Page: of 140

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:23:35 PM  Show Profile
"Everyone has an inner voice; you just have to listen to it and trust it in order to be led by it. I did that, and it gave me the ability to live a life that's true to who I am." actress Sissy Spacek
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:24:55 PM  Show Profile
"Wisdom is knowledge with gray hair." Rick Dugas of Abbeville, Louisiana
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:26:22 PM  Show Profile
"Goodness in other people and what they contribute inspire me. I love it when someone is gifted and shares it in some way so that it has a trickle-down effect." Renee Zellweger
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:28:19 PM  Show Profile
"Naps are nature's way of reminding you that life is nice, like a beautiful swinging hammock strung between birth and infinity." Peggy Noonan
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:29:37 PM  Show Profile
"Be careful not to close the door too quickly on someone. You may just be locking yourself out." Audrey Harvey
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:30:59 PM  Show Profile
"Growth comes when we aim for our ideal, and not necessarily when we achieve it." Sheryl Towers
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:32:45 PM  Show Profile
"We must develop a compelling vision of later life; one that does not assume a trajectory of decline after fifty, but one that recognizes it as a time of change, growth, and new learning, a time when our courage gives us hope." Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:34:01 PM  Show Profile
"I believe that self-sacrifice is often necessary. But if you work yourself to ashes, there is nothing left with which to ignite the rest of your life." Linda Hawes Clever
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:05:49 PM  Show Profile
"I can't always control my body the way I want to, and I can't control when I feel good or when I don't. I can control how clear my mind is. And I can control how willing I am to step up if somebody needs me." Michael J. Fox, Emmy Award winning actor, on having Parkinson's disease
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:07:02 PM  Show Profile
"Each and every one of us should have something we're chasing every single morning, and to be excited about the day, and then go after it." Kevin Carroll
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:07:47 PM  Show Profile
"A surefire way to avoid mistakes- don't do anything." Dale H. Besterfield
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:08:48 PM  Show Profile
"If you can drive yourself crazy... you can drive yourself happy." Karen Salmansohn
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:15:25 PM  Show Profile
"Rely on the ordinary virtues that intelligent human beings have relied on for centuries: common sense, thrift, realistic expectations, patience and perseverance." John C. Bogle
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:16:17 PM  Show Profile
"God blesses us in spite of our lives, not because of our lives." Max Lucado
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:17:37 PM  Show Profile
"I seek the sharp, scary pleasure that comes from beginning something new- that calls on all my resources and challenges my mind, my body and my spirit, all at once." Robert Fulghum
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:18:22 PM  Show Profile
"Love is the only thing that multiplies when we give it away." Gloria Burgess
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:19:53 PM  Show Profile
"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. It makes the ride worthwhile." Carol Burnett
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:21:01 PM  Show Profile
"If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy." words engraved on a money clip from the gift company The Spoon Sisters
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:23:21 PM  Show Profile
"Help publicly. Help privately. Help make sense where sense has gone missing. Help science to solve and faith to soothe. Help, and you will abolish apathy- the void that is so quickly filled by ignorance and evil." Tom Hanks
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:24:04 PM  Show Profile
"Your problems are never bigger than your purpose." Herman Edwards
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:25:01 PM  Show Profile
"You can go anywhere in the world, as long as your heart is in the right place." Judy Bailey
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  4:02:14 PM  Show Profile
"Granma said that the spirit mind was like any other muscle. If you used it it got bigger and stonger. She said the only way it could get that way was using it to understand, but you couldn't open the door to it until you quit being greedy and such with your body mind. Then understanding commenced to take up, and the more you tried to understand, the bigger it got." Forrest Carter, "The Education of Little Tree"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  4:04:06 PM  Show Profile
"Then sometime in late March, after the Indian violets had come, we would be gathering on the mountain and the wind, raw and mean, would change for just a second. It would touch your face as soft as a feather. It had an earth smell. You knew springtime was on the way." Forrest Carter, "The Education of Little Tree"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  5:11:05 PM  Show Profile
"Winning does not always mean coming in first...real victory is in arriving at the finish line with no regrets because you know you've gone all out." Olympic champion speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  5:11:56 PM  Show Profile
"We don't laugh because we're happy, we're happy because we laugh." Dorothy Player
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page