katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  09:24:17 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,,, when we lived on the other Ranch , just down the road,, DH had a ginormous Barn/man cave... where the trailers were parked in,, I would go out to see why and what DH was doing for so long in the barn,, several times caught him napping in the Scotty.. his remark was,, he didn't want to walk back to the house and drag mud in.. LOL! That's his story and he is sticking to it.. Oh and did I mention there was beer and soda in the fridge??? LOLOL!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  09:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Ha Grace - Hilarious :) Ive often wondered what happens when left to their own devices

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  10:45:43 AM  Show Profile
I don't see my post here where I told you Peggy that I could still see my post about this porch and yours as well. I still can only get to the first page of that one. I see they fixed the pages on that one now. Not sure how long it would last until it happens again.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  10:47:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Grace that is too funny. Sounds like something mine would do!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  12:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Do you all know how to save a page to the Favorites? I just click my lil star in the web page link and it pops up where to save it to. I made a Porchies

button and when we move to a new page I delete the old button and save a new one. Since I have to many pages saved to the Favorites Bar, when I delete the

old Porchies button, I open the Favorites tab and "drag" the Porchies button up to the bar and it works. No more searching. Hope that wasn't to confusing.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  5:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Patsy!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  5:40:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all just popping in to say hello. Glad we are staying put. I would hate to be lost.
Today I applied for a different teaching position. I am exploring my options and letting God handle the journey. My current school is in a mess not sure what will happen and if God wants me to stay I will but I am praying that maybe this is a time for change. Maybe it is time for me to take a leap of faith. So today I took a leap. Now it is wait and see what God leads me to do.
Spent the day with my grandson fun day
Have read two books in two days and taken up cross stitch again.
Well I guess that is all lol
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 06 2020 :  04:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Tammy- Congrats on taking the leap! We only learn trust in the plan by taking those kind of chances! Never be afraid of trying to better your situation if it allows you to be a better human. :) You deserve it!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 06 2020 :  06:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, will put you in my prayers for God's leading. A day with a grandchild is always a great day! I was thinking yesterday that I have some ufo's and I need to get to work on them. Quilts and cross stitch. Someday I am going to make a quilt out of cross stitch squares. So many projects.

We are having what I hope is our only rainy day this week. Some housework to get done and then I can do something more enjoyable. I don't have much with just the two of us here.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 06 2020 06:21:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  12:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Well the job I applied for was offered to my current principal who is resigning I was very sad about this and highly disappointed so I guess I will be staying put not even sure my school will be able to stay open due to many things. I am just not sure what to do. I thought I had a chance at this job and to find out my current principal was offered it and after the trouble she has caused at our school it just saddened me. I would appreciate prayers
Thanks ladies
Hugs and love
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  12:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Tammy - Lots of prayers headed your way. Perhaps there is optimism that things will be better at your current school with his/her departure!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  12:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...so SAD to hear that news but...I know God has Got Your Back!!! Who knows...maybe God knows something on the Horizon
that you don't dear! Or maybe he is showing you it is time to Retire. Whatever it is...he will direct your steps. I read a Scripture today in my Devotional
time that I thought was really cool: "A Highway will be there: it will be called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not journey on it; it will be for those
who walk in that Way." Isaiah 35:8
He is directing your steps down that Highway of Holiness and he is smoothing the way for you, Sister. TRUST
that He guides you where He wants you to go! You have my continued prayers, thoughts and love.
Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 07 2020 12:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 07 2020 :  3:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Very well said Peggy. Lots of love and prayers Tammy! We all are rooting for you.

Well, today would have been my 49th anniversary. Jim would have been 72 on the 10th which is Mother's Day this year. He went home on the 4th. May is not

for me anymore. I just do one day at a time. Seems like all the people I once knew are on the other side, makes me home sick..

Sunny but to windy to play in the dirt. Got my yard mowed. Looks and smells nice. They are doing a great job. Been mowed 4 times already.

The grass has been growing so fast!

My peas are breaking the ground. I hears something about maybe snow somewhere? Crazy huh? Got my houseplants out there on the patio. Sheltered

at least. Hope you are all having a blessed day..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  01:40:04 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...so glad that your yard is coming around. Doesn't it feel great when it just looks and smells so lovely?
I am so sorry that May is so hard for you. April is my hardest month but most of mine are pretty spread out over
the entire year. I feel that Homesickness for our True Home sometimes too, but my Husband is still holding his
own. He will be 76 next Month. I am beginning to believe that he just may out-live me. Even though he is 8 yrs
older. As long as he is by my side...I have a purpose! He needs lots of help.

I just made two Mother's Day Cards. One for my DIL and one for Her Mom (who is my partner in crime). Since
hubby doesn't like me to go in Stores yet...I did not want some Stranger picking out cards for me. I always buy
pretty blank cards that I can dress up. Their gifts won't get here in time...but they will like them once they arrive.

It was 75 here today, 80 + tomorrow, and 86 on Mother's Day. I walked tonight and even though it was still 75
there was a nice breeze. I just missed 4 miles by a smidgen...but the dog was getting hot so I wanted to get him
home and fed.
I heard snow on the East Coast...man they have had horrible weather for a couple of years. I also heard there was
a raging fire in Florida. It is that time of year...right?

Have a Wonderful Rest of the Week Patsy!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 08 2020 :  2:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Soooo I brought the houseplants back in since the night temps will be 35, 38 and 36 the next 3 days.. was hoping 50 at night was the norm.

Love the neat and trim look of a freshly mowed yard and the smell is great of freshly mown grass. Plus, now it's raining so it can grow

more to make my mowing crew happy and my wallet unhappy. lol

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  07:04:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Patsy - I gave up halfway through getting all of mine in. Only the food producing things were saved last night. It's about 62 in the house (refusing to turn on the AC or heat!!), so they are not getting much of a reprieve.
It's Saturday, so I'm headed back to the prison cell. I did manage to get it all grouted this week. My brother (already had the bug) is coming up to hopefully help me finish it out today as a gift for Mother's day. With ANY luck - the shower heads and handles will all be installed today along with the doors, leaving only painting trim and molding for tomorrow (at least for the bathroom). I'm not out of prison until I get 2 barn doors and a shelf up, but in comparison to the rest of this nightmare - that's nothing ;)

Have a great day sistahs!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 09 2020 :  1:48:07 PM  Show Profile
I am doing THE HAPPY DANCE TODAY!!! I get to go be with my Grandkids tomorrow for Mother's Day!! I didn't think my
son would want me to but when his wife asked him...he said YES!! My reply to him was "What are the Rules?" He said,
"Nothing...I am more worried about giving you something than you giving us something." I told him that I wasn't worried
about that at all! I am super happy! He is picking me up at 11:00 and I am spending the whole day with them. I can hardly
wait. It has been the longest 3 months of my life!!

It is 84 degrees out right now and will be 86 or higher by 4 or 5 pm. The wind is blowing so it feels like steam blowing in
your face. But it is Summer weather so I'm not complaining!! I will enjoy every minute of it for the next 2 days then we are
back to rain.

Happy Mother's Day Weekend to All Our Porchie Mothers!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  04:11:42 AM  Show Profile
Tammy,
I am praying for you.
Patsy,
Praying for you also as you go through this month.

We are still having quite a lot of rain. Though yesterday was sunny at times it was way to cold and windy. Our wind made it feel like 32 and boy it sure did. I had wanted to get outside to work yesterday but was just too windy. We has a freeze warning last night. Those are usually finished by the middle of April here.
Our anniversary was the 8th and we had a very nice day together. JT got done work early so it was nice to have the extra time.
I think they may be slowly opening our state. Our church has always been open but no one attended until recently and only a few.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  11:24:39 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to those who are Mum's. I've never had that particular pleasure. BUT Patsy and Jim Blessed me with 5 wonderful Babies that I helped raise and nurture and guide. I'm a true believer in,
'It Takes A Village To Raise A Child!' I tried to do what I could, although I was a full-time employed Gal.
I must not have done too much damage... they ALL Love Me... and still speak to me! hahahaha
Our state is slowly opening up, but as Dave said, we will wait. Sitting in a restaurant with tables spread 6 feet from each other and wait-staff still wearing their masks, is NOT a sign to us that it's safe just yet!
We're not in any hurry to get out there in enclosed buildings until we see how many come up sick in a few weeks. Having medical jobs all our lives has made us wary!
Well, make it a Great day Girlies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Okay, My Porchies...Happy Mother's Day!!! Your prayers have been answered for me...so, no more whining on my part...
I get to go spend the Day with my Kids and Grandkids. We are all so excited nobody could sleep last night. I got 4 hrs and
something. I am just waiting for my son to come pick me up...as I can't drive because we took my car off the Insurance as
long as we can't go anywhere with the COVID 19. If we have to run to pick up groceries or something we just take hubbies
car.

Have a Wonderful Day Ladies...ENJOY and INDULGE...I put on make-up for the first time in a bazillion days. I clean up pretty
darn good!! LOL

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - May 10 2020 :  5:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother’s Day to all. I had a very nice one. I had a wonderful time with my 2 daughters.#128536;Just sitting here on the front porch looking at all my flowers and the long shadows. I live out in the country and everything is so green. It’s been a beautiful day, thank the Lord. I’ve been thinking about chickens a lot. My husband said last night we should get a few.Hmmm, I’m fine with that .
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 11 2020 :  04:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Happy belated Mother's day to all of you Mothers (like Judy at never having the pleasure - directly) Hope it was a great day for you, and you felt appreciated for all the wonderful things you do/have done for your families and others!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - May 11 2020 :  10:07:06 AM  Show Profile
Had a lovely day yesterday. My daughter and family came over and we played games with the youngest and the others worked on a puzzle. My Ohio family sent me a beautiful card and a cute little card from the grands. Gifts from both daughters. Later in the day my son called and we spent 2 hours catching up. Does my heart good to know he is okay. He lives in the central part of the state where there are more cases than here but much less than the northern part near NYC. He is doing what he can to be safe.
We are going to get a bit of rain here today I believe. It is overcast and windy.
I am working on a swap and a gift today. Feels going to get back into the sewing mode. It has been a long time.
Hope all of you are well and having a beautiful Monday!
Peggy, I know you enjoyed your time with your family yesterday. So glad you were able to do it!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 11 2020 :  2:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Feeling relief and grateful tonight. I'm officially out of the prison cell! (aka Mom's bathroom) I still have doors and a shelf to put up in the bedroom, but I need to figure out how to install barn door hardware to replace the 'normal' doors. Another skill to learn I guess.

Don't try to hire me. My work is passable, but I'm super slow. No way a full gut and rebuild should have taken 3.5 months! :)

DH made dinner to celebrate!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  06:39:23 AM  Show Profile
D - absolutely beautiful! Love it all. The flooring, the countertop, the shower - It all goes together so beautifully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page