True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  05:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

I hate to admit this, but for the first time ever, we've neglected our vegetable garden this year. Our neighbors are literally ruining our quality of life.

My husband is easy going and everyone likes him. The little things that would otherwise irritate me, he let's roll off his back. Well, that is until the neighbors from hell moved in next door over a year ago. They are about our age, the wife a teacher, the husband, I'm not sure, but he seems to sometimes sleep all day, until he emerges to let the dog out. They let the dog bark for hours, and I mean literally, hours. Their property from mine is maybe 10 feet? Maybe not even. My veggie garden is on the edge of the property, and their pool is like 4' from the property line.

The wife screams bloody murder, that we can hear inside of our house (and I'm sure the other neighbors hear it too) you can tell there are some serious issues there. I even contemplated calling the cops once because I really thought she was going to hurt her kids. I've heard her screaming at them outside, and I've heard her hit them. The anxiety I get is terrible. I hate to be put in the position to call the cops, but if I ever hear that again I will. My initial reaction was to go next door and intervene, but my husband says not to. This has caused me a lot of stress. I had a mentally unstable mother myself, and no one ever came to help us kids. So this situation is very stressful for me.

Her husband likes playing his quitar at 6:30am OUTSIDE while singing, AND he likes to whistle. His guitar playing is a constant thing, and i honestly think he wants everyone to hear. He seems to be full of himself. The wife lets out 'sex moans' everyone can hear, even though she is not really doing it, she's just sick in the head.

One day while I was outside working in the garden, the dog barked for 1.5 hrs constantly. The wife was outside with the dog and did nothing, I wound up calling the cops, because i was literally shaking from the stress of it all. Of course when she has company you can hear her telling the dog to stop barking- so she is aware of it, she just doesnt care.

I love being outside. I'm outside (or was) whenever i can be. I cook outdoors a lot and it's where I (use to)find peace. My husband has been so stressed by this that he gets angry and goes in the house. We literally cannot sit outside for 5 minutes in peace. Because of the aggravation, I've neglected everything I planted from seed. Nothing really grew, i just abandoned it all. When I went into my garden 2 weeks ago to look around, my heart sank. Weeds took over the garden, it was obvious that there was no recovering from it this year. The garden is done.

It was at that moment that I vowed not to allow anyone to ruin anything for me moving forward, though i know it will be hard to do. Then there are the 'city people' who own the house on the other side of us, who use the house as a party house, inviting family and friend, having loud parties blasting music.

We are counting the days until we leave. We have about 3 years until my husband retires, and we are buying acreage in another state. We are leaning towards north carolina, though nothing is fully decided upon yet.

We go out of our way to NOT be disruptive to our neighbors. We do not allow our dogs to bark constantly. We don't yell or fight. It's been so aggravating.

To top it all off, these new neighbors have a cat that they let roam the neighborhood. The cat is constantly in our gardens, and our dogs go crazy when it's around. The cat is at my front door, or sleeping on our cars. It's all we can do to keep our dogs from busting out the front door to go after the cat. I had my husband go next door to warn them that if our dogs catch their cat, that they will likely kill it. The wife told my husband, 'if it happens it happens'.

SIGH -no harvests, no dehydrating, no canning :(

I'm at a loss. If I go over there, I'm sure there will be a confrontation. I don't wish to stoop to her level. What I'd like to do is record her screaming and send it to the school where she works as a teacher. I've even contemplated calling CPS on her.

When I called the cops about her dog barking, I know she told the neighbors on the other side of her. Because when her dog continued barking, you could hear everyone (including the other neighbor) trying to shut the dog up. So now I'm the bad guy. One day after that when my dogs barked for like 10 seconds, she was in the yard and starting screaming to her husband (for everyone to hear) that MY dogs were barking. She clearly is mentally unstable.

I am not friendly with the couple on the other side of her because when we first moved in 9 years ago, the husband of that couple threatened he would kill my older son, because he was riding his dirt bike and thought he would run over his kids. Turns out my husband went to high school with this creep, so I had him go talk to him right away. Mind you, even though this guy lives 2 houses over, one day while i was sitting on my back patio, i looked up to find him standing all the way in his backyard, with a beer in hand, staring at me. So needless to say I've never had any use for him. Everyone else on the block is generally quiet. Sorry for the long post, I'm just at a loss. I work from home, so I never get a break from it.

I don't get it. I live in a nice neighborhood, this is not a slum. What is wrong with people?

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ Handcrafted Artisan Soap
http://saratoga-rose.blogspot.com/ My published books & other writing.
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

Edited by - naturemaiden on Sep 13 2017 06:09:41 AM

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  10:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry you have the neighbors from Hell. I hope you can get back to your gardening and peaceful backyard. Hugs!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  11:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Connie! I can only TRY to imagine what it's like. I'm glad I live in the country and that our neighbors are good neighbors.
I will pray!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  11:17:06 AM  Show Profile
So sorry Connie. Hope things change for you.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  10:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie, I pray for peace to settle in for and your neighbors. How sad it is that people live like that. Thinking of you and hope the situation gets better.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  5:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Praying for your situation to change, Connie. I wouldn't enjoy that environment at all! Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  5:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Connie so sorry to hear this. Praying your time will come quickly for your move.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  12:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Selfish, self-centered people seem to be everywhere these days. For next year's garden, would headphones playing soothing music help? Praying for you and your husband, Connie. Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  2:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Well it's been quiet since she went back to school. How nice to be able to breathe in the fresh air in peace. I'm using my new found energy to reorganize my priorities and get back on track. I'll be cleaning up the garden starting this week, and am making plans for my garden for next year. Thanks for the encouragement. My sunflowers did well anyway. I grew each one from seed and they were at least 12' tall! I took a lot of pictures this year.

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ Handcrafted Artisan Soap
http://saratoga-rose.blogspot.com/ My published books & other writing.
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ Vintage Sewing Machine Parts
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  06:30:16 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures...how amazing that you caught that bee and butterfly so perfectly!!!! :-) Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic No harvests this year Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page