Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Christmas Stocking ~ Sign Up for 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Stocking ~ Sign Up for 2020 Next Topic
Page: of 6

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  09:59:55 AM  Show Profile
Darlene,
Just wanted you to know I received your packages. Have to go out so will open them later today and post.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  12:30:09 PM  Show Profile
I received my cute stocking from Darlene and thank you so much!
She put so much stuff in there! Feeling spoiled.

There was the pretty fleece stocking decorated with poinsettia, a notebook, dishcloths and Christmas-y towel, two cute little ceramic elves,candy and a coaster,ornaments, a pin, a book, a sachet pillow, prayer cards, a candle, fabric, a hankie, a pretty little bag of teas, a calendar, a really neat pen, a bracelet, and a Christmas mask. Darlene, thank you for all your thoughtful gifts. Everything was wrapped up all cute too!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 10 2020 12:33:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2020 :  1:01:42 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad you liked it.
I am so glad you got your little elves in time, I was worried about the mail, I thought they were so cute.
Have a great day and thanks again.
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Dec 10 2020 1:05:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  07:31:29 AM  Show Profile

Here are all my lovely Christmas Stocking full of Goodies. Everything is so special. Thank you so much Lynda:-)

Lynda, you sure know how to spoil a gal! All my favorites, red and white. Gift cards, lovely smelling soap, lotion. A WWII historical fiction book I have not read, I can not wait to start it. A sweet red snowflake little bowl by Primitives by Kathy an all time favorite artist and so much more.
I will post pics later but I just wanted to thank you so much for everything. This is always such a fun swap and I had a great partner! More later:-)
Thank you again Linda.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Dec 12 2020 07:59:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  11:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa . . . At last I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this swap. How I love all my treasures from you. We used the wonderful retro can opener last night. DH is so tickled with it. He got a big smile as he used it and said, "This is cool and will be handy when the revolution comes and all the power goes out." LOL.
I have had quite a challenging time putting yours together. But at last, I have conquered all and learned a lot in the process. Putting on the finishing touches today and it will be in Monday's mail. I had all the gifts early on. But the stocking project fought with me from the beginning -- First, my GO cutter broke down and had to be replaced. Then the fabric I had originally selected for it just wouldn't work. The new quilting program I used was glitchy. And finally, the metallic thread kept breaking and just wouldn't work for the embellishment stitching so I had to switch to Snow White. Sheese -- what a challenge. But I learned so much in the process that I am actually thankful for the construction headaches. I persevered and DH and I both think it turned out quite nice and hopefully you will find it worth the wait.

PeggyAnn -- I hope you won't drop me from your swaps for being late. I would NEVER not "deliver". Murphy's Law just came crashing down on me with this one. All the gifts were done way early, and I guess I could have just purchased a generic stocking and gotten it in the mail on time. But I had my stocking "creation" all set in my mind and was determined to produce it. And then Mr. Murphy decided to visit . . . Hmmmm, now I'm beginning to wonder if he is actually that adorable gnome wine bag guy that I received from Linda. . . that's just about the time my troubles started.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Dec 13 2020 1:18:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

LyndaB
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Lynda
Mansfield TX
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  12:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, I'm so glad you like everything, and I'm thrilled that you haven't read the book yet. I read it this summer and really enjoyed it! Merry Christmas!

Married to my best friend for 31 years, mom to 8 wonderful kids and 3 grandkids!!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  3:35:08 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like you had fun Jean. This is a fun swap.

Thanks again.
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  3:44:50 PM  Show Profile
All the stockings & goodies are just wonderful! This has been so much fun.

Marie, I am shipping your stocking by UPS on Monday. I will let you know when they expect it to arrive. I am sorry I am late with this, but hopefully it will be fun for you when it gets there.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  8:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I am willing to wait for a specially made stocking like this one!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  1:43:29 PM  Show Profile
My package has arrived! Pictures coming, it was so hard to wait until my workday was done!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  2:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Marie, your package was supposed to arrive today. I hope you received it.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  2:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I did receive the package and I will not open it until I know mine has been received. I have been "ordered" to get some things done for Christmas that I don't want to do so everything has been pushed back.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  06:27:38 AM  Show Profile
No problem, Marie. I am just glad to know you received my package.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  3:10:05 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca I hope it is ok that I opened everything, ate some chocolate, drank some tea and started reading the book! Tracking says your stocking was delivered, let me know if you didn't get it please.
I just love everything! The stocking is elegant and my favorite color. The Christmas pins are beautiful! The Stitch journal is something I never saw before and I will start using it right away! The poetry book is perfect, I have made a commitment to read one poem a day. The tea is delicious, perfect for the snow day. I will enjoy stitching the table running, it is actually something I have thought about doing and just never got around to looking for one. Thank you for including the threads! The note card are beautiful, I just love the pictures.
I just loved the wrapping and am using one of the ribbons for a bookmark. I will be hiding the big Hershey Kiss so my son doesn't eat it on me lol

I really enjoyed this swap. So much fun putting things together and I was like a little kid waiting for the package to arrive - both at my house and my partners. Opening presents was so exciting too! Thank you Rebecca for being my partner and thank you to our hostess!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  5:32:27 PM  Show Profile
What a pretty stocking! Very nice!

Thanks for the swap!

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2020 :  6:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Terri...I had so much FUN opening my Gynormous Red Stocking!!! I'm sorry that I am so late getting on here but have been doing Hospital things with my husband.
I still can not figure out how to post pictures with my MackBook Pro but Denise if I post these pictures I took onto FaceBook can you get them on here like you did
last year??? Pretty Please with Sugar Plums and Fig Pudding! LOL ~ Terri, have to tell you that I almost left the Pretty Christmas Pin in the toe of the Stocking...Good
thing I checked it at the last moment or I might not have found it until next year!! ~ Thanks for Spoiling Me and My Hubby!! That was so sweet to include him! I never
think of the men for some reason. It's A Girl Thang I guess! LOL I loved everything and you were a Great Swap Partner!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!

Love, Hugs, and Christmas Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 18 2020 6:56:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  11:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Boy Oh Boy! Santa brought everyone a fabulous stocking!! I missed the swap this year, I hope to be in on it next year!

Merry Christmas !!
Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2020 :  12:29:38 PM  Show Profile
That was fun!
Peggy I hope your hubby is doing ok.

Thanks again for the fun swap!
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
451 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2020 :  3:12:25 PM  Show Profile
Dear Peggy, you are spoiling me. I could not accept the idea of opening the whole stocking and its contents all on the same day. As you can see, I am opening one thing at a day. It is so exciting. The bell made the sermon today and was the inspiration for the children's time.
Thank you so much for everything. The stocking is beautiful. I am looking forward to digging into it this week.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  2:12:31 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa . . . IT'S DELILVERED!! DH just got the UPS Notice of delivery. I'm so thankful it made it before Christmas. If you are familiar with the Yellowstone TV series, I was ready to go "Beth Dutton" on UPS. LOL. If you're not familiar with the series, it would be hard to explain on this chat room as it would require too much censoring and lose it's meaning I think . . . you get the idea.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  2:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I have it! If you don't mind, I'll wait till Christmas Eve to open it...anticipation!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  3:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh good. It's there and you have a plan -- WIN/WIN. Hope you like everything. This was such a fun swap in spite of all the "help?" I received from Mr. Murphy.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2020 :  5:32:08 PM  Show Profile

Jean, the stocking is gorgeous! The material sparkles, and the stitching is so intricate. Best of all is my name in gold!
The gifts are all lively too. I will carry the tea holder in my purse, and will refill the teas once I try them. I love the cloth pinecone, the snowflake rug, and the tag with the Starbucks card. I can't wait to look through the quilt book and the novel. I have hummingbird stationery, transfers and stickers that will be used in swaps, garden stakes and hummingbird garden mix for spring. I have heard the story of the Christmas spiders - I will add her to my tree. The pup in a cup is so cute! The soap and incense smell wonderful and I will look forward to cross stitching the owl. The chocolate Santa's and m&ms are midnight treats! I can't help saving all the ribbons too. Thank you so much for everything and Merry Christmas!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  05:33:23 AM  Show Profile
I discovered the circle cutting tool you sent too (it was hidden in the packing material. This gives me an idea for my quilts!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  05:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Your stockings are lovely. The goodies are many! Just what a stocking should be!

Merry Christmas!

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Stocking ~ Sign Up for 2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page