katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  8:44:11 PM  Show Profile
I got home later last night from a 5 day visit with my mom for her 85th Birthday..
As some of you know, a year and a half a go she suffered a 2nd stroke which was very severe and dibilitating.
So grateful to have her with us,, we may not be able to communicate with her and walking is a struggle for her,, but she still laughs and she still hugz.... so counting my blessings.

Be sure to take time to cherish your family,

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  11:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Grace that is a Blessing! My mom passed last year 2 weeks before her 85th Birthday. We weren't really close
but as close as we could be. I loved her because she was my Mother and I tried to Honor her as I'm sure you
do. And I do really miss her at times. When I found my cousin that I had been looking for 43 years...I so wish
I could have picked up the phone and called my mom...because she knew how hard I had tried to reconnect with her.
It is the little things that my Mom passed onto me that I loved her for; my love of reading, my love of flowers,
my love of Family. and yes, even my stubbornness! The one thing I got to share with my Mother in return was
My Love of God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit and I prayed for her for 30 years before she gave her life Fully to
Jesus and His Saving Grace. So, I feel like I gave her the Best...even as she gave me The Best of Herself. I'm
glad your Mom is still around to laugh with and go visit.

Love and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  05:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Hugs to you Grace. I pray your mother will continue to heal from her stroke and regain her ability to communicate with you more. Each day you had with her was a blessing, so glad you had this visit to be with her.

Dawn in IL

The earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  05:32:31 AM  Show Profile
Grace so glad your visit with your mom was a good one. Precious moments.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am so glad you were able to go and spend some time with your Mom! For sure, those laughs and hugs mean so much and I am happy for you that she is still able to share that with you.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  12:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Grace it's so wonderful that you visit your mom. I bet these trips mean so much to you and your mom. I spend a lot of time with my mom as well. We try to get together at least once a week. We definitely have loads of memories.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all...I truly love my mom.....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2019 :  09:38:53 AM  Show Profile
So happy that you had a wonderful visit with your mom. You are very lucky to still have her and even more lucky to have had such a great mom.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  7:27:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by katmom

I got home later last night from a 5 day visit with my mom for her 85th Birthday..
As some of you know, a year and a half a go she suffered a 2nd stroke which was very severe and dibilitating.
So grateful to have her with us,, we may not be able to communicate with her and walking is a struggle for her,, but she still laughs and she still hugz.... so counting my blessings.

Be sure to take time to cherish your family,

>^..^<

Each day is a blessing and each blessing is a gift.
How wonderful that you had some time to spend with your mother. My mom is gone now. She passes a year ago and I am thankful for the times I spent with her. Treasure each moment so that you will have wonderful memories to reflect on later. Prayers and farmgirl hugs.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

margie38572
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Margaret
Crossville TN
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  8:48:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad that you were able to visit with your mom. My mother passed away in 1999 when she had seven grandchildren. Now that I'm a grandmother I wonder at times what Mom would think of her great-grandbabies if she'd lived long enough to meet them. I still have quite a few of her things here with me. Some of the items, especially her old cookie cutters, take me back to my childhood. I remember Mom cutting out sugar cookies with those cutters. She'd let me cut some of the cookies out. My favorite cutter was and still is the red plastic reindeer which I use whenever I make sugar cookies. I'm glad your mom still can laugh and hug! Blessings. Marge, Farmgirl #7915, one of the newest "kids" on the block.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  10:53:32 PM  Show Profile
Boy,,, am I glad I visited with my mom recently,,, because she had a Grand mal seizure yesterday and was rushed to ER..
She is back home today,, a bit sluggish. My sister and I set up an appointment for mom with a Neurologist for this Wednesday..

Thank goodness there is a fire station just down the street from her house and the EMT's and Ambulance is less than 2min.. Thank goodness for our EMT's.
Thanx again for all of your uplifting and kind words.
Farmgirl hugz.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Visited with my Mom... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page