Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Mini Apron Swap #4 - Patriotic SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mini Apron Swap #4 - Patriotic SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 7

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  9:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I don't see a link, Marilyn, but I went to Pinterest and looked. Yes, they would probably be Hostess Aprons. Anything that is cute, perky, playful (?), and probably wouldn't do anything to keep your clothes clean. LOL! I already know what fabric(s) I will be using, and hope it turns out like I think I want it to do.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:09:44 PM  Show Profile
I made a proto type today and am pretty pleased with how it turned out....
sew,,, Bring it On! I am ready to party up and get to stitchin'

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Again you are an over achiever.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:17:36 PM  Show Profile
lol!,, just me, the kat a glass of wine and some fabric... lol!

I recall my mom calling them, 'Hostess Aprons" for the card club,,, but for evening, 'cocktail aprons'
but no matter what you call them,, they are just too cute!

I have a couple that are out of that chiffon type fabric... with lace trimings... like you said,,, didn't protect ones clothing,,, but sure looked cute!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have several out of the chiffon-tpe fabric. They are cute, but definitely not made to protect the clothing worn undereath. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:52:17 PM  Show Profile
I guess they did their party prep in a regular apron, then cleaned up, put on party clothes and a special apron. They are so fancy and darling too.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  11:04:15 PM  Show Profile
And they didn't wash well... hand washed and ironed on a barely warm setting.... but like you said... super cute over 'suzie homemakers' LBD with heels and pearl necklace!

(LBD=little black dress)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  09:26:40 AM  Show Profile
Has everyone received their patriotic minis?

They are all sew cute! And now to patiently wait for our fearless swap mama to return from her vacation get away sew we can start sending in our "Animal " themed mini 's....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  11:25:14 AM  Show Profile
I know Grace. Mine are ready, waiting for a final count. Right now I just want to sleep...It seems I just don't get enough of the deep restful sleep. Soon though, I hope to saw some logs.
How did you end up in the mountains of California? I think it must be beautiful. Is it cool? Do you have the beautiful flowers like they
Grow in Los Angeles, etc. Are You near Tahoe??? I remember the very tall Shasta daisies I saw there. My sister was in a hurry to go eat or go to a show, while I am piddling along looking at the beautiful flowers and landscaping.
TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 17 2017 11:30:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  12:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marilyn....
living in the mountains has it's pros & cons...
Green tree filled mountains and wild flowers... here it's mostly poppies and lupin, pine and oak trees.... but with that beauty comes heavy rains and snow depending on your elevation...and the threat of mountain wild fires..... because this is a community dependent on tourist... it can be annoying at times...but they are our main source of revenue.
I love the wild life but does make it hard to have out door pets...and I get angry when I hear people say something dumb like
'lost another cat/dog ' to the coyotes again... well No Duh! Don't leave your pets outside unattended!

But for me, I have come to discover that living up here aggravates my COPD... and no, I am not nor haver ever been a smoker! Uugh!
in the cold weather days everyones fireplace/chimney are smoking and all the burn piles really get me.... so for my health I need to get oof the mountain...
but I will miss all the lakes and spring waterfalls....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  12:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Oops! I forgot to answer your question.... back in 1988 -late 1990'
we use to come up here for family get aways... and we had dear friends who lived and still do, so we always said we would move here and 4 yrs later we did.
Coarsegold is about 25miles to the entrance of Yosemite National Park.
and Bridalveil Falls is the famous and icon falls that you see associated with Yosemite.... and rightfully so...it is spectacular!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  4:08:19 PM  Show Profile
That is very interesting Grace. I never smoked but grew up with a dad who did. I guess most men smoked in the 1950s and 60s. I remember when I rode the bus back to college after Thanksgiving in 1961, the bus was so smokey and my clothes and hair stunk when I emerged. My husband smoked for some years then just quit. Thank goodness. About three years ago he bought a wood stove, because he was cold. So now every winter in January I get bronchitis and wheezing. I have learned to use essential oils and other natural remedies to get rid of it. Because we are surrounxed by hay fields, which get fertilizer and weed killer treatments every spring...well it is not good for wheezing. So I understand your need to leave the mountain. We live in a rolling hills area. This property is higher where the houses are but drops of gradually. In the summer there is a dramatic change to a cooler temp in the evenings when we go down to the barn. We have grass fires, caused by people, vehicles and trains...some of the worst ones were caused by electric lines slapping together and sparking out on ranches. Tornadoes and big hail are threats. Thankfully I have not personally had bad damage from either. It gets really hot in August and then we have Indian Summer in Sept. And Oct?

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  4:46:10 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya,, my dad was a 2pack a day smoker... uugh!

I think it is safe to say, no matter where we live here in the US,,, there are weather issues... just depends on what one can tolerate...
In SO. Cal it's earthquakes and fire storms,,, in Central CA, droughts one year and flooding the next and earthquakes... where I lived in eastern Washington it's ice storms and 5ft of snow! lol! In Kansas, tornados,,, East coast, hurricanes... yep we all get something... but I still love living in the USA...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  6:20:37 PM  Show Profile
The good ole USA is a pretty good place.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  6:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
O beautiful for spacious skies.......I love my aprons! So cute! Thank you all for these treasures. On to all the next minis! Hugs to all you lovelies!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 20 2017 :  12:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Debra-the swap is over. Do you mean for the animal print fabric swap?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mini Apron Swap #4 - Patriotic SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page