HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  1:55:32 PM  Show Profile
How do you girls that have goats transport them when taking them to a vet? I have put goats in my Honda Fit many times and driven them to the vet or to somebody that wants one. How many of you have done this and does it make you a redneck?

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  3:51:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara
I don't have goats but I do have a story for you. I work at a nature reserve by my home and one day I was on mt. bike patrol. I came across two people waaaayyy off trail with two llamas. I called them over and explained the rules to them. They were polite and left to leave when I got back to the park office the ranger asked if I had come across these people. I said I did. He asked if I saw them pack up and leave. I said I didn't see them totally leave the park. He showed me a picture of their mini van with those two big beasts kneeling in the back. He said they crawled in from the back door and just settled back. Wish I could ha've seen that. Looked pretty cute and funny in the picture. Probably more funny to other drivers on the I-15.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  4:11:08 PM  Show Profile
You would be surprised what you can fit in vehicles. I used to take 3 of my Great Danes to dog shows in my VW Rabbit. They all knew where to go, and it really wasn't that bad, and the sunroof was enjoyed by all. I used to stop at drive-thrus and buy each of them a small hamburger. Got some stares for sure!
Our goats have been put in the back of our minivan, with seats that can be removed. Would love to have seen those llamas!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  4:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My husband had a goat named Ebony - he called her his "dog". She rode in the convertible with the top down. Got lots of looks that way. She was at my DIL's and jumped in the car several times and went to Dallas with she and the grandkids. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 10 2018 10:31:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  7:49:00 PM  Show Profile
I can just picture three great Dane heads catching rays out of the sun roof Lisa.

And Linda, we have convertibles all over So. Cal. but I never seen one with a goat ridin' shotgun. That is so cute.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  10:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here are pictures of Ebony and Ed in the convertible.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  10:10:04 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE all of these funny stories and the goat riding in the car is great. Even I don't have the nerve to ride around with llamas and great danes. So nice to know there are other people like me. My neighbor used to come down on her four wheeler with her two little kids and pet goat. It loved to ride and I would let it in the house with them.

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Even though Ed covered the seats when Ebony was riding, she never peed or pooped in the car. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic goat transportation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page