LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  12:22:50 AM  Show Profile
Well, My Porchies...even my dog is dragging today. He isn't feeling well again for some reason. Probably too much hair and it was very humid today.
We hit 75 degrees and I think the humidity was 100%

Hey, Judy and Patsy have you ever tried lemon or orange peels in your planters? It even keeps the slugs out...but also great for squirrels and other varmits...they hate
it the smell. I love when the Pink Plastic Flamingos turn up!! So much Fun!! A couple years ago here people were really going overboard with them...you would see
entire yards just covered with them. It was Great!!

Grace...everything is skyrocketing price wise except gas. It is now down to 183.00 here. Only because half the population is driving. That is the lowest we have seen
it for many many years., For some reason, our State has one of the highest gas prices in the Country normally. I think because when people scream about them raising
taxes again, people complain loudly so they tax the gas and alcohol higher. You guys do a little better with the prices in Eastern WA. Western WA we have the bigger
cities (more people to tax). LOL

Nora...the barometric changes really wreak havoc with the headaches, don't they?? Tomorrow we are supposed to get rain but not much. But the weekend is supposed
to be the drencher. ~ I just heard a crunching sound and looked over and my dog is finally eating his dinner that he has been ignoring since 6:00 pm. His stomach has
really been bothering him today for some reason. During those times I wish they could talk and tell you what is wrong with them.

D ~ I do get outdoors a lot because of my dog. During the day he wants to go out outside every two hours...just to see what is going on out there. If there are any cats to
chase or squirrels. He doesn't need out that often but I humor him...he needs his stiff hip exercised in small doses like that. At night he can go 10 or 11 hours without needing
to go. It helps me physically too. Bui, my favorite times outdoors are my long walks on good days. Anybody who follows me on FB knows how much I love taking pictures of
flowers and trees on my walks. They make me happy!!

Denise...they are opening the Parks in WA State May 1st. So, people can get outside and walk our trails and stuff. BUT, OR is not opening theirs...so, they will come over here
in groves...and Social Distancing will be utterly impossible. So, I will just keep walking the sidewalks and streets in my Neighborhoods around here. They said if the Parks get
to crowded then they will shut them down again. We still have to be quarantined until the Governor decides we all broke and starving. The end of May they might open up the
Construction Industry. That would be great!! If you think about it...only 1 1/2 % of our State was affected by the Corona Virus... so why close down the entire State. I
could understand closing the Seattle Area. And they keep telling us how bad the Nursing Homes were affected but what they don't tell you is that they were sending in
Corona patients who were not needing ventilators. So, heck yeah...they were causing the problem. All I can say is I hope they have learned the BIG LESSONS through all of this.

Well, Hope You All Have Sweet Dreams tonight. My Best Friend here told me that she had a dream that her and I were eating Lobster and Shrimp at Red Lobster. I told her that
sounded like a great dream...but I'm ready for Reality!! LOL

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  10:10:22 AM  Show Profile
Woozers! L.I.R., our gas is at $2.39....

Still over cast here this morning,, but I think DH and I will bring the Serro Scotty (Le Chat) out of the barn and park it by the Flamingo Palace..
then I can sit outside later today , twixt and tween my 2 trailers and my 'summer campground' porch!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  2:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Got any picks of Ginger? Would love to see her. We lost our ginger kitty(Rascal) about 3 years ago. Miss him terribly. He was such good company and what a talker. My sister laughed at how I talked to him and he'd answer in 'kitty-jabber', just as if he understood and was conversing his opinion. Hahaha
So sweet-So missed!
Hey Patsy, if you have any old box fan grids...I've used those to protect my flower pots too. ;-P
Dark, rainy day today.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  3:54:07 PM  Show Profile
Well,,, I thought I was going to pull my Serro Scotty trailer out today,, then the dark rain clouds blew in,, but,, uugh,,, it never rained,, not yet anyway...
Winds are still blowing strong..
Guess I won't be sitting out on the porch... but I certainly can gaze out the window...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2020 :  4:24:26 PM  Show Profile
We had rain this morning and overnight. Suppose to rain on and off all week-end.
Jay delivers to Rochester three times a week, he says that the traffic has really picked back up this week. It had been mainly trucks out on the road and commuter traffic around the cities. I guess people are getting tired of being trapped indoors.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 01 2020 :  8:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Ok y'all next time you are moving the porch you best set me a path I about got lost....WHEW

Only one more week of on line learning...So glad I am struggling with all things in regards to my school. We let three teachers go due to no money. Now they are trying to push my principal out. There has been so much ugliness. I feel like I have been a pawn and I am so sad. I am not sure how I can work there. But I need a job and there are no teaching jobs most are filled I teach in a Christian school where they certainly act like they love Jesus. Prayers would be appreciated.

I am ready to have summer fun I have been working with my flowers and reading a lot. And baking ....Good thing I can walk

Ok ladies off I go glad i found you
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 01 2020 :  11:52:45 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...so glad that you found us!! It's the same Great Porch...just a new location! Sorry to hear about the stuff going on at your School. I am kind of thinking
that you are not the only school with hard feelings going around. I don't think most people are head over heels in love with THE NEW NORMAL!! We have riots going on
in a lot of the Country from people being sick of being jobless and cooped up. I just am about going NUTS not being able to see my grandkids. And we are still locked
down here at least until June. My Son and DIL are absolute sticklers about us not seeing them until 3 weeks after the lock-down has been lifted. Say, WHAT???????

Girls it sounds like most everyone has rain in this weekend forecast.

Nora...we are seeing lots of traffic on the roads here too...just because people want to go out on a drive...just to get out of the House!!! Can't blame them on that one.

Grace...hopefully you will get your trailer out Sunday or Monday. We are supposed to be in the 70-80's Next week. Which will be lovely. I can get back to walking. I
was going to go yesterday and today but it looked like it was going to pour rain all day. Waited until dinner time before it let loose.

Judy...I was kind of surprised that you never got another Kitty when you lost your baby. You need another one!!! Our Furbabies are such good company and full of so
much love. Do you still have your rats???

Well, I'm leaving you some Strawberry Shortcake...put some aside for you before I ate it all!! Our Oregon Berries are the Best!!!

Stay Dry...and by the way...I added an outdoor porch heater once Denise moved us over here...so, it is never too cold or wet to come sit a spell.

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 02 2020 :  1:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Calling for rain Sunday, Tuesday and Wed. Guess we need it. Enjoying the sun today. Pulled weeds earlier. Baked a pineapple cake and

putting cream cheese frosting on it.

Jason just called. I'm going out. Yay! Takes so little to make me happy.

Judy: Left all my screen in NC. Sad. I think of all the little things like that that got left behind.. now I could use them...

Enjoy the day. Not promised another one. Love yuns.. later

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 02 2020 :  4:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I do enjoy these Tearoom Mysteries by Guideposts. I don't believe they are on Youtube. I think I read that in one of the posts back a bit.
Today JT went to help our son in law do some work on his vehicle. Since he was there so long we decided to do pizza. This is the first time we haven't had home cooked since the middle of March.
I have ended up with 5 boxes of stuff to donate when we can again. Seems the more I downsize, the more I find to get rid of. We've been in this house 20 years and that is the longest we have lived in any one place. I have accumulated way too much stuff in that time. When we retire and move I sure don't want to have to pack it all up. I figure the best thing is to get rid of it now.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile
I hope no one else gets lost on their way to the porch. We sure want everyone who was at the other thread to make it over here. Same porch, just scrubbed it up a bit.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  1:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Good Sonday...My Porchies...

We just finished our Church Service and they had two baptisms at the end. 2 Sisters!! That was awesome!

It is still raining here. But the sunshine comes out every few minutes then the rain comes back again!

I will check back in later girls! Enjoy your Sonday!!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  2:22:55 PM  Show Profile
I left a note on The Virtual Porch to tell People that we moved and to notify the office...I guess the office has decided to leave the Virtual Porch Open. They deleted my Note. Also,
it looked like maybe Denise had done the same thing and hers was down also. Just to let you all know what is going on. We may have Two Porches on MJF. What do you
all think about this??? Do we stay here or move back?????

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 03 2020 2:24:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  5:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Well, no porch sitting for me today,,, bone chilling cold and uber windy...
bummer! Even the Quail are hunkering down...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  9:33:35 PM  Show Profile
If one porch is good then two porches might be even better.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  04:33:43 AM  Show Profile
Not true---LOL. I have porches all around the house and a balcony porch---there's never time to set because they always need staining or swept or hosed off. But still fun to have. Cold nasty weather here in West Virginny too. Bummer!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  05:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Happy Monday sisters of the newer porch! :) Hope you all survived the cold, dreariness, etc of wherever your weekend was. It was 85 here yesterday, but alas I did not know as I am still locked in my prison cell. The GOOD news is that the cell now has a new sub floor, new floor, trim, sink and vanity, and toilet designed by sadistic engineers who use child labor to get hands in the tiny openings they created. Grouting may start today after work. (maybe) DH went to Atlanta yesterday for work and I was soooo looking forward to having the whole bed to my sore, exhausted self.... Got to bed late cause I needed to take a shower and my chair was comfortable. Dog up with urgent barking at 230 - two trips outside - it was too dark to see if they were productive. DH called at 6a to greet me good morning and was surprised I was still asleep!

I had intended to get so many needed outdoor chores done - including planting this month's round of seedlings. Watching this morning's news - we potentially have a frost in the forecast later this week (not not not normal at all) - so trying to remember that everything happens for a reason and that it will all come with patience.

I still have 2 very dirty porches.

Love y'all!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  05:34:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi---I love your Jimmy Carter quote---because I love Jimmy Carter---A great, highly inTelligent man. Or maybe the seventies were happy days for me. Girl--- we are getting 30 chicks to raise on the 27th and we never eat one. My farm family killed chickens when I was little and they were my pets---and I could not eat them. But more power to people who can 0r we would all starve, Rock on Girl .Put down a big pee pad and you won't have to go outside for dog trips. Our little dog would drive us nuts without one. I love SC---spent a lot of m teen years there in the summer.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  06:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Barbara - He may not have been the greatest President, but he is an awesome statesman and human being. Re the moniker - with me - everything means something else :) My chicken ladies are my pets for sure (and I hope to never eat them)! Mine refers more to conquering your fears and moving forward where others stand still. Seize the moment/day as it were. We choose to place limits upon ourselves as a reason for not living/being the most awesome we can be. That's just my reminder to myself to not be 'Chikin'

PS - I grew up in Wheeling WV!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter

Edited by - ChikinsR4dinner on May 04 2020 06:07:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  10:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,
70 here yesterday so outside most all day, 40 today. So in the house I'M. The usual housework this morning. I was craving some good old boiled potatoes so pealed them , ready for later. Lots of butter and salt and pepper. Been working on a crochet tablecloth and an afghan. Don't need either one, just keeping busy. Also reading. So that's it for today so far. One never knows what might come up.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  12:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello to all my cackling*heehee* Porch Buds. Lots of action in the Henhouse lately.
We too had a warm weekend and today are paying for it. Only 49. Tomorrow is suppose to be our last possible frost date... but I too, wonder...hmmm....Tonight and tomorrow night it's suppose to be 40.
Peg, every time somebody writes on here it takes me to the old Virtual Porch instead of here. I have to go into General Chat-Across the Fence- and find this thread. I even deleted the old one...BUT...it does what it wants. *sigh*
Well, my laundry is calling. Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Well Peggy,
I will be hanging out here as I still have trouble with getting to the last page of the other porch thread. I don't want to have to go through that every time.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  3:28:33 PM  Show Profile
NANCY...Hi-Hello, where ya been girl? I haven't seen you in like, FOREVER!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 04 2020 :  5:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Are we staying or going leave me a roadmap please lol
Love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  12:44:51 AM  Show Profile
Well, My Porchies...after reading everyone's posts...I think we just stay here. We are getting more gals stopping by to chat on this here Porch than
we usually had on the Other One. I think the other one was hard to find if you weren't a regular on there.

SO, PORCH #2 it is...NOW OFFICIALLY PROCLAIMED!!! LOL

Teacher Tammy... just keep coming on here. It's good to find a new home every once in awhile!!! Right???

Denise...they did fix the numbering on the Old Porch and a few other places too.

Nancy...we are so HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK ON THE PORCH!!! AS Judy said it has been awhile.

Grace...I saw you got that Cute Scotty Trailer out too. How FUN! They should be enjoyed. If you and hubby need a little distance some times
you can each go to the Trailer of Your Choice! LOL Take a Book or MJF Magazine or a Seed Catalog and something to drink and eat and
shut the door til you cooled down and had your very own "ME" Time. LOL

Judy...how can it take you to The Old Porch???? That is really ODD! Don't go staying over there by your lonesome, now!!! We want ya right
here so we can keep an eye on you!!! *giggle* You and Patsy can get up to some Shananigans sometimes and so, I'm just sayen...we need to
to be able to see you with the eyes in the back of our heads!!

D~ I agree with you about Jimmy Carter being a great Humanitarian. Indeed, that his been his greatest calling!!
Sounds like you did a lot more work than you gave yourself credit for girl. I wish I could do the same. I just seem to do the bare minimum and
call it good...these days! Just ordering groceries and picking them up curbside is a chore. I just want to go to the store and do it myself
but Larry doesn't want me to. Being quarantined is so much WORK! It really takes 10 times longer to do what I normally did in a matter
of mere minutes. ~ I told my oldest son today that if we didn't get this State Opened up soon...I was going to Michigan and join the
Malitia. He was quite concerned about me!!! LOL. I just want to see my Grandbabies!!!!!!! Is that too much to ask???? Well, obviously it
must be. My youngest son, who has those beautiful children is a germaphobe by Nature and so...I will probably NOT get to see them
for two years!! I know...I know...I can hear ya'all sayen "Snap out of it girl and quit whining!!" I Can't...I've tried!! Now, besides the Coronavirus
have you seen the new threat in the State of Washington? It's the Giant Asian Murder Bee. They look like a giant hornet & and are deadly.
Crazy!!! They are 2 inches long and they look like a small Drone! It reminds me of the first book in The Left Behind series for those of
you who have read them...you will know what I mean.

I got a walk-in today...4 miles. I did it early like 11:30 as I knew it was supposed to rain tonight. And it did! I will probably do the same thing
tomorrow! Then back to rain on Wed. and Thurs-Sun in the 70's and 80's!! I got one air-conditioner filter cleaned today and will get
the other done tomorrow, so I am already!!

Okay, girlies...I need to go put in a small grocery order tonight. Talk to You later!!

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 05 2020 :  06:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Peggy- Congrats on the 4 miles - that's fabulous!!!!! Woot Woot! I agree re everything taking longer. We don't have curbside grocery pickup and need to go in. You have to go up and down EVERY aisle to follow the path. Lord help you if you forgot something as you have to go repeat the process to find it! A 30 minute shop now takes 90!

And yes- saw on the news about the hornets. You're right...that's all we need right now. What is it in the bible about the plagues???? :)

For those of you missing family and friends - consider a zoom party. Zoom accounts for individuals are free; you just limit your events to 40 minutes. Only the 'facilitator' of the event needs an account (it's a link for everyone else) and there are PC and phone apps, so anyone with a PC (with camera) or cell phone and tablet can join in. (as facilitator you WILL need to remember to keep hitting the ADMIT button to your meeting - a new security feature) You can have as few or as many participants as you want. I hosted a surprise party for DH's b-day last Sunday evening. Asked everyone to bring a cocktail and cupcake to their computer and join the fun. It was a real hoot....and NO cleanup!

Stay safe sisters!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page