StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2020 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile
We're having a little cooler spell today but back into triple digits after this week. Still smokey. I found gardening isn't always good for you. Two days ago was picking a nice big bunch of chard for dinner and my back went out so I am horizontal for a while. This makes using the laptop a challenge so I may not be here much until I'm better.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2020 :  3:32:22 PM  Show Profile
So sorry, hope you feel better. Praying for you.

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2020 :  7:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

Been hiding from 90s here. Do garden stuff in morning or late evening. Tomatoes are just coming in for me as I started late. Green beans are done.

Calendula, Zinnias, Bachelor Buttons and 4 O'Clocks are all going to seed and that's what I'm doing, collecting it. Asters are just now blooming so

pretty. So humid out there.. U G H !

Thunderstorms moved in tonight so glad I got what I could for now.

Going to pull my Fall deorations out too! I NEED to do something fun. It always cheers me up to see it out.

Take care of yourselves. Hugs & Prayers for all who need and want them..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2020 :  03:51:47 AM  Show Profile
D, we did get the a.c. replaced. It took them all day. They had to take a lot apart to get to every thing. And of course put it all back together. Fortunately they were able to use the same piping so didn't have to tear into the wall. Working great and now we have been having cooler temperatures. Im fine with that. Today and tomorrow are still to warm up again though.
Sorry to hear about your mower. We've a John Deere and so far it's been good we've had it a very long time. In the beginning it seemed we were replacing belts on it every year but now it's been good.
Not much going on here. I been working on finishing up my grandson's quilt and some small hand stitching projects.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2020 :  12:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I see that my last post didn't make it! I am terribly tired! They are painting our Apartment Building and so can't use my portable A/C Unit. Hopefully by tomorrow
night I can stick it back in the window. Right now we are in the mid 90's and so it is Hot! Suppose to get hotter over the next week and a half. I'm ready to so be
done with all their fixing stuff up...that turns out to be just as much work for the Residents. This has been a beast of a year...but God is Faithful to get us through.

Once they are done...then back to putting my Porch back together and my flower beds. I have thrown away some stuff that has gotten old and dingy after 9
years but I still put a lot on my Porch! I make it an outdoor/indoor space if you know what I mean! I think we will have a late fall here weather wise so I would
like to use my Porch for the next month and a half anyway...as I could not enjoy it all Summer long.

I am still trying to figure out how I wish to do on-line Bible Study this Fall and Spring. And yet I just keep pushing it off because of all this other stuff I am doing.
My hubby hasn't been too well lately either which keeps me hopping. I am getting to be with my youngest son and family one night a week and on one of the
weekend days...so, I'm thrilled about that. That way I don't feel so closed off as I was there for about 4 months.

Hope you all have a Splendid Labor Day Weekend! And find something fun to do!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 19 2020 11:17:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2020 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Do you have any fun plans for this Labor Day weekend?  We are planning an exciting trip to the front porch for a gourmet tasting party of some fresh squeezed lemonade.  Neither one of us has to serve as "designated driver" so we might even spot it with a wee bit of Tito's vodka.  But then I will have to operate some heavy equipment (electric stove) later in the day - so maybe not. I'm planning to serve some delightful zucchini appetizers to accompany the libations . . . results of my research for a book I'm writing -- "50 Ways to Serve All That D$%^&* Squash". . . . or, "Wouldn't One Plant Have Been Enough?" Our guest list includes Thelma and Louise (kitties) as well as Rusty and Abbey (doggies). Should be quite an event. Looking in on us from the front field will be Vannah White, Norman and Ms. Piggy (goats), Tess and friends (summer boarders who are from the Bovine family), and our flock of chickens led by Ginger the escape artist.  I have to go now and decide what to wear for the gathering. . . . formal black tie attire???  Nah . . . shorts and flip flops will do . . .    Happy end of summer hurrah . . .    jean
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2020 :  3:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jean! Lol!
We were going to take it easy but our water pipes have different ideas. Leaking from the upstairs bathroom vanity. So we are replacing pipes flooring and ceiling. So much fun ahead.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2020 :  08:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!

I've been on a facebook break. Got so tired of all the nonsense. Then I decided to take it a bit further and really limit my internet use. I really need to check in here more often though. I miss everyone!

Hubby is in terrible pain. His back is killing him. It's not in the usual place where he has an old injury. Plus he didn't do anything to tweak it. I'm thinking it might be shingles without the rash. He has a stye and lots of irritation in his eye. Glad there is a clinic open today. I got him an appointment at 3pm. Prayers that it's an easy fix. I've never seen him like this before. The pain is making him nauseated.

Glad for some cooler weather. Might be campfire season soon! Can't wait.

Oh, and I was so excited to see my comment was printed in the latest MJF magazine! Yay me. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2020 :  5:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Praying for him

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2862 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2862 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2020 :  5:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Jean, your Labor Day sounds like my kind of holiday!
Deb, I had shingles with very little rash, and HORRIBLE internal pain. Also, gastro upsets. It was not fun. If you can get to the doc soon, there are some meds that take the edge off, but have to be administered soon after the onset of symptoms.
Don't do facebook. Looks like a waste of time to me.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  04:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Deb,
Sorry to hear about the back pain. Hope they were able to help him.

I don't get on Facebook to often. Just to see if there is anything going on with my kids and grands.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  10:21:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all! He's doing better. Dr. doesn't think it's shingles but we are to check for a rash that may develop. Just in case. Dr. thinks it was muscle spasms. Gave him a cortisone shot and some muscle relaxers. He's only had to take 1 muscle relaxer and slept without taking 1 so I'm guessing the shot worked.

It is such a lovely day today. Spent some time on my porch enjoying the cool breeze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  06:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Deb - Great news. Here's hoping he continues to feel better. Denise - You're having a 'D' year. If it's not 5 things - it's another :) Peggy - hope you got to spend some quality time with the family!

My weekend was therapeutic?? My wrist said I did 18 miles of walking chores, plus 12 hours on the tractor. I am thrilled to be sitting at my desk today. And still have fall decorating to do this week (still looking forward to it!)

The month of Kevin has started - It will all get better.

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  09:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Hope all of you Sisters in the path of mother nature this week have a porch that stands strong. Know we love ya!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  1:06:19 PM  Show Profile
Not sure the best place to post this . . . but while we're sitting on the porch chatting, I want to tell you about a fabo gift idea. After all Christmas is just around the corner now. And, this one you can easily "do" sitting right where you are now (in front of the computer LOL). Check out http://www.bookbyyou.com/ . A girlfriend gave me one a few years back -- she somehow knew my high school boyfriend's name (from 100 year's ago) and used it. I can't tell you what a fun read it was. Now if you have any school-age kids on your gift list who complain about reading, fear not. They will devour a book in which they are the star character. Many fun topics to choose from. Let me know what you think. Everyone I've ever given one to adores it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  8:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Jean, thanx for the site..
yep,, it's getting near that, 'put away our gardening and start prepping for the Holidays' season...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2020 :  08:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi my sweet Porchies, not sure where I have been but I just saw this thread, yet another fun way to keep up with each other.
Enjoying life in our new city and state of Coos Bay, Oregon. We been here two months and I just Love living on the coast and being so close to the Ocean.
We started getting a bit of rain last night and this morning, it feels great! I just hope where all our numerous fires are that there is a lot more rain to help our weary firefighters to get these suckers under control. I send them much love and prayers.
Everyone enjoy your day and please stay well and safe,

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  04:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you got some rain Debbie.
Praying for rain where those fires are now.

I haven't visited the porch lately.

It has been cooling down here and I am gearing up for full Fall mode. Looking to get my apples and make apple butter and applesauce to put up and put away.

Working on some Christmas gifts

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  5:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I have found you all again! I use to be on the old across the fence quite a few years ago. Peggy, I’m sure you remember me.
I’m still in The Dalles oregon. Sigh...
My oldest moved to the Seattle area and is looking to buy a house for us.
I took a full time job a few years ago and couldn’t keep up with posts. I just retired and miss this terribly.

So....Hello everyone.

Bunny

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise

Edited by - Bearclover on Sep 18 2020 5:46:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  6:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny -- Welcome back! I came back after a long while gone, too. I can't imagine not being here now.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  6:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judith,
Yes it has been a long time. I really miss having normal people to talk to. My sister moved in about 5 years ago with my mom and I and is a malignant Narcissist. It’s pretty toxic around here most days. Going to work was my safe place.
It will be nice to connect with everyone again.
It has been really smoky here with the fires. We are safe and today is the first day it has t been bad. We got rain last night and some wind.
I miss blue sky.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  04:16:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Bunny! I remember when you were here before. Good to see you again. I'm sorry you have to deal with toxicity in your life. Glad to hear you got rain. Still praying for the west coast to get rain to put all the fires out. Look forward to seeing you here. This is a good place to get encouragement each day.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  07:01:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone been a while since I came to the porch. School resumed for me and has been quite busy. So far it has gone well. I pray next year I won't have to be co-head teacher which is like principal I have almost quit but God reminds me it is about his purpose not mine. On Labor Day I tripped over my beloved golden retriever and broke my ankle and sprained the other one. I had ankle surgery a week ago they put a rod and screw in it. I have a scooter at school and crutches. It is going to be six to eight weeks for healing and then 4 to 6 weeks of physical therapy. If anything God is teaching my independent spirit patience and how to a,low others to help me.

Peggy my group is back together for bible study but Beth Moore has a study on Galatians that is online. I am doing that on my own, if you go to living proof there is info on it. Might work for your group.

Hope everyone is doing well. I think I will sit on the porch for a while. Since my wings have been temporarily clipped. #128513;
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Front Porch Daisies
http://frontporchdaisies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  08:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I saw sunshine e this morning for the first time in I don’t know how long. We really take it for granted sometimes. It’s back behind rain clouds now. I hope for rain. But we get faked out all the time because of where we live. But nice to see real sky instead of brown.

Tammy so sorry about the broken bones! And yes, asking for help can be hard.

Denise, nice to see you hear too! I can’t wait to get back into a happy habit of being here regularly.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  08:10:52 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bearclover

Good morning everyone. I saw sunshine e this morning for the first time in I don’t know how long. We really take it for granted sometimes. It’s back behind rain clouds now. I hope for rain. But we get faked out all the time because of where we live. But nice to see real sky instead of brown.

Tammy so sorry about the broken bones! And yes, asking for help can be hard.

Denise, nice to see you here too! I can’t wait to get back into a happy habit of being here regularly.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page