Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Road to California Quilters Conference
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Road to California Quilters Conference Next Topic  

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  4:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I just got back from the conference in Ontario,CA.
WOW it was really neat seeing all the different vendors, but the best thing was meeting 3 farmgirl sisters Quiltwright, DoctorDar and Janamarieje. Meeting them and chatting with them made my day. Thanks Ladies!

Now I need your positive thoughts. I was at the Brothers booth and was given a real good deal on a new machine with a trade in on my old one.
Because it still was a bit more than we wanted to spend I called Hubby. He said too much. Now it isn't that I need his permission but we don't make purchases over a hundred dollars without checking with each other. The vendor told me the offer is still good until the end of the conference which is 3pm tomorrow. The vendor has a shop in town. They gave me the contact info. So positive thoughts that Hubby will change his mind.
Thanks Gals!

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  5:34:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nancy, it was great meeting up with you, Quiltwright and DoctorDar, it is such a small world finding farmgirl sisters at the local event. Good luck convincing you hubby and keep us posted! I am going to post some of the quilt photos I took at the Road to California Quilt Show on my family blog.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  7:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,,, it is the same here in our home,,, purchases over a certain amount are discussed... to keep ourselves in check... Often times I will bounce a "want" with him and he knows what to ask,,, to make sure I really can/need the item and I do the same with him,,, he'll run something (purchase) by me and I ask the important questions... This way we don't make impulsive purchases... and sometimes we do... it's just fair to share....
And sometimes hubby tells me to just go for it,,,, which usually brings me back to reality! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  11:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jana and Grace. Hubby called later and we discussed it again. He is out of town this weekend. Nothing is decided yet. We will see. I want a good machine but we have to be careful with money and I don't need a machine with all the bells and whistles just the basics.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I totally understand keeping to just the basics as I have one of those sewing machines with a lot of bells and whistles and I think I have have only used 15-20 of the fancy stitches and abilities, but I do love the larger inside open area for bulky projects.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Road to California Quilters Conference Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page