Page: of 140

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  4:02:31 PM  Show Profile
"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." Carl Jung
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  7:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Very interesting! I like that one, Marly.

"Spring is nature's way of saying 'Let's Party!'"
Robin Williams

I could really use some spring about now!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  12:26:31 PM  Show Profile
"If you spend too much time watching the world go by, it will." Unknown
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  2:47:04 PM  Show Profile
"And because these daft and dewey-eyed dolts keep building up impossible hopes, Impossible things are happening every day." - Rodgers and Hammerstein

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  6:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Such a good quote, Brenda. I've never heard that one before. I like it a lot! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  11:09:48 AM  Show Profile
"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." William W. Purkey
Marly

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  11:22:31 AM  Show Profile
That "impossible" quote is a line from a song lyric in "Cinderella" - a made-for-TV Rodgers and Hammerstein musical. It used to come on every year, kind of like the Wizard of Oz. Followed by Carol Burnett in "princess and the pea" - but I digress. The full lyrics can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd0fuaD-OwE although this is not the original version...

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Mar 24 2013 11:23:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  5:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Brenda.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  12:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Loved the Cinderella quote! We often don't know what we can do until we just get out and do it!

The following quote is from a lady who had a TV exercise show that my mom loved to work out with, even into her eighties. So apparently her philosophy can work.

You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again.
Bonnie Prudden

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  5:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Cute, Susan.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  8:11:47 PM  Show Profile
"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase."
Martin Luther King Jr.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  08:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Susan, now that is so true! I love it!!!! Thanks.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Teresa
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  07:23:06 AM  Show Profile
This is one of my favorite quotes:
"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." Mother Teresa
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:06:25 PM  Show Profile
"When the solution is simple, God is answering."

Albert Einstein

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Awe! so right, Susan! Even the hard times, He shows us the way. Thanks, Susan.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  08:44:17 AM  Show Profile
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" Erma Bombeck
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  6:43:08 PM  Show Profile
Marly, Maybe its your quote or the nearness of Easter but that brought me close to tears. Thank you.
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  7:29:49 PM  Show Profile
I don't know who said it but I love:"The difference between stubbornness and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will and the other comes from a strong won't".
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  09:07:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Susan. When I read who wrote that quote, I was so surprised. Erma Bombeck was such a funny lady. But I loved that quote.
Cindy: Good quote.

"When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace." Dalai Lama

Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  10:43:18 AM  Show Profile
I've loved quotes for a long time but I'm finding it fascinating now to know who they come from. Sometimes it shows us a side of someone we would have never guessed.

Cindy, stubborn and obstinate are often a matter of "you" or "me".

Marly, the Dalai Lama's quotes are so focused on kindness and peace. I met Yeshi Donden years ago, he had been the Dalai Lama's chief physician. Just being in his presence was an amazing experience. We seldom see true serenity and he was a prime example that brought peace in his presence.
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  08:46:13 AM  Show Profile
"To be rich in admiration and free from envy, to rejoice greatly in the good of others, to love with such generosity of heart that your love is still a dear possession in absence or unkindness- these are the gifts which money cannot buy." Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  08:45:56 AM  Show Profile
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." Gilda Radner
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  11:00:51 AM  Show Profile
"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."
Carl Sandburg

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  11:34:50 AM  Show Profile
Good quote, and so true!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  12:18:37 PM  Show Profile
I've got to double up today because its April Fools Day, and this really seems to fit.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Plato

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page