katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2017 :  11:04:48 PM  Show Profile
I was a 'dish water blond' growing up,,, and then while in High School I was a 'Bottle Blond'... then decided it was time to be taken more serious and embraced the warm brown tones and then about 25 years ago I decided it was time to kick things up again... and went radical red! lol!
I think I was every shade of red that Lady Clairol made...
Some flattering and some not so much! lol!
I found a few pics to share....

me in Germany.

hubby and I in Mexico.

me and my fur kids in SO. Calif.

When I retired and hubby and I moved to Washington,, I let my hair grow out,,, and discovered I loved the blend of blond/grey and white..

Every now and then I am tempted to go Red again... but then I think about the upkeep and have a chocolate cookie instead! lol!

So what is/was your favorite hair color?

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  01:24:32 AM  Show Profile
Grace...we have our haircolors in common too Sister! I was born a Redhead but in my mid 30's I went through a very stressful period
in my Life and I started to go gray. Well, I was not ready to be Old before my time...so I started coloring my red with Henna
to cover my gray and I did that until I was 53, came down with Fibro and could no longer hold my arms over my head that long to color
it...so I used a product that stripped all my color out in 3 days time...right down to my gray. By that time I was totally gray. I
like my gray hair...it is gray with blonde and red highlights. Funny thing is people ask me all the time if I color it that way. LOL
A few times I thought about coloring it Red Again...because I think Redheads Have More Fun! At least I always had more male attention in those days. LOL When I let my hair go all gray even women started holding the doors open for me. That made me feel really OLD.
But I do love the Freedom of not dealing with all the coloring and fussing over my hair. Thanks for sharing your Redhead pictures.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9253 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9253 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  07:55:18 AM  Show Profile
Grace you look fantastic with your natural color. I am blonde and have always toyed with the idea of going with a bit of red highlights or something. Got really close to doing brown low lights. Haven't gotten up the nerve to do it yet. I've never colored it and I'm afraid it would be drastic. I also have eyebrows that are light. It's not a white blonde but still.....
Fortunately my mom was in her mid 80's before hers turned white, no gray for the blonde ones in our family.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6823 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6823 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  08:24:34 AM  Show Profile
Grace, through the years I guess I have tried every color there is but I don't think - hope I wouldn't - try the bright purples, blues, and green I see today.

My favorite all time color was burgundy red until my hair turned silver and the dye would no longer last more than a week or two. Then I went to reverse frost with brown dye. That lasted for a couple of go arounds then I let my hair grow out and have been silver ever since.

Awhile back CeeJay had a name for silver/gray hair but I can't remember where it's posted. CeeJay help me out and tell us what you call it.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  11:15:45 AM  Show Profile
Yep...(dyed) red hair requires upkeep ... the red fades in 2-3 weeks...
but as I Lways would say... "if you buy stock in hair dye, I will make you rich!"... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  12:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Sara...a couple of times a year I put a wide stripe of Purple in the top of my hair.
Just for a little flair. But it is gone in a month. I love the bright vibrant Purples and Reds but NOT for an entire head of hair. Just for a touch of FUN!

Henna...is a Natural Plant and lasts 3 months when you do it. But it is like Mud and
smells like the barnyard when you apply it. Most People brush it onto the hair with
think strips of hair...but I developed a shampoo in way to use it. It was so much easier
and had the same great results. But you have to leave it in your hair with a cap on for 45 minutes before you rinse it out. It use to take me 1-2 hours to color my hair with it depending on which application method I used. The Color was Amazing though.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6823 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6823 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  1:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann I know you are beautiful with your purple streak. Maybe I need to reset my thinking to 2017.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  5:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Gracie Grace...you look great in all those shades.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6726 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6726 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  12:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Grace, you look absolutely beautiful in any color of hair! I agree with red hair though! I have colored my hair red many times and love it but the upkeep is extremely hard. To make it last longer I would take cold showers and wash my hair only every 3 days and even with that it still faded fast. My favorite red is fire engine red!

Sara, I am one of those crazy girls who has colored her hair an all over purple! Ha ha! I have actually had blue and green streaks before and an all over color of purple. I get extremely board with my hair and love drastic hair changes. We only live once and I love being crazy!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13573 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13573 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  1:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gracie,
You are just beautiful . . . so there!

I've never colored my hair . . . guess I never had the urge to do so. Until the last approximately three years it was always VERY straight and for many years I had a perm. My hairdresser told me that it was not a good idea to perm and color both and that it would be hard to "match" my hair color because it was always so many shades of brown, red and sun bleached blonde. Then when the gray started coming in, which is mostly on the sides, I decided to just embrace it! About three years ago, my hair texture changed and it has some naturel wave now which tickles me pink. So I wear it short, with just a bit of gel to "tousle" it up and show off my gray . . . but I don't call it gray, I call it "ARCTIC BLONDE"!!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile
'Artic Blond! I LUV it CJ... cuz you are such a Cool lady...lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  09:41:00 AM  Show Profile
Lovely, lovely, lovely, in every single color! I especially love the red, Grace! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Grace: Your pictures are just adorable. It's nice to put a face with your texts. I'm late reading this, I've been out for a while.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  9:06:37 PM  Show Profile
hey Marly,,, glad to see you... I too have been MIA on the computer as I am down South taking care of my mom but I will be heading home on Wednesday... I am one tired girl!(and I miss my DH, pup and kitties)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Many Hair Colors,,, Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page