guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  04:46:27 AM  Show Profile
What are your tips on time management? Do you have a list of what needs done each month on your homestead-pruning fruit trees, etc?

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6822 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6822 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  04:56:19 AM  Show Profile
Andrea, although I live in town in a little house with a little yard I do keep lists for seasonal, monthly, weekly, and daily things to do. I grow herbs so I have to keep track of them. I have 3 chickens that need looking after. And the projects go on and on.

I find that a planner works best for me. I also use a wall calendar for some things.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  05:43:20 AM  Show Profile
Andrea, I do the same things that Sara does for keeping on track of what I want to get done. I find that a planner has become "my other brain"! At the beginning of each week, I take a few moments to review what is already on the books and what I would like to get done. This helps me not forget to do important things like apps. and to also not procrastinate on tasks that are easy to push back. Once I got into the habit of using a planner for work about 13 years ago, I have never stopped using it, even though I am now retired.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  1:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am retired, too, and have not been using a planner, but I am going to start this year using one. I am sure this will help keep me on track with what I need to do around the farm, with my crafts, with swaps I host, and for myself. I also hope to celebrate many of the special days on MaryJane's 2016 calendar.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6718 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6718 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  4:09:11 PM  Show Profile
I am a huge fan of making lists of things I need to do. It helps me remember everything that I need to get done as well as helps me feel a sense of accomplishment as I see the items on the list become checked off. I find myself making lists for everything, from groceries to chores to work assignments. For as long as I can remember I have done this!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  07:18:14 AM  Show Profile
I have a planner and I call it my "Brain". If I don't have my "Brain" nothing gets done. I start my morning with my "Brain" scheduling my day. I actually schedule "scheduling time". I know it sounds extreme, however I am extremely ADD. I need the structure to direct me. I then list on a scratch paper every single thing I would love to get done today. It is kind of like a free thinking wish list. Then, I go over the list and pick out the things I absolutely have to get done today. Those things get written down in mu planner in order of importance. I always try to pick at least one thing that I want to do. Something just for me. Sometimes it has to be something minor because my have to's are too many. It might be running by McDonalds for an Iced Caramel Mocha. Hey, If Momma ain't happy. ain't nobody happy!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  8:25:29 PM  Show Profile
I love the new Mary Jane Planner because it can be used any way you want to. Plenty of room to write weekly, daily, monthly and make lots of lists. It's all in one place!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  05:56:01 AM  Show Profile
I used my MJF planner yesterday to write down a few notes from a good book I was reading. This way I can refer back to the points I want to remember and put into practice.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  07:57:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh man...why did I not know that MJF has a planner? Gonna have to go buy one now! Yippee! I get to go shopping!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic organized? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page