levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  1:29:40 PM  Show Profile
D, you are right it is the simple things that seem to bring the most joy.

We lost two of our hens last night. JT thinks it was a cat. We have a few living in the woods. So we are down to two girls. I think we will see if our neighbor wants them to add to his flock.

Whatever it was wasn't big enough to get them over the fence and was apparently trying to pull them through it. So they were killed in the yard. JT buried what was left of them. Sometimes I have a love/hate relationship wild life.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  2:03:04 PM  Show Profile
D -- So sorry about you losing your fur babies.
Denise -- Sad about your chickens.

Losing our critters is so hard. They become family.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  2:17:41 PM  Show Profile
The ice maker and dishwasher are still broken but I did finally fix my computer myself. Probably saved some $$ too. I used my phone to search and try various fixes and finally found one that worked. I had to use a magnifying glass to read on my phone but I was desperate. It was kind of scary trying things; I never knew if I as going to click on a wrong thing and have my computer melt before my eyes, but the fifth or sixth attempt worked so now I am connected with the world again.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  2:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Awwww...D, sorry to hear about your fur baby. Thank God for that little miracle of 'A first egg!"
It's true, if we don't keep our eyes and heart open for the little surprises & giggles in life, how will we appreciate the big ones? Sometimes its just days and days of those little ones... and that's ok.
Embrace ALL of them, right?
Denise, I vote for Kevin too. Hahaha Too funny! hmmmm...What holidays could we have in the month of Kevin? Hahaha
Shannon, still busybusybusy I see! Smell the flowers...er...tomatoes n cukes girlie... summers going fast.
Peg, you can have those triple digits

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  03:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Judith so glad you got your computer fixed yourself. Such a pain when we have to have someone else do it.

Washing windows and doing a bit of fall cleaning early. Hoping it will come faster I guess. Lol.

Will have to think on that one Judy. Always good to have a holiday to celebrate! Hmm, now what would work in the month of Kevin? Maybe something Hallothankmas? Since the stores usually have everything out at once we could decorate and have costumes and a big dinner. We could go around to people collecting food stuffs and whatever we get we would come up with a meal with all of it. Lol. It's early and I'm being silly.

Enjoying the coolness and quiet on the porch this morning with my tea.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 18 2020 03:55:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  05:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Denise - I'm sorry to hear about your chickens. I agree - Nature can be a cruel *****!!! I've got my girls in a nature proof (???) enclosure. So far - no losses, but moving the monstrosity on a regular basis is a pain in the behind!

Thank you all for the well wishes. All of my babies had been with me 10 (dog) and up to 18 years (cats). I am sad they are not sitting at my feet while I work, or putting a paw in the middle of my face in the middle of the night (to tell me to stop snoring????). We have an - ugh- puppy , who has helped to bridge the gap, but I'm as frustrated by him as much as I love him. Each day is a test of my will not to commit murder. ;)

Judith - Congrats on thwarting the repair techs and doing it yourself! There should be a merit badge category for computers!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy/ Denise - I LOVE where you are going with the month of Kevin and the holiday!!!!!!!!!! It's clear creative minds are at work and something awesome will come from it!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  12:28:57 PM  Show Profile
The month of Kevin sounds like what my mother used to call Septober.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  1:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Ah ha, now y'all have triggered the ole brain cells . . . . just thought of this from my childhood 100 years ago . . . . do you remember --"30 days hath Septober, April, June, and no wonder. All the rest like peanut butter, excepting Grandmother -- she rides a bicycle." Hmmmmmmm, I guess I have too much coronamadness time on my hands. I'm a newbie here, so please bear with me and tell me what the "Kevin" significance is. Thank you very much . . . Elvis has left the building.
jean
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Just came in from picking tomatoes out in my garden... Why you ask??? cause it stated raining! just for about 5min..
Oh how sweet the fresh rain smells... much needed Happy...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  4:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace, I love the smell of homegrown tomatoes!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  05:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Jean- We love new members and we're glad you've found the porch. It's a great place to sit a spell. And no - I've never heard that turn of phrase - but love it! :)
As for Kevin - It's the first month of 2021 - having generously been donated by the remaining 4 months of 2020 who could not put together a long enough string of good days to make the year worthwhile.

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  09:51:54 AM  Show Profile
Such a beautiful day. Hubby & I decided to take a ride thru the country, stop for donuts and drop off our recycling.... except our truck won’t start and here we sit in the donut shop parking lot. Waiting on a tow truck now. At least it’s not stinking hot out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  11:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,
Cooler here today, feels nice, really could use some rain, but don't like to tell Mother nature what to do.
Reading a good book, "DOLL BABY". .25 cents at a garage sale last week. Nice nice story. Ok, I meant to say the book is BABY DOLL. not DOLL BABY.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO

Edited by - Nancy Gartenman on Aug 19 2020 2:16:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  2:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....

D- I vote for the month of Absurdity! Let us just lob the rest of the year together and be done with it.
I am a person who usually loves Change...I see it as God's way of shaking us out of our complacencies.
But 2020 has been one continual wrecking-ball of change and I'm so over it!!

Denise...so sorry to hear about your chickens and your days of mourning the loss of your Parents.
Do you get Netflix??? The reasons I ask is there is a Series airing called I SURVIVED...BEYOND AND BACK.
IT is a show about people who actually died and went to either Heaven or Hell and were sent back to
their bodies on Earth. It is a show of Hope and dispelling the fear of death. I find it riveting and inspiring.
If you want an uplift in the metal of all this COVID and Political Mess...try it out!!

D~good for you for fixing your computer. I really hate computer problems!

WELL...my husband is having breathing problems so, I better go and come back later!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  3:26:53 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I've not heard that version... but I LIKE it!
Deb, well at LEAST there are DONUTS! Hahaha You won't starve! Hahaha
Nancy, 25 cents... Sweet... you can't go wrong there.
We are still having fall temps here and lots of sun to make up for the coolness. We had a low of 58 last night. I awoke this morning and my piggies were screaming for another blankie. Luckily I threw one at the foot of the bed before turning in, just in case ... so I just burrowed under it and me and my pigs said, "ahhhhh!" hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  3:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, no we don't get Netflix. Too far out here in the sticks.

Deb, I hope your truck problem is taken care of.
Need to scoot just popped in for minute.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 25 2020 4:08:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  4:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Denise.... wait-what?... hahahahaha....You just did what for a minute??? Hahaha "Clean up in Aisle 4!" hahahahaha
I just remembered another saying for the months that I'd heard not too long ago...
30 days hath September, All the rest I can't remember! hahaha
I like it!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 25 2020 4:32:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2020 :  12:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Jean...WELCOME TO THE PORCH!!! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!!! You have a great sense of humor...which we all love!!

Denise...I'm glad that I'm not the only one who types too fast and makes typos! LOL I bought my hubby a Smart TV for
Christmas and we get a lot of streaming stations with it.

Judy...girl I have been wondering where you were. MIA for a few days like me!!!

Grace...I didn't grow any tomatoes this year but the ones I have been getting at the Grocery Store are
out of thie world good . Same with the Watermelons. So sweet and Juicy!

Nancy Jo...I will have to check out Baby Doll!!

Didn't make it to my sons place for dinner tonight because of my hubby. I was
worried about this not breathing so well, I checked his oxygen levels several
times and that was on the low side of good.

Sweet Dreams Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2020 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Prayers went up for you and Larry, Buddy <3 <3

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2020 :  4:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh my word, I fixed it. It may have been autocorrect, it hates me. Lol!!
At least I can tell who's paying attention.

We lost power a bit ago then it came back on now it's off again.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  06:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Good Wednesday Sisters of the Porch! Sitting here at my desk with my morning tea realizing what a blessing it is to have a day with ZERO meetings in it. I guess I must be tiring of 'corporate world' really quickly. The only conference I want to have is with my chickens! Had a family discussion last week. Due to 2020 (the new month of Kevin shall reign!!) craziness we've decided to make all the gifts for each other this year. I had better get cracking. There's 15 of them!

On the plus side - spent last weekend pressure washing the house. NOW my porches are clean and a wonderful place to sit. Hopefully we will start getting some fall coolness in the next 8 weeks and make it better to be there! Happy Sitting!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  09:14:38 AM  Show Profile
Well the a.c. went out yesterday morning they can't get to us this week. So we have a small window unit and fans. Of course August is going out with hot temps this week. I am too spoiled with the a.c. I guess.
My granddaughter has been here since Tuesday. Going home today. We always enjoy her coming.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 26 2020 09:23:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  10:10:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Denise, I’m so sorry about your ac. That’s bad. I really hope the weather cools down for you. I long for my porch but right now I’m in the salt mines. Another hour and a half to go.

Trust Jesus
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  11:41:08 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca,
It's not too bad today,actually. There is a nice breeze going.
We've decided what we will get we just need to set up the time for them to install it.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2020 :  09:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Happy Hump Day Sisters of the Porch!
Denise - we are supposed to get over 100 here today with the heat index - so thought of you and the AC. Hope it's fixed and was an easy one to do.
Not much new and interesting going on here. Work continues (as does the list of people I'd like to murder :) ) Hubby is still in NY, but expect him to find his way home in the next couple of weeks. Football season (likely the last college season I will ever care about (don't get me started)) starts in 12 days - at least for us. My girls have started laying eggs. 6 ladies ~2 'good' eggs per day. Still getting unformed shells after a week or 2, but hoping the calcium feed and oyster shells will help solve that problem. JoJo the cat has applied to officially own the farm - we all just really work for her. Moose the Destructor (dog) has proven that he's the most stubborn of all of the stubborn breed dogs we've ever had - this past week he ate 4 shoes, the molding in my kitchen and 'marked' my guestroom bed. He has a an appointment to get fixed - but vets here are way backed up - can't get in till middle of October!

The commercial-grade mower (John Deere #2) is broken after only 238 hours on it. Been gone for 6 weeks now and I am drowning in grass. Have had to use the tractor and bush hog to knock it all down; the equivalent of using hedge trimmers to give yourself a haircut. Only Kubota's for me from now on.
Projects continue. Looking forward to the weekend - 3 days worth! - and the chance to pull out all of the fall decorations. I have somewhat of a pumpkin fetish apparently. Yay fall!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page