation to ask if we would like to join her in a “Leg Lifter”!!! I was hysterical with laughter and having been a nurse all may life, I could understand that after a long tough day at the hospital a “leg lifter”would have been welcomed. From then on, I have kept that expression alive because I think if describes their emotional feelings especially when you have been through a day like all the frustrating paperwork of renewing a passport. So next time you need that before dinner lift, remember that come 4pm, according to Dess, it is time for that “Leg Lifter”!! LOL!!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  05:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Grace, want me to run over to Philly and check it out for ya?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  7:45:40 PM  Show Profile
A "leg Lifter... OMG.. my new 'word for the day'... lolol!

Denise... thumbs up! if I thought it were finished being processed... Thanx anyways...

For now , I will have to travel in my mind and in books...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2020 :  8:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh, geepers... update on my passport... I have been getting emails from the agency saying my passport has been approved and one message said my passport is due to arrive on 12/7,, then a few days later I get another email saying my passport has been approved and I will get it on or around 12/12.. so.. wonder is going on.. uuggh!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  05:01:06 AM  Show Profile
I am happy to hear that it has been approved!! WooHoo, Deutschland here you come!! Well, that is when everyone isn’t sick anymore on either side of he pond! Let us know when it does finally arrive in the mail. Oh, happy day!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  09:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So glad our cruise has been cancelled due to CDC guidelines about COVID; however, just checked on Ed's passport and they say 8-10 more weeks so he wouldn't have had a good passport anyway. Lol! They have had it 3 weeks already.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

nne9703721
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nichelle
Kent Washington
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  10:15:11 AM  Show Profile
We were supposed to go to Japan this December during Christmas break and had to renew my daughter's passport. We did it over the summer and were able to get it back in good time. But with all of the restrictions and quarantine rules in play (coming from the United States, we would be in quarantine for 14 days as soon as we arrived and that would take up our entire vacation time), we decided not to go. We will just go visit family once everyone in both countries has been vaccinated. We would have to stay with my elderly mother-in-law. Not taking any chances.

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in.

George Washington Carver
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2020 :  6:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Nichelle,, yep, our plans for going back to Germany to spend time with family and my childhood BFF...

But...On the Plus side...

My passport arrived today!!!!!
I am a happy camper.

Look out Fall of 2021,, I am coming back home to Germany(fingers crossed).

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic PassPort Rantings.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page